Launch control and no lift shift - V6 Manual

I searched to no avail, are either of these two functions available on the V6 manual?
you generally only get launch control on an automatic.... I may be wrong, but Porsche only have it on their PDK, so no... Lotus 100% dont have it on their manual>
I had a porsche with it for 2 years, NEVER used it .. not once, not even to try it.... bit pointless imo....

The C7 Corvette 7sp had launch control, used it a couple times just for giggles and to capture some Draggy 0-60 and 0-100 times. Come to a stop full stop, shift into 1st gear, press the brake hard then quickly mash the throttle to the floor. Motor stabilizes at 4000 rpm then drop the clutch and hold on.

No Lift Shift is a Tremec (GM/Ford) thing and it’s great on the track, road or drag.

No big deal, just curious.

you generally only get launch control on an automatic.... I may be wrong, but Porsche only have it on their PDK, so no... Lotus 100% dont have it on their manual>
I had a porsche with it for 2 years, NEVER used it .. not once, not even to try it.... bit pointless imo....
Pointless until u use it then 100% addictive 😅

Last edited:
Not true, both my previous Subaru STi and my current Focus RS both have launch control and both are manuals. I believe it is known as a 2 step launch control.

You put it in first gear. Clutch fully in, Give it the full beans on the accelerator pedal. It will bounce off the rev limiter that you have it set for and then you lift off the clutch and off you go!

I would have thought you could do that with any manual. Foot sideways off the clutch. The trick is to find the rev point where it doesn’t spin up the rear / bog down as the traction control cuts in.