Lotus Emira vs 2023 Corvette Z06

SemiF19

Reaction score
I tried to get on the reservation list for the Z06.........wired the $ and ended up with an insanely high # so I'm getting my $ back. The Emira had been on my radar for a while, but it wasn't until the Z06 dropped off for me that I decided to put the $ down to get on the list for an Emira. I'm with everyone else here. No need for an insane fast car on the street. I currently own a Camaro ZL1 1LE and honestly it's a car that gets me in trouble because it's so fast everywhere. So I'm longing for an experience like my previous car (Porsche Cayman GT4). Quick, but not crazy fast, mid engine with exceptional handing, and most importantly for me, a manual transmission. The fact that the Emira genuinely looks better than most Supercars is just icing on the cake. So bottom line is I'm no longer disappointed that I didn't get a Z06 reservation.

Matt

Emira Fan
Reaction score
I tried to get on the reservation list for the Z06.........wired the $ and ended up with an insanely high # so I'm getting my $ back. The Emira had been on my radar for a while, but it wasn't until the Z06 dropped off for me that I decided to put the $ down to get on the list for an Emira. I'm with everyone else here. No need for an insane fast car on the street. I currently own a Camaro ZL1 1LE and honestly it's a car that gets me in trouble because it's so fast everywhere. So I'm longing for an experience like my previous car (Porsche Cayman GT4). Quick, but not crazy fast, mid engine with exceptional handing, and most importantly for me, a manual transmission. The fact that the Emira genuinely looks better than most Supercars is just icing on the cake. So bottom line is I'm no longer disappointed that I didn't get a Z06 reservation.
Lucky you! The fastest car I've ever diven is a modified GTR35 around 600HP. Not a good experience. :ROFLMAO:

Maverick1

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Exterior=Emira wins, Z06 styling just too busy.
Interior=Z06 wins, lots of sweet carbon fiber, like the driver focused cockpit layout.
Driver involvement, engagement=Emira offers a proper manual transmission.
Power=Z06 by a huge margin 400 vs 670hp.
Engine=Z06 wins, high revving V8, flat-plane crank.
Sound=Z06
Who would have thought a Corvette could sound like a Ferrari.
Pricing....very similar.
Overall Size=Emira wins, I personally prefer a smaller car.
Wheels=Z06 wins carbon fibre wheels are you kidding me.
Would have been an awesome bonus if the Emira had a removable roof panel like the Z06 and Exige.
Screenshot_20220315-172806_YouTube.jpg

Last edited:

Green

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
Exterior=Emira wins, Z06 styling just too busy.
Interior=Z06 wins, lots of sweet carbon fiber, like the driver focused cockpit layout.
Driver involvement, engagement=Emira offers a proper manual transmission.
Power=Z06 by a huge margin 400 vs 670hp.
Engine=Z06 wins, high revving V8, flat-plane crank.
Sound=Z06
Who would have thought a Corvette could sound like a Ferrari.
Pricing....very similar.
Overall Size=Emira wins, I personally prefer a smaller car.
Wheels=Z06 wins carbon fibre wheels are you kidding me.
Would have been an awesome bonus if the Emira had a removable roof panel like the Z06 and Exige.
View attachment 3934

Oh no we brought the dead horse back to life🤐🥱

Matthaus

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
So the question really is.. why are you here?

I'm assuming based on the above that you're not buying an Emira!

PS. That interior is horrible.

Maverick1

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
So the question really is.. why are you here?

I'm assuming based on the above that you're not buying an Emira!

PS. That interior is horrible.
Of course I'm buying in an Emira, unless by the time the base edition is available, Lotus marks it up by an obscene amount.
I have no choice since I want my last sports car to be the most fun, driver focused, involving and engaging, so it has to be equipped with a proper manual transmission, which you can't get with any Corvette.

GetawayDriving

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
Styling kills the Corvette for me, inside and out. The proportions on the outside are really awkward and the interior is too loud, too cluttered.

No manual is a dealbreaker.

