Lotus Emira at LOG41.

What’s that?
If I Google it I get 1.61278385672

Lotus Owners Gathering #41 in Canaan Valley, West Virginia.
Signing up now. That's my old stomping grounds. And some of the finest driving roads in the world.

[edit] DAMN it. I will be on work travel. The only one this year. WHYYYYYY 😫

I suppose showing up in a 718 Spyder (GT4 without a roof) would be in bad taste :cool: . Just kidding, that will probably be sold by then. Maybe we'll just fly up and rent something so we can see, and drive, the car.

I suppose showing up in a 718 Spyder (GT4 without a roof) would be in bad taste :cool: . Just kidding, that will probably be sold by then. Maybe we'll just fly up and rent something so we can see, and drive, the car.

What color? I could be interested !

If you're planning on an overnight you'll need to get creative in finding a spot at this point.

Hmmmm, I'm not a Lotus owner, yet.

Might be the first opportunity I get to drive one.

Interesting...

I will be back from work travel on Sunday morning. Maybe I can hop in the car and drive the 3 hours straight there to catch the mid-day and evening activities on Sunday. Hmm. :unsure:

I’m guessing that’s using a chunk of the US dealer demo cars before they go to their dealers.

Hmmmm, I'm not a Lotus owner, yet.

Might be the first opportunity I get to drive one.

Interesting...
You'll need to be a member of Lotus Ltd and a registered participant in the LOG.

OK, I am very new to this event, but I need some questions answered:

1) Can I just register and go or do I have to be a current Lotus owner?

2) What is this event consisting of?

3) Will I be able to test an Emira?

Trying to decide if it is worth booking travel from Northern NY...

OK, I am very new to this event, but I need some questions answered:

1) Can I just register and go or do I have to be a current Lotus owner?

2) What is this event consisting of?

3) Will I be able to test an Emira?

Trying to decide if it is worth booking travel from Northern NY...
The link in JMN444's post above, post number 4, will answer most of the questions.
No, you needn't own a Lotus. But you do need to be a member of Lotus Ltd, THEN register to participate.

As far as driving the car. I don't think Lotus could answer that. I'm on the periphery of the planning committee, and I heard a surprising number of Emira's showing up, as in more than one or two. Still, there will be a LOT of people wanting to drive the cars...how the queue will be managed will be interesting to see.

Well, here are 6 you’ll be able to test drive on a 1/32 scale Hethel slot car test track at LOG41.

68791948-D3CB-41FB-A37F-837238226705.jpeg

Any update to this? Will there actually be Lotus staff and vehicles present? There have been a lot of delays and complications in the time since this was posted.

Any update to this? Will there actually be Lotus staff and vehicles present? There have been a lot of delays and complications in the time since this was posted.
Matt Windle has announced that he will be there with a 'small army' of euro spec cars. When last I spoke with one of the committee organizers a month ago, all was still 'on' and that the Emiras would be there Sunday. I've heard anywhere from 4 cars to 11. A different committee member told me he'd be extremely surprised if there will be 11 Emiras there.

The committee members told me that the cars will only be driven by people registered as LOG attendees, which in turn means must be Lotus Ltd members. There will be walkup registrations, far pricier than preregistration was.

The reason you have to be a registered LOG participant has to do with insurance.

All that said, my information is a month old, so things might have changed.

The cars for LOG are Euro-spec LHD, not US-spec or RHD. Parts supply issues sadly still affecting completion of UK RHD cars.

Back