Japan - Emira Ownership (エミーラ納車とその後)

Tokion

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
The dealer told me that LCI is in the middle of some kind of reorganization (probably related to the name change that @Tokion mentioned) and because of that's it's taking longer for them to get an answer.

I have also heard other reports regarding “LCI being so busy regarding their reorganization, that may be greater than just a corporate name change”. Recently the number of PDI’ed cars per month dropped from 30 to 20, but the rumors suggest that AFTER reorganization the target of PDI number will increase to 40.

JaviLM: I wish you lots of pleasure driving your new EMIRA V6 FE. Probably at some point we can meet? I am in Koganei near the boarder of Saitama (Tokorozawa).

Whenever my own Emira four-cylinder First Edition Turbo arrives, I plan to run it in on a combination of regular roads and motorways. The i4 version actually need a bit longer distance (about 2000 km) than the V6.

I am interested in a map-application CaliMoto which seeks out driving routes with regular streets and roads with lots of curvy and winding sections. It was originally developed for motorcycle riders, but it is increasingly used by car enthusiasts.

I think the running in process needs a variation of loads and engine speeds (within the set limits according to where you are in the process.)

JaviLM

Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
I have also heard other reports regarding “LCI being so busy regarding their reorganization, that may be greater than just a corporate name change”. Recently the number of PDI’ed cars per month dropped from 30 to 20, but the rumors suggest that AFTER reorganization the target of PDI number will increase to 40.
This makes sense. I spoke today with the dealer and apparently even they don't know what's going on with LCI.

JaviLM: I wish you lots of pleasure driving your new EMIRA V6 FE. Probably at some point we can meet? I am in Koganei near the boarder of Saitama (Tokorozawa).
Sure, I'm near Omiya. How about after you got your car too? Do you have an estimate date for the delivery already?

Tokion

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
This makes sense. I spoke today with the dealer and apparently even they don't know what's going on with LCI.

Sure, I'm near Omiya. How about after you got your car too? Do you have an estimate date for the delivery already?
Thanks for your reply JaviLM. LCI is hinting that my car is in the process of being built at Hethel (one problem is that they have kept saying this since January🤣). It should be in the first group of four-cylinder (i4) imported to Japan because my order number is near the top. I am also told that this version recently has been approved in Japan regarding emissions. So everything is ready to go. Let’s hope that LCI quickly gets through its restructuring, and that it is for the better.

Nice to hear you are near Omiya. There is actually a major car audio related company in your area that I am considering to work with regarding straightening out what I consider as deficiencies in the Emira car audio system. I will tell you, and everyone who cares to listen, what I intend to do, and how successful I will be to have it done.

OP
virtualmacho

virtualmacho

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
埼玉県道11号熊谷小川秩父線 looks like a nice place to run-in your cars and meet. No idea about cofee and food, though.

Tokion

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
埼玉県道11号熊谷小川秩父線 looks like a nice place to run-in your cars and meet. No idea about cofee and food, though.
I hope that you, Virtualmacho, and others with already run-in Emiras, will also join to guide us “newbies” and just to “hang out” together🥰😇

OP
virtualmacho

virtualmacho

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
I hope that you, Virtualmacho, and others with already run-in Emiras, will also join to guide us “newbies” and just to “hang out” together🥰😇
More than happy to join! I usually have daytime commitments on Saturdays, so Sundays would work best.
土曜日の日中は動きが取れないことが多いので、日曜日や祝日を希望します!

OP
virtualmacho

virtualmacho

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Arghhhh!!! Didn't see that low brick wall. PPF didn't provide enough protection this time...

PXL_20240406_070005650.RAW-01.COVER.jpg

OP
virtualmacho

virtualmacho

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Well, I have a date already: I'll be taking delivery next Saturday 6th.
Congrats on your new Emira @JaviLM ! Looks like the weather held up today - did you enjoy the drive home?
And happy belated birthday!
納車おめでとうございます!なんとか天気も持ちこたえたようでヨカッタですね!

JaviLM

Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Update: I took delivery of my Emira today.

