Lotus Communications

Yachtie

Emira Fan
Reaction score
I bought one of the first S2 Elise's and went through some of the similar communication problems we are experiencing now with the Emira. However despite all this I received the Elise In May 2001 just two months after the original date quoted at order. I still have it, it has perfomed pretty much flawlessly since new and I will be keeping it with the Emira.
I did come across some interesting marketing information about the new Elise and the M250 project from 2000 in my purchase files and thought it might be interesting for you to see. It is aimed at the dealers which is not applicable so much now in the UK, but hopefully they have a similar program of information and follow up in mind for us Emira customers now!.
There is an interesting process for the all new M250 project which includes the opportunity for new owners to drive their car for the first time around the Hethel track, now that would be nice!! :)
IMG_8267.jpg
IMG_8263 2.jpg

ps hope the Emira doesn't follow the same path as the M250 project!! o_O

Thanks a lot, fascinating to see that. It would be interesting to see the equivalent comms strategy for Emira :)

In December I requested a spec change on the exterior colour and interior leather. This was a bit of a test to see how quickly CS would respond.......they didn't follow thru' so I cancelled my order and chased the deposit, which was returned. My original delivery date was July 22 but had been progressively shifted to Jan 23.

So on Friday CS contacted me to say my spec change had been accepted....the only purpose of this is to demonstrate how the organisation/process/task seems to have a disconnect......one that drove me away as I have had enough of being a beta owner with other marques. I wonder if I will be asked to go thru' checkout.

Last edited:
In December I requested a spec change on the exterior colour and interior leather. This was a bit of a test to see how quickly CS would respond.......they didn't follow thru' so I cancelled my order and chased the deposit, which was returned. My original delivery date was July 22 but had been progressively shifted to Jan 23.

So on Friday CS contacted me to say my spec change had been accepted....the only purpose of this is to demonstrate how the organisation/process/task seems to have a disconnect......one that drove me away as I have had enough of being a beta owner. I wonder if I will be asked to go thru' checkout.
This in my mind suggests a project and management breakdown. Communication and understanding of all project issues has to be known for the right outcome to be realised.
In my mind some departments are working in bubbles - particularly from your post in Customer Services. They are delusional as they must think they are doing such a great job, all on this forum have been touched by the inconsistencies and frankly untruths.

My experience has been similar, I have no time for them and don’t trust their words. They know nothing what is going on and like a true politician do not answer a direct question. So pointless expecting them to be proactive- now they are not even reactive, from your post and others we will see - you might find a car delivered to you by mistake.

This in my mind suggests a project and management breakdown. Communication and understanding of all project issues has to be known for the right outcome to be realised.
In my mind some departments are working in bubbles - particularly from your post in Customer Services. They are delusional as they must think they are doing such a great job, all on this forum have been touched by the inconsistencies and frankly untruths.

My experience has been similar, I have no time for them and don’t trust their words. They know nothing what is going on and like a true politician do not answer a direct question. So pointless expecting them to be proactive- now they are not even reactive, from your post and others we will see - you might find a car delivered to you by mistake.
I think I may have read a post on Facebook from someone who already cancelled then received a check out email . It’s all very odd considering we know some of the senior execs monitor these threads, you would think they would be horrified and make some urgent changes

So on Friday CS contacted me to say my spec change had been accepted....the only purpose of this is to demonstrate how the organisation/process/task seems to have a disconnect......one that drove me away as I have had enough of being a beta owner with other marques. I wonder if I will be asked to go thru' checkout.
Lotus are being inconsistent with their actions, there has been numerous people whom have been locked in for extremely long time asking for spec changes and we have been categorically told it is a hard No even with providing plenty of notice before build month and even if for example you wished to remove something like tracker. So now within the same month of manufacturer on this occasion they are accepting major changes - was the spec change going to delay your order to 2024 ………

This just confirms that the company has no real management control, if Lotus is to survive Geely needs to get a proper management structure in place or their investment is going to be destroyed!!!

Clearly they underestimated the value of a dealer in managing the customer…. not sure the direct model has worked for them

Clearly they underestimated the value of a dealer in managing the customer…. not sure the direct model has worked for them
Exactly this is a massive error and they need to rectify it rapidly, the dealer where my Emira is due to be delivered to (I hope) is as much in the dark as customers are, I cannot work out the economics of how these " DEALERS" work in the current structure.

Lotus are being inconsistent with their actions, there has been numerous people whom have been locked in for extremely long time asking for spec changes and we have been categorically told it is a hard No even with providing plenty of notice before build month and even if for example you wished to remove something like tracker. So now within the same month of manufacturer on this occasion they are accepting major changes - was the spec change going to delay your order to 2024 ………
I don't think so. No change to dates.

Not to be rude, but what makes him special?
Very early deposit, earlier than others who have received their cars. Also would not allow him to change his spec. He also has been an owner of Lotus for years, knows Matt Windle on a first-name basis, did a factory tour before that was even a thing and is a huge part of this community. He's been pushed back more than anyone.

How so? He was ready to get his car last July before the crazy delays started.
@NicolasB He has received the checkout email, but has delayed accepting the car, he is considering his options, possibly base model when pricing is released. Lotus told him take it or lose it, he will go to the back of the queue for base models. No love for Tom from lotus it seems