• We are conducting our first ever Lotus Emira of the Month for May 2024. This will be a monthly contest and will be submissions from users, voted for by the membership. Please take a moment to check out thread here: 🏆 May 2024 - Emira of the Month starts now! (You can dismiss this message by clicking the X in the top right hand corner of this notice.)

Lotus Ashford at the Weekend

Cutting42

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
We have an appointment to see the Emira in Ashford on Sunday, anyone else on here on the list? Will be bringing my slightly uncertain wife to try and tip her over the edge so to speak. My thoughts have always been i4 but the temptation of sooner is a powerful influence even if extra money is the opposite.

Hope to meet some of you there.

Stormcloud

Reaction score
We have an appointment to see the Emira in Ashford on Sunday, anyone else on here on the list? Will be bringing my slightly uncertain wife to try and tip her over the edge so to speak. My thoughts have always been i4 but the temptation of sooner is a powerful influence even if extra money is the opposite.

Hope to meet some of you there.
Ashford on Saturday 12.30 for me. Poverty spec at 61k OTR and full fat v6 78k OTR, plenty of questions ready to fire.

TomE

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
Supposedly you're supposed to be able to fit a standard carry on piece of luggage behind the seat. ?
That’s correct, you’ll get a cabin bag behind each seat. There’s a shelf at about the same level as in an Evora 2+0. For a 6 foot driver the max gap behind the seat is about 20cm. For me at 5’9” with short legs and the seat a lot forward it was about 30cm. This is how it looked at that setting:

6CC74040-1282-4778-BA76-27485E3334D7.jpeg

Last edited:
OP
Cutting42

Cutting42

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
That’s correct, you’ll get a cabin bag behind each seat. There’s a shelf at about the same level as in an Evora 2+0. For a 6 foot driver the max gap behind the seat is about 20cm. For me at 5’9” with short legs and the seat a lot forward it was about 30cm. This is how it looked at that setting:

That's encouraging as I am 5'10" with short legs, space looks excellent for the two of us on a weekend away possibly longer with that space.

kratedisease

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score

View attachment 538

Question to anyone who has personally seen this car.....

Are the seat backs Alcantera material or Plastic....hard to tell from these photos.

Please let us know, thanks

VL3X

Staff member
Reaction score
Looks like black plastic seat backs. Wish they were carbon like the Evora GT!

OP
Cutting42

Cutting42

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Had a great hour or so in Ashford today, danish pastries, fruit platter, tea and coffee if anyone wondering about the food ;-)

Very well staffed with folks from the dealership and the Lotus team that travel with the car. Not much to add to the information reported and confirmed in previous posts and threads just to say it was very relaxed, plenty of time to talk at length with Lotus folks as well as time crawling over the car, sitting in and asking all the questions I could think of.

Confirmed that interest was way over what had been expected and that Lotus are pushing all their suppliers to see what quantities (increased) they can cope with so they can up production as quickly as possible.

I think we will wait for the i4 FE prices and decide between that or a longer wait for a "build your own" i4. Colour wise possibly the Blue - which my wife liked with the black roof although she was not keen on the very black interior so maybe look at a lighter interior leather. Shame they did not have the ice white/grey on display. I really liked the green/tan combo which is my fav and was second fav for my wife.

aEdMIRA

Reaction score
I was there at 4pm on Sunday (couldn't make Saturday) I saw a nice cayman and quadrifoglio, customer cars though. Yes, Ashford is a great new dealership with enthusiasts as employees!