Lotus Driving Experience

OP
RyanGphoto

RyanGphoto

Reaction score
Brad at Hide and Seam made me a gaiter and sent it to the hotel. Fantastic stuff! And next, the track. See your there if you're in town on the 7th.

Thanks to @JonFuller for showing his work.

Update:

The Introduction to Sports Cars course is interesting. Two twenty minute sessions on the track, regardless of how many other people attend. There's a brief, then an instructor takes you on two sighting laps, and then switches seats and you go for five laps. You rotate out and then there's another brief and the next time it's only you driving (instructor still seated next to you).

I feel that's a very brief time to actually absorb much. On the other hand the car handles really well up to 120mph and is very stable even under heavy braking.

Because we only had six people in total, we were able to do the heritage tour and factory tour, which was nice, though I would have preferred more track time. The advanced course on Friday is apparently all track, no tour but I think based on how things went it's probably just four twenty-minute sessions.

Sheena and Nick who run the programs are terrific, and you do get a 10% discount in the shops. They were out of indoor car covers, but they do have the Jordan Bespoke leather hold all, and some nice books and jackets. The heritage shop and the factory shop have different items.
I won't be there on the 7th, I will be over there on the 23rd of March. Mind showing a picture of the gaitor? I would love a car cover.. I guess I will check it out when I see the shops.

I THINK the advanced, which is what I am doing is only 2-20 minute track sessions as well. I hope it's 4 - 20 min sessions, that would be amazing.

Thanks for the info. I do appreciate it.

Time2Fly

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
I won't be there on the 7th, I will be over there on the 23rd of March. Mind showing a picture of the gaitor? I would love a car cover.. I guess I will check it out when I see the shops.

I THINK the advanced, which is what I am doing is only 2-20 minute track sessions as well. I hope it's 4 - 20 min sessions, that would be amazing.

Looking at the time I should think it's more than two 20 minute sessions. After all it's before and after lunch.

Here's the gaiter from an installation picture. Check @JonFuller build journal for more

Attachments

• image3.jpeg
    image3.jpeg
    102 KB · Views: 36

Biggles of Norwich

Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner

The advanced is 3 sessions before lunch - Over/Understeer on the skid pan, slalom and brake & avoid. After lunch two 20 min high speed track sessions. There is quite a lot of time hanging around, but good chats to be had with fellow attendees.

OP
RyanGphoto

RyanGphoto

Reaction score
The advanced is 3 sessions before lunch - Over/Understeer on the skid pan, slalom and brake & avoid. After lunch two 20 min high speed track sessions. There is quite a lot of time hanging around, but good chats to be had with fellow attendees.
Sounds like the intro has more track time doing laps that I might, but I will let you both know. Either way I am super excited.. I would love to get a tour in there regardless.. But if that's not meant to be then it's not meant to be.

Thank you both for the info..

Time: How did you go about getting the gaitor? How can I contact them? I would love info on that if possible.

Biggles.. Thanks for the info.. I do appreciate it.. I will be up your way on Thursday this week sight seeing, Friday as well, then sat is the track day.
Sending you a PM

Time2Fly

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
Sounds like the intro has more track time doing laps that I might, but I will let you both know. Either way I am super excited.. I would love to get a tour in there regardless.. But if that's not meant to be then it's not meant to be.

Thank you both for the info..

Time: How did you go about getting the gaitor? How can I contact them? I would love info on that if possible.

Biggles.. Thanks for the info.. I do appreciate it.. I will be up your way on Thursday this week sight seeing, Friday as well, then sat is the track day.
Sending you a PM
I emailed Brad at Hide and Seam. Paid him via online invoice and he mailed it to the hotel I was staying at.

PJS

Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
I did the Academy on Saturday, pleasure to meet @RyanGphoto . Feel more confident in where the Emira's limits are now - the braking is phenomenal. I've also learnt' I can't drift for **it. Lots of LHD cars on site, all wrapped up awaiting their journey to their new owners.

OP
RyanGphoto

RyanGphoto

Reaction score
So great meeting you as well @PJS . I can't believe how poorly I drive!! I also can't believe how capable the Emira is as well.