Just saw this

Just driving to pick parents up and saw this. Nearly crashed. How, what, when, why and lots more. Any input. Various ideas gone through my mind. Obviously registration possible gives it away

Attachments

• 51C66A3A-4FDB-44AC-A6C7-4D789B3260F4.jpeg
    51C66A3A-4FDB-44AC-A6C7-4D789B3260F4.jpeg
    465.6 KB · Views: 2,584

First Lotus

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
OMG! Now is that amazing to see one in the wild. But also that is the best photo I've seen of the rear. I've always slightly worried about it. But that looks great

OP
D

DaveR

Reaction score
Just driving to pick parents up and saw this. Nearly crashed. How, what, when, why and lots more. Any input. Various ideas gone through my mind. Obviously registration possible gives it away
No idea what version pre prod or whatever but this looks great

Attachments

• 1DBC958B-99A4-48B7-847C-28657EEAC2CC.jpeg
    1DBC958B-99A4-48B7-847C-28657EEAC2CC.jpeg
    518 KB · Views: 1,374

Matthaus

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Was it a v6? Can't quite tell

That front arch gap looks a bit high

Love the colour with the black wheels

donskibeat

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Pre-production I should think going by dates and lack of details on DVLA site

1652300164163.png

Porter

Emira Addict
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Appears to be a complete FE car with the exception of the cast wheels. It does have the FE pillar badge. Nice to see the FE brakes with black calipers, first time I've seen that well-photographed. Thanks.

UK Reg plate lookup says it's registered and tax paid, but no MOT and no Type Approval so this is a pre-production car.

[edit]donskibeat beat me to the post

dgrace

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
Unfortunately, this probably puts to rest the theory that cars photographed at the factory have shipping spacers inserted into the suspension which raises the ride height temporarily.

DerTheDer

Emira Maniac
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
In America the executives or designers get to take some of the higher end, unreleased vehicles home and drive them to and from work to work out any last minute kinks. Ive seen it with the new Vette before it was released, there were many photos of them on the road by employees doing exactly this.

kitkat

Emira Addict
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
Unfortunately, this probably puts to rest the theory that cars photographed at the factory have shipping spacers inserted into the suspension which raises the ride height temporarily.
Finally someone with some common sense.

Everyone -- yes the Emira stock ride height is going to higher than you visually want it to be. And yes, you can alter the ride height if it really bothers you that much, just like every other car out there.

Pete

Reaction score
That front end is really high. 😔 Other than that, she looks great! I guess center caps are on back order too... 🤔
The front is noticeably higher than the rear. With all the focus on design and quality (having witnessed the quality control kit on the factory tour this week) I expect this is a pre production quirk and will not feature on our beauties when they arrive.

Johnson

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Black pack looks great with the blue.

Those silver exhaust tips shouldn’t be there though. And I see they’ve already got some carbon build-up. Anyone know the best way to clean that off?

TomE

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
In America the executives or designers get to take some of the higher end, unreleased vehicles home and drive them to and from work to work out any last minute kinks. Ive seen it with the new Vette before it was released, there were many photos of them on the road by employees doing exactly this.
Lotus have been giving a number of cars to employees to drive 100s of miles every day for mileage accumulation testing. A few have been spotted parked outside houses across the country. They’re all pre-production cars.

Plates starting AU are usually factory cars (Norwich registration district).

TomE

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
Was it a v6? Can't quite tell

That front arch gap looks a bit high

Love the colour with the black wheels
Yes it’s a V6. Top of the engine is higher and it’s asymmetrical in the engine bay. The i4 engine cover is symmetrical and sits lower.

Lankan

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
No idea what version pre prod or whatever but this looks great
As already mentioned by others, from the registration information, it does appear to be a pre-production car.

I find an 'MOT History' check to be most representative of a car's actual description per DVLA's database.

1652311442512.png

Have to agree that the side shot does show a rather strange front-wheel-to-arch gap. :cautious:
Is it an illusion, given the angle at which the shot was taken?

Last edited: