• The June 2024 Lotus Emira of the Month contest is underway! Please take a moment to check out thread here: 🏆 June 2024 - Emira of the Month starts now! (You can dismiss this message by clicking the X in the top right hand corner of this notice.)

Japan - Emira Ownership (エミーラ納車とその後)

In the meantime, how about a get-together & photo shoot in Kawagoe city (Saitama)?
その前に川越で愛車撮影会など...
Sounds good to me. Other than this weekend I'm available every Saturday/Sunday.
Luckily, I was able to book my PPF shop for repair work over the next couple of weeks (they will be working on my car in between other customer cars). Unluckily, that means I won't be able to do the Kawagoe trips until mid-June...

To enter and exit the Hokuriku area from the Kanto region, we recommend either the highway course using the Hokuriku Expressway or the mountain course from Matsumoto via the Awa Pass. In the direction of Toyama, take the Shogawa Onsenkyo Hot Spring Resort via Gokayama. In the direction of Ishikawa, Katayamadzu Onsen Hot Springs and Yamashiro Onsen Hot Springs Village via Hakusan White Road are recommended.
There are also restaurants and accommodations near Shogawa in Toyama.

関東方面から北陸エリアに出入りするには、北陸自動車道を利用した高速コースか、松本から安房峠を利用した山岳コースがおすすめ。
富山方面は五箇山を経由して庄川温泉郷。石川方面では白山ホワイトロード経由の片山津温泉や山代温泉郷がおすすめです。
富山の庄川付近には、こんなレストラン&宿泊施設もありますよ。

To enter and exit the Hokuriku area from the Kanto region, we recommend either the highway course using the Hokuriku Expressway or the mountain course from Matsumoto via the Awa Pass. In the direction of Toyama, take the Shogawa Onsenkyo Hot Spring Resort via Gokayama. In the direction of Ishikawa, Katayamadzu Onsen Hot Springs and Yamashiro Onsen Hot Springs Village via Hakusan White Road are recommended.
There are also restaurants and accommodations near Shogawa in Toyama.

関東方面から北陸エリアに出入りするには、北陸自動車道を利用した高速コースか、松本から安房峠を利用した山岳コースがおすすめ。
富山方面は五箇山を経由して庄川温泉郷。石川方面では白山ホワイトロード経由の片山津温泉や山代温泉郷がおすすめです。
富山の庄川付近には、こんなレストラン&宿泊施設もありますよ。

Thanks for the info !!!
I think the mountain route from Nagano would be a great experience for a group of EMIRAs ! And we can fill up on fried chicken on the way (Karaage Center - Matsumoto Hirata shop) :LOL:
Lots of hot springs to choose from, but not sure about Toga Village...

情報ありがとうございます!
車が車なので、安房峠ルートを走ってみたいです。もちろん、途中で「からあげセンター松本平田店」に立ち寄って心と体の潤滑をしてから!
温泉いろいろあって悩みますねぇ。しかし「利賀村」というイメージから遠く離れた超絶オシャレ度... 何があったのでしょうか?

Luckily, I was able to book my PPF shop for repair work over the next couple of weeks (they will be working on my car in between other customer cars). Unluckily, that means I won't be able to do the Kawagoe trips until mid-June...
I should have my car back from PPF repair this weekend. How about a quick meetup on Jun 22 (sat) or 23 (sun)? South Saitama or North Kanagawa, perhaps? Daikoku parking area is fine too.

I should have my car back from PPF repair this weekend. How about a quick meetup on Jun 22 (sat) or 23 (sun)? South Saitama or North Kanagawa, perhaps? Daikoku parking area is fine too.
Mine is at Lotus Yokohama for its free post-break-in inspection and its first oil change.

I took it to the dealer on June 6th and they told me it would take ~2 weeks to have it back, so I will probably have it back somewhere in October.

However, if a miracle happens and they stick to the original schedule then count me in! I prefer Saturday 22nd.

Regarding the location, if it's a quick meetup to meet each other in person, exchange impressions and have a bit of fun, then Daikoku is fine. However, at some point I'd like to go on a more interesting touring somewhere further away. :)

I took it to the dealer on June 6th and they told me it would take ~2 weeks to have it back, so I will probably have it back somewhere in October.
However, if a miracle happens and they stick to the original schedule then count me in! I prefer Saturday 22nd.
You never know...

Regarding the location, if it's a quick meetup to meet each other in person, exchange impressions and have a bit of fun, then Daikoku is fine. However, at some point I'd like to go on a more interesting touring somewhere further away. :)
Agree. I'd really like to get some nighttime photos in Kawagoe though. Not sure what scenic routes there are in the South Saitama area. Don't forget the Hokuriku tour in last week of October with the i4 folks.
クルマが綺麗なうちに夜の川越で写真を撮りたいです。日中の活動として県南のドライブルートがあるとよいのですが... 10月最終週は北陸ですね!それまでに i4 の皆さんが納車・慣らし終わっていることを祈ります。

Unfortunately I will be in Europe at this time. Hope to catch you the next time you come to the Western side of Tokyo (and into Saitama).

Question to those who have installed ETC, from what I have read so far looks like most people had the dealer install, can you let me know how much it cost? my dealer is quoting somewhere around 75k yen. Seems super expensive compared to what I paid in my previous cars, just wanted to understand if this is reasonable or if I should consider installing elsewhere.

Question to those who have installed ETC, from what I have read so far looks like most people had the dealer install, can you let me know how much it cost? Don’t have the exact number at hand by my dealer is quoting somewhere around 90k yen.
Your dealer is overcharging you.

My dealer (Lotus Yokohama) installed the ETC module for free because I "negotiated" down a couple things.

However, they did charge me for the drive recorder installation, and that's more complex than the ETC module because of the dual cameras and extra wires.

They charged me ¥48.000 for the drive recorder installation. I supplied the drive recorder unit myself, so they only charged me the installation cost, not the parts.

Question to those who have installed ETC, from what I have read so far looks like most people had the dealer install, can you let me know how much it cost? my dealer is quoting somewhere around 75k yen. Seems super expensive compared to what I paid in my previous cars, just wanted to understand if this is reasonable or if I should consider installing elsewhere.
ETC (Panasonic CY-ET2620GD) parts and labor: 54,000 JPY
dashcam (Yupiteru Z-310) parts and labor: 145,000 JPY
*note: these are all August 2023 prices.

PXL_20240615_101022032.RAW-01.COVER.jpg

Last edited:
Thanks all for your feedback. Ok, guess I need to do some cross shopping. Interesting that there is a maintenance pack. This is Harajuku?

Thanks all for your feedback. Ok, guess I need to do some cross shopping. Interesting that there is a maintenance pack. This is Harajuku?
This is at Ishikawadai (Ohta-ku), but same company as Harajuku (LCI Tokyo / Lotus Tokyo).
1718447874796.png

This is at Ishikawadai (Ohta-ku), but same company as Harajuku (LCI Tokyo / Lotus Tokyo).
Is this (43万5千円)the price for each maintenance, or for the set of these 6 inspections?

If it's the price for each then it's expensive. If it's the price for all of them then it's a very reasonable price.

Is this (43万5千円)the price for each maintenance, or for the set of these 6 inspections?

If it's the price for each then it's expensive. If it's the price for all of them then it's a very reasonable price.
It's the total price for the set of 6 checkups. Basically, it's "everything up to the first inspection (車検)".

It's the total price for the set of 6 checkups. Basically, it's "everything up to the first inspection (車検)".
Then that's a very good deal. When I go to pick up my car this Tuesday I'll talk to Lotus Yokohama and see if they have the same deal or something similar.

In case this is useful to anyone, this is what I'm paying for my first maintenance + installation of the battery charger:

emira_maintenance.png

Back