Komotec officially says …

Citizen

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
… that they already started the production on upcoming upgrades for the emira v6

in this short video on comments ….

Nova

Emira Addict
Reaction score
Eh, isn't the video of an I4?

Schumacher

Reaction score
I am expecting these packages at these prices. I am hoping since there will be greater numbers sold that other tuners in the US will take up the charge as these prices are triple what they should be.

TomE

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
Eh, isn't the video of an I4?
Yes, it’s the Seneca show car. Komotec already have a range of upgrades for the Toyota V6 in the Exige and Evora. They’ll offer similar for the Emira, plus upgrades for the i4. They’re also confirmed as the first team to buy two Emira GT4 race cars.

Last edited:

Gibbo205

Reaction score
Komotec are a good tuner but yes their prices are an absolute joke.

I mean £1500 for a remap is just laughable!

Really hope the Emira and the levels of production and particular AMG will see Komotec become more competitive and fairly priced as their prices typically need to half.

TomE

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
Not laughable if you consider the R&D involved and the very limited market - only 6000 V6 Evoras built worldwide.

As you say, hopefully much higher volumes for the Emira and other tuners like Lichfield jumping in on the AMG will mean keener pricing.

Rudolph

Emira Fan
Reaction score
If you don't like to loose your warranty these upgrades only would be available generally from 2023 + 3 yrs = 2026 (and later)
(Hopefully Lotus does not increase his number of warranty years..........;) )
BTW.........in this rapidly strickter automotive environmental regulation world.......what are the possibilities / chances left for upgrades.....?
How strict will the supervision be that time.....?

Gibbo205

Reaction score
Not laughable if you consider the R&D involved and the very limited market - only 6000 V6 Evoras built worldwide.

As you say, hopefully much higher volumes for the Emira and other tuners like Lichfield jumping in on the AMG will mean keener pricing.

Some truth to this but I know pretty well that on the V6 Komotec are just using the Lotus 430 maps for the tuning with some tweaks, so not particular huge amount of R&D into the tuning and as such it is why I think the price is somewhat laughable. I could be completely wrong but I doubt Komotec 430 map was written ground up by Komotec and am pretty sure they grabbed a 430 map from Lotus and then modified that to work on none 430 cups, so disabling items like drift control etc.

Plus no way should a map, supercharger pulley and high flow exhaust cost £5500, I am close to manufacturing so have an idea on cost and needless to say the profit margin in said items is just bonkers even with R&D cost factored in.

Komotec are the best Lotus tuner, Jubu seem to be doing some nice kit too, but there needs to be more Lotus tuners coming to market, been so few has resulted in a lack of competition and thus high prices on tuning.

The truth will be known once the AMG Emira launches, if a company wants £1500 for an Emira remap yet a Mercedes tuner and remap an A45S for £500, it just goes to show the amount of pi$$ taking going on.

I believe the AMG Emira will have the M139 and 8 speed DCT, this engine makes 420HP in the A45S and the gearing is very tight close ratio, most tuners on the A45 S with downpipes get close to 500HP and to do including downpipes and fitting is around £1000ish.

A 450-500HP 8 speed DCT AMG Emira is going to be bonkers fast, your talking sub 3.5s to 60 as long as traction is not an issue and around 7s to 100mph, that is properly supercar performance apart from the absolute latest fastest stuff from the likes of say Mclaren which are truly bonkers fast but also somewhat boring at road speeds to drive.

xen

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score

A 450-500HP 8 speed DCT AMG Emira is going to be bonkers fast, your talking sub 3.5s to 60 as long as traction is not an issue and around 7s to 100mph, that is properly supercar performance apart from the absolute latest fastest stuff from the likes of say Mclaren which are truly bonkers fast but also somewhat boring at road speeds to drive.

At 500bhp with launch control It’d be closer to low 3’s.

Something that obvious yet not so obvious is that 0-60 times for big turbo cars aren’t really representative of regular acceleration. They’ll do blistering times with the turbos spooled at start but that’s not a realistic representation of their off the line performance.

Gibbo205

Reaction score
At 500bhp with launch control It’d be closer to low 3’s.

Something that obvious yet not so obvious is that 0-60 times for big turbo cars aren’t really representative of regular acceleration. They’ll do blistering times with the turbos spooled at start but that’s not a realistic representation of their off the line performance.

3 or 3.5s both more than fast enough.

NicolasB

Emira Maniac
Reaction score
I spent $3,200 USD for a remap of my RS7, that was 3 years ago. Also, there are companies selling catback exhaust systems for over $5k. Komotec isn't aimed at the teenager, Honda Civic crowd with millions of customers, so the prices seem correct. They gotta make money, otherwise it's not worth their time.

TomE

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
For several years now Lotus have encrypted their ECUs. I'm not aware of Komotec having an inside track with Lotus or an official partnership, so I believe it's unlikely they had a Lotus base 430 map to start from.

The Emira V6 and i4 ECUs will also be encrypted by Lotus. So all the tuners are going to have to start from scratch. The M139 base maps might give a slight advantage versus a blank page, but Lotus have made changes to intake, exhaust and a few other things, so the various A45S tunes aren't necessarily going to help much.

I'm sure Komotec, Lichfield and others will get Emira tunes developed but I don't think it'll be as simple as copy/paste/edit.

The larger market will encourage more to tackle it and the existing examples of AMG tuning show what could be achieved. Someone will get there before Lotus introduce the Emira S/GT.

Evotion

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
There is also no point in Komotec and others rushing. It might take 2 or 3 years until there are enough. cars ut there to filter down to those willing to upgrade the cars.

I am hoping I won't need any extra power for the Emira but may consider an exhaust tweak IF I don;t think the car gives me an eargasm.