Regarding the leak in the AC: the dealer finally got an answer from LCI and they've placed the replacement parts in order. It will take around a month for them to arrive from the UK. In the meanwhile, the guys at the workshop have "sealed" the AC with tape and gauze (if I understood the explanation correctly), so I can use the AC if I need it, but gas is going to leak little by little anyway.

I'll take it to the shop once they tell me that the gaskets have arrived, and the repair is supposed to take a week (probably less).

One thing I've noticed: the driver (me) sucks. After 25+ years of not driving manual I have completely lost the muscle memory on how to operate the clutch and throttle. I managed to stall the engine 3 times on my way back home from the shop. What an embarrassment. I hope I don't destoy the transmission too early. 😅

Anyway, my Emira is now home. Tomorrow I'll tinker a bit with the screens to get familiar with everything and I'll go fill the deposit. I'll start driving it during the week because I already had plans for Sunday. I will also have to stop by the home center or Autobacs/Yellow Hat to buy some padding for the garage wall: I hit it with the door when getting out of the car today (luckily no scratches).

Attachments

• IMG_6856.jpeg
    IMG_6856.jpeg
    423.4 KB · Views: 28

JaviLM

Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Congrats on your new Emira @JaviLM ! Looks like the weather held up today - did you enjoy the drive home?
And happy belated birthday!
Actually, I was terrified all the drive back. I have to relearn how to drive manual (it doesn't help that back in Spain the drivers' seat was on the left). I messed up a few times, but luckily I didn't break anything or kill myself (yet).

It will take me a while to get used to it. 😅

OP
virtualmacho

virtualmacho

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
First time on the shuto Expressway and in the Daikoku Parking Area. Beautiful day today!
エミーラでの初首都高、初大黒PA。ロータスは少数派ですね。
PXL_20240414_045749839.RAW-01.COVER.jpg

JaviLM

Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
I took it out for a drive this Saturday too. First I drove from Omiya to Tokyo in the very early morning when there was barely any traffic and had breakfast in the Marunouchi area. Then I decided to go to Chuzenji Lake in Nikko.

I got on the 東北自動車道 and headed north, stopping at almost all the service areas in the way. At one point I parked next to a McLaren Artura. I think the Emira looks better. A young guy saw the cars and came to take photos, but he basically ignored the McLaren and kept looking at the Lotus. My guess is that this was probably the first time he saw one in the wild.

What I didn't enjoy was the initial part of the drive back. Instead of taking the expressway I drove back on the 国道122号. In the mountain part of the drive this road has only one lane in each direction and lots of curves. I'm an inexperienced driver and I'm not used to the new car yet, so I drove carefully. However, some other drivers in tuned cars behind me didn't like that I was holding them back, so they kept sitting on my ass for 15-20km until I got to a Lawson in the road and I was able to let them pass there.

Anyway, two things surprised me: first, it's not as fuel-hungry as I expected. I did about 475km on a full tank and before I filled it again the gauge estimated that I had enough fuel for 200+ km. Maybe it's because of my relaxed driving style and relatively low RPMs. The second thing is the noise. I thought it was going to be too noisy inside the cabin, but it's not. Again, this may have something to do with the revs and the fact that I haven't put it in sports or track mode yet.

Overall I'm very happy with the car. I'm now halfway through the break-in. On Sunday I washed the car in my parking space (I never bothered to do that with my old Toyota C-HR), and that was pretty rewarding too.

Attachments

• IMG_6919.jpeg
    IMG_6919.jpeg
    638.3 KB · Views: 32
  • IMG_6922.jpeg
    IMG_6922.jpeg
    634.2 KB · Views: 29
  • IMG_7013.jpeg
    IMG_7013.jpeg
    737.4 KB · Views: 27
  • IMG_7034.jpeg
    IMG_7034.jpeg
    363.6 KB · Views: 27
  • IMG_7036.jpeg
    IMG_7036.jpeg
    513.7 KB · Views: 32
OP
virtualmacho

virtualmacho

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
I took it out for a drive this Saturday too.
Great to see you are enjoying the car, and leading a pack of tuned cars on a mountain road too 🤣
There is a coffee shop named COFFEE LOTUS in the Yaesu area, but it's closed on weekends...

楽しく慣らし運転をされているようですね。あと半分!ご安全に!