Lotus Drive

LOTUS DRIVE: NEW E-COMMERCE PLATFORM FOR DIRECT SALES GOES LIVE​

• Online platform to configure, choose payment method, value part-exchange and place order direct with Lotus
  • Process integrated with recently upgraded model configurator
  • Delivers consistent and highly personal shopping experience for customers
  • Choose to collect car from Hethel and receive unique Lotus factory experience

(Hethel, UK – 2 March 2022) Lotus has launched Lotus Drive, a new e-commerce platform which allows customers to configure a car, choose a payment method, value a part-exchange, and place an order directly with Lotus.
It’s live now on www.lotuscars.com, and has been carefully created to be intuitive and easy to use.
The Lotus Drive purchase process has been integrated with the model configurator, recently upgraded so customers can view their potential purchase from every angle and in multiple lighting environments. They can even see it dynamically, as the advanced technology can place their exact spec of car in a stunning ‘movie’ backdrop on a beautiful Californian mountain road.
The launch of Lotus Drive follows the restructure of the UK showroom network from a retailer to a retail agency model, announced by Lotus in January.

Completing the sale is also direct with Lotus. When their Emira is built and ready for delivery, the customer completes their transaction via Lotus Drive and decides if they want to collect their car from a retail agent or have it delivered to their door. Customers can even pick it up from the newly upgraded Hethel site in Norfolk – the home of Lotus since 1966 – as part of a unique Lotus factory experience.

Lotus Drive is about placing every customer at the heart of every transaction to meet their needs. A recent Capgemini survey found 69% of customers said they expect to purchase their next car online, 74% said they prefer prices being the same online as offline, and 88% said they would prefer buying direct from the manufacturer if it’s a seamless online process.*
Geoff Dowding, Executive Director, Sales and Aftersales, Lotus, said: “Lotus Drive gives us the ability to deliver a consistent and highly personal shopping experience to our customers. Additionally, it will allow us to understand what cars customers want and build them to order, as well as gather and use customer data to personalise offers.”

Lotus Drive is currently only available to UK customers, selling UK-homologated versions of the Emira V6 First Edition

LOTUS DRIVE: NEW E-COMMERCE PLATFORM FOR DIRECT SALES GOES LIVE​

• Online platform to configure, choose payment method, value part-exchange and place order direct with Lotus
  • Process integrated with recently upgraded model configurator
  • Delivers consistent and highly personal shopping experience for customers
  • Choose to collect car from Hethel and receive unique Lotus factory experience

(Hethel, UK – 2 March 2022) Lotus has launched Lotus Drive, a new e-commerce platform which allows customers to configure a car, choose a payment method, value a part-exchange, and place an order directly with Lotus.
It’s live now on www.lotuscars.com, and has been carefully created to be intuitive and easy to use.
The Lotus Drive purchase process has been integrated with the model configurator, recently upgraded so customers can view their potential purchase from every angle and in multiple lighting environments. They can even see it dynamically, as the advanced technology can place their exact spec of car in a stunning ‘movie’ backdrop on a beautiful Californian mountain road.
The launch of Lotus Drive follows the restructure of the UK showroom network from a retailer to a retail agency model, announced by Lotus in January.

Completing the sale is also direct with Lotus. When their Emira is built and ready for delivery, the customer completes their transaction via Lotus Drive and decides if they want to collect their car from a retail agent or have it delivered to their door. Customers can even pick it up from the newly upgraded Hethel site in Norfolk – the home of Lotus since 1966 – as part of a unique Lotus factory experience.

Lotus Drive is about placing every customer at the heart of every transaction to meet their needs. A recent Capgemini survey found 69% of customers said they expect to purchase their next car online, 74% said they prefer prices being the same online as offline, and 88% said they would prefer buying direct from the manufacturer if it’s a seamless online process.*
Geoff Dowding, Executive Director, Sales and Aftersales, Lotus, said: “Lotus Drive gives us the ability to deliver a consistent and highly personal shopping experience to our customers. Additionally, it will allow us to understand what cars customers want and build them to order, as well as gather and use customer data to personalise offers.”

Lotus Drive is currently only available to UK customers, selling UK-homologated versions of the Emira V6 First Editn
  • "Delivers consistent and highly personal shopping experience for customers"
Are they kidding............ clear what they been doing instead of dealing with the concerns of those that have already investered ........ I bet they all drinking the same cool aid..... Come to that..... nothing new happening..... every thing there was there a month ago...... @TomE what do you see, any thing new

Last edited:
  • "Delivers consistent and highly personal shopping experience for customers"
Are the kidding............ clear what they been doing instead of dealing with the concerns of those that have already investered ........ I bet they all drinking the same cool aid..... Come to that..... nothing new happening..... every thing there was there a month ago...... @TomE what do you see, any thing new
I was going to say this business model only works if your comms and customer care is on point.
Online ordering is NOT the way fwd on a luxury product like this unless that happens

I was going to say this business model only works if your comms and customer care is on point.
Online ordering is NOT the way fwd on a luxury product like this unless that happens
I do think they have been drinking the cool aid...... none of this is new..... months old.... Think we should all email this guy

James Andrew, Executive Director, PR and Communications

[email protected]

+44 (0) 7384 830903

Lotus Drive is currently only available to UK customers, selling UK-homologated versions of the Emira V6 First Edition

Of course it's UK only.

Looking forward to some sort of exciting US delivery options in the future... Maybe by November? (yeah right)

I know BMW offers (or offered) their Performance Center Delivery in South Carolina. It was 2 days of exciting track experience for buyers of their new sportscars. BMW has their own test track there. Skid pad, high speed banks, even an entire off-road coarse to take the M SUV's.. Full road course too obviously.

Last edited:
Seems to me they are starting a news cycle with the Emira. This will be based a round a whole new bunch of interviews / reviews as we move into March.
My dealer has confirmed 2 cars arriving in June from Lotus and owned by Lotus. One car will be always kept in the showroom and one as a demostrator

I dropped him an email
Nice..... me to......:) time and money have been spent putting it together, not even mentioned on Lotus front page... they can not even time media launch, with web site update. Yes you can go on the config toll.... but no mention of Drive..... Nice to see the "Communications"are working well :ROFLMAO:

Perhaps the time and money would of been better spent, communicating with the customers they have

Nice..... me to......:) time and money have been spent putting it together, not even mentioned on Lotus front page... they can not even time media launch, with web site update. Yes you can go on the config toll.... but no mention of Drive..... Nice to see the "Communications"are working well :ROFLMAO:
I did notice that lol.

Back