Is anyone being told that Lotus is not allowing outside financing?

Bear Dalton

Reaction score
Good afternoon,

My car is here and ready to go. I have secured 3rd party financing through a credit union. My salesman is stating that Lotus is not accepting/allowing 3rd party financing.

Has anyone else been told this?

Thanks in advance.
Lotus themselves are not regulating how you purchase the vehicle. Outside financing not being "allowed" is the dealer because their F&I guy and/or the dealer want their banks kickback or have a monthly minimum financed number to hit to keep the bank on with them. Financing with the dealer is "king" as far as dealer preference. But in the end, any ethical dealer will take payment however their customer sees fit, to retain customer satisfaction.

Fasttoys

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Lotus themselves are not regulating how you purchase the vehicle. Outside financing not being "allowed" is the dealer because their F&I guy and/or the dealer want their banks kickback or have a monthly minimum financed number to hit to keep the bank on with them. Financing with the dealer is "king" as far as dealer preference. But in the end, any ethical dealer will take payment however their customer sees fit, to retain customer satisfaction.
Straightforward solution. Suppose you are desperate for the car and forced to finance with the dealer, instead of telling them what to do with the Dopey car. Once you're done & drive off the lot, 30 days later re-finance with your bank. The good news, in the end, this hits them and they can't do anything about it.