Speed doesn’t matter anymore. EVs have commoditized it. Driver engagement is, I think, why we’re all here on this side of the fence.

r1lee

Reaction score
the fact that i’ve always wanted a lotus (elan), rarity and styling. the 1.3 seconds better 0-60 means nothing to me, i’ve learnt that owning a Lc500.

the corvette is awesome for the price, but that’s all it has going for it. i do not like the driver oriented cockpit.

i’m sure all of us on here are leaning emira :) or else we would be on the corvette forum lol

LotusB

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
Don't listen to the haters... I like both cars for different reasons and ordered both. Also agree with your comparison list. Those that don't agree probably haven't seen the car. My dealer recently had an unveiling event with the yellow Z06 with the Z07 package.... oh my. Waiting for pricing, but I think that's the way I'll spec mine.

darkling

Emira Fan
Reaction score
yeah you will see it in 3 years . chevy isn't ready for the zo6 yet they are still over 2000 behind on just stingrays. The z06 is one hell of a car but not like all the other z06 it's gonna be like pulling teeth to get one .

Racer X

Emira Fan
Reaction score
The issue I have with cars as capable as the Z06 is that it’s too much to exploit on the road. Driving a fast car slowly tends to be a bore- a GTI would be more fun. Evora owners that I know feel that their cars are a blast at all speeds- that’s what I want from the Emira.

firstlotus

Reaction score
I was watching a podcast on The Smoking Tire with Chris Harris and they were discussing the issue of too much power for the street, and how it actually takes away the enjoyment of driving. Some cars are getting so powerful and such a handful, that you can't for a second take your focus away from keeping it under control. It was very interesting to hear the host and Harris talking about how they've become no longer impressed with tons of horsepower, but are more interested in other aspects of a car as whether or not it's a good or great car.

I feel the same way. How much power do I need to enjoy driving the car? My AWD Alfa Romeo Giulia has about 300 hp (I have a tune), weighs about 3,700 lbs, and it's a lot of fun to drive. That's a weight to power ratio of 12.33. According to Car&Driver, their test car did 0-60 in 5.5 seconds. The Emira FE is supposed to be about 3200 lbs with 416 hp, so that's a weight to power ratio of 7.69. With being 500 lbs lighter, and having 116 more horsepower than my Alfa, it's going to feel a LOT faster, so if driving the Alfa is fun, how much more of a blast is the Emira going to be?
Do you happen to know the number of that podcast...?

xen

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
I was watching a podcast on The Smoking Tire with Chris Harris and they were discussing the issue of too much power for the street, and how it actually takes away the enjoyment of driving. Some cars are getting so powerful and such a handful, that you can't for a second take your focus away from keeping it under control. It was very interesting to hear the host and Harris talking about how they've become no longer impressed with tons of horsepower, but are more interested in other aspects of a car as whether or not it's a good or great car.

This wouldn’t be the same Chris Harris that daily’s a GT3 Touring and just purchased a 625HP M5 CS now would it? Funny he was impressed enough to spend £145,000 of his own money.

Hapkin

Emira Fan
Reaction score
I agree with above. I own an manual M2CS with carbon ceramics and it is under rated out of the factory at 444bhp. At the wheels some have dyno'ed it at 482, close to 500 at the crank. Honestly, it's too fast for the road. It's just about perfect for the track. I am a serious amateur enthusiast driver with 4-8 track days per year and virtually every weekend out driving.

Now given that, I am 99% sure the Emira FE will be slower but more fun than my CS. More light weight, supercharged throttle response, lower center of gravity, dedicated sports car chassis, Lotus tuning and handling.

Lastly, for perspective I also have an manual R56 Mini Cooper S on Ohlins R&T and other handling mods, and stock engine besides intercooler. It is by far the most fun on the road and even in flat the twisties. Lightweight matters for enjoyment and cars are getting HEAVY. Only up hill in the mountains does it fall behind the M2CS in fun given only 178hp.

So I am so excited for my FE manual, sport suspension coming in Oct or Nov. Pretty sure it's going to be the most fun car I have ever owned and I love my CS and Mini.

FlyNavy01

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
I never understood the "too much power for the street" mindset. Do people think the gas pedal is an on/off button? Not trying to be a jerk here, but genuinely confused. Do folks not have self control or the ability to modulate their speed with their foot?

I daily drive a quick 3.1sec 0-60 car, and while 90% of the time I don't need it, the other 10% of the time I'd gladly take more. In other words, it's very enjoyable to always have enough power on tap at virtually any moment. It's actually saved me from a few dangerous situations on the road. I honestly can't ever think of a time I've thought ,"this car has too much power" in any vehicle I've ever driven.

I have no doubt the Emira will be a blast to drive for what it is, but are people just trying convince themselves it will be enough? Or maybe it's because many Lotus enthusiasts live in the UK with smaller and rougher roads?