• We are conducting our first ever Lotus Emira of the Month for May 2024. This will be a monthly contest and will be submissions from users, voted for by the membership. Please take a moment to check out thread here: 🏆 May 2024 - Emira of the Month starts now! (You can dismiss this message by clicking the X in the top right hand corner of this notice.)

It’s here!!! Looks stunning 😎 ... but what's this window warning sticker?

TomE

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
Thread title amended :)

Still waiting for pictures of the actual car 📷

OP
M

Markc

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Thread title amended :)

Still waiting for pictures of the actual car 📷
Hi Tom. Everyone has seen a blue one! I have posted a TikTok video I quickly made at lunchtime.

TomE

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
We've all seen a blue one, but we want to see YOUR blue one!

With or without a happy smiling owner doing some flossing, or whatever goes on over on TikTok these days ;)

meenboli

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
When i opened and closed the doors in the demo in Nottingham (windows were up) I didnt have to do anything - mind you cant say if i noticed the windows drop slightly upon opening and closing the doors.
The windows definitely drop when you open the doors - I did notice it - only because my Audi Cabriolet does the same thing to tuck and untuck the glass from the fabric hood.

Also - how can you double tap the hazard switch from the outside???

SteveJohnson

Reaction score
Apologies for digging up an old thread, but does anyone know what the transport mode is for and why it affects window operation?
It's normal for manufacturers to have a transport mode setting, so that power and speed can be limited, and access restricted to certain areas of the car, all in order to protect it in transit. You can be sure that it hasn't been ragged around a compound when the speed is limited to, say, 18 mph. Sometimes, the software can have glitches which lead to unintended side effects, such as switching off the reversing camera or sensors; in Lotus' case, it seems to be the drop glass function when the doors are opened

Last edited:

Fido

Reaction score
Emira Status
Waiting to order
Transport mode may also disable a number of other systems to possibly safety systems too. With the vehicle prepped for tether down for shipping there are coil spacers fitted to minimise suspension movement but if the safety systems detected what on the road might be an extreme manoeuvre and deployed the air bags while the guy was loading it, it wouldn’t be good! Sensors measure roll/pitch/yaw rates for anti-skid etc and if you’ve watched a transporter being loaded you’d understand. The coil insert simply stiffen the suspension so they can go up and down ramps without grounding out. The also limit body movement In transit.

digilotus

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Thanks for your replies folks. They make sense.

However I really can’t understand why transport mode would put the window glass in a position where it can damage the door seal. (Requiring a warning sticker). Does anyone have any clue why this is the case?

meenboli

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order

However I really can’t understand why transport mode would put the window glass in a position where it can damage the door seal. (Requiring a warning sticker). Does anyone have any clue why this is the case?
Is it not simply a mode that drops the glass - so you can disconnect the battery and still be able to open the doors?

My S5 cab doors are almost impossible to open without the glass dropping...

kitkat

Emira Degenerate
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order

Window drop for frameless window features need to be very active. The speed in which most people pull a handle and open the door means that the window needs to drop asap in order to prevent seal damage. They do this by keeping that system on all the time, this uses some amount of battery power. Transport mode as you’d expect shuts down those systems so that the battery isn’t being drained while being transported and doesn’t arrive with low voltage.

meenboli

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
Window drop for frameless window features need to be very active. The speed in which most people pull a handle and open the door means that the window needs to drop asap in order to prevent seal damage. They do this by keeping that system on all the time, this uses some amount of battery power. Transport mode as you’d expect shuts down those systems so that the battery isn’t being drained while being transported and doesn’t arrive with low voltage.
Agreed - and to what I said... 😂

Panda47

Emira Fan
Reaction score
I’m at work so haven’t had chance to properly look at it. I noticed this sticker on the window. What’s that about???
When the cars aren't picked up from Hethel they are sent to delears in what is known as shipping mode.
The dealer then has to do a 4hour download on the computor.
When you open the door the window needs to drop about 1/4inch to protect rubber seal,but in shipping mode this doesn't happen,hence the sticker to be careful.
If you are inside the car you need to push the emergency flasher button before opening the door and the window will drop.
After the download all is back to normal.

digilotus

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Thanks @kitkat that’s a logical explanation!