Lotus Emira on Fast & Furious 10 set with Ludacris

Article: https://www.autoevolution.com/news/...irst-edition-on-the-set-of-fast-x-191412.html

In other threads I've suggested Lotus needs this level of marketing to go "viral" like Esprit and Elise did:
Lotus needs to pull an Esprit or Elise on this one (both eras predate my generation). How? Appearances in culturally relevant movies like James Bond or Pretty Woman. (In both, form mattered over function.) Being in the next arc of MCU films might do. Like that R8 showstopper moment in Iron Man but appealing to the current generation of sports car buyers.

user said:
I doubt Lotus is even considering the "tunability" of the I4. The tuner crowd in the Lotus community is very, very tiny. Its not worth extra marketing or development for a handful of extra sales it might generate.
I wouldn't discount the tuning crowd when the Fast & Furious franchise pierced the mainstream and is still kicking strong into its 10th iteration. Unlike the first 3 films, almost none of the cars are entry level anymore which is reflected back in real world culture.

Last edited:
It depends how high profile it is in the film. They use dozens and some are like main characters and others are like the extras. Elise and Exige were in previous ones but I doubt many people remember even seeing them on screen.

It depends how high profile it is in the film. They use dozens and some are like main characters and others are like the extras. Elise and Exige were in previous ones but I doubt many people remember even seeing them on screen.
Physics defying Emira…coming soon 🤣

Nah. Turn it into a submarine…..
Of course! And then take it skiing…
1655480128734.jpeg

Attachments

• 1655480061904.jpeg
    1655480061904.jpeg
    117 KB · Views: 16
Great story behind the filming of the Esprit chase scene too!

Great story behind the filming of the Esprit chase scene too!

The legendary Roger Becker. The peaks on the bodywork of all Lotus cars positioned directly over the front axle, to help with placing the car in relation to a corner apex, are called “Becker points” in recognition of his contribution to chassis engineering.

I didn't know that, good fact. Thanks for sharing.

#fortherogers (other being Moore)

Oh boy…. That’s going to make the Emira i4 very popular in a few years time with the Tuning crowd. Not exactly James Bond, but very good placement indeed
Doesn't Fast & the Furious also relate to various Emira fan reactions
to performance expectations and Lotus communications?
Weren't those ludicrous?

The first one was like hijacking semi trailers of DVD players right?

That escalated quite a bit from there didn’t it?

Launching the Emira into orbit isn’t far off. See “Climate Change” topic…

Combine all of these and we can probably file them under “bored”. :)

#ForTheMostBored

I'd rather see an Emira in 5 bad Bond films than one good F&F movie (there isn't one).
The days of classy product placement are over. Welcome to New Lotus, all about the $$$$ I feel. That's completely fine but I hope they do manage to hold onto some of that allure and magic rather than it becoming the sexy Volvo

Back