❔ QUESTION Is the top black pack added after build completion?

Johnson

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
I was just going back over the factory photos and noticed that none of the cars had the upper black pack. Is that because it’s added as a film later on? Or just that we haven’t seen any in production yet?

digilotus

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
I was just going back over the factory photos and noticed that none of the cars had the upper black pack. Is that because it’s added as a film later on? Or just that we haven’t seen any in production yet?
The black pack roof and a pillars are factory painted panels and not film. I saw a photo of a black pack car being developed - need to find it and post here.

Reactions: AGP

TomE

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
I saw a couple of Black Pack cars at the factory in January and the yellow car used for the Eletre launch had it.

Most of the cars we’ve seen so far are prototypes, development, validation and pre-production. So limited benefit in doing an essentially cosmetic extra step when building them. Once you’ve proved the production and QA process for BP you don’t need to keep adding it.

Same on some other options like KEF audio - why add it to lots of cars that in many cases are going to be destroyed.

Pugwash

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
In the factory I only saw one top black pack car. It was half way down the assembly line and the black roof and cantrails had been added in the same way as a coloured roof option.

VL3X

Staff member
Reaction score
I asked this early on since the Seneca Blue showcar appeared to have a black vinyl wrap on the black pack parts (I spotted some bubbles and peeling on the edges). It's yet to be confirmed AFAIK.

Porter

tap tap... is this thing on?
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
The whole roof section and roll hoop are attached as a unit to the chassis. I have a pic of it somewhere.