• We are conducting our first ever Lotus Emira of the Month for May 2024. This will be a monthly contest and will be submissions from users, voted for by the membership. Please take a moment to check out thread here: 🏆 May 2024 - Emira of the Month starts now! (You can dismiss this message by clicking the X in the top right hand corner of this notice.)

Interior dash and shifter lighting

vdr

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Does anyone know what "Welcome home lighting" is?
I believe that the exterior lighting on the car, including headlights, stay on for a short period of time after the vehicle is parked and powered off to presumably give you some illumination as you walk away from the vehicle.

TomE

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
Thanks - good pick up!

I suspect that might include the overhead light, footwell lights and door storage/pull lighting. Just not sure whether the dash will have any.
The official interior shots released at the reveal shows the lighting in the cup holders, door pull and footwell plus underlighting on the i4 shifter, so I suspect there will be some sort of lighting on the V6 manual shifter.

1627853040035.jpg

1627853039979.thumb.jpg.2b0fce59f0c145ad5532dd026bc93c8e.jpg

If not, there's a USB port just ahead of the meshed part, so you can plug in your own lighting: spot, twinkly, flashing, neon, coloured, fairy etc etc :)

20211124_143752.jpg

TomE

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
I hope they made those safety nets around the gear linkage easily removable.
Should be. I discussed with them at Goodwood, while it was still unclear if the mesh would be a regulatory requirement, and they were looking at a solution that could be fitted for some countries and left off for others or be a customer-specified option.

TXEMIRA

Emira Maniac
Reaction score
The official interior shots released at the reveal shows the lighting in the cup holders, door pull and footwell plus underlighting on the i4 shifter, so I suspect there will be some sort of lighting on the V6 manual shifter.

View attachment 2818

View attachment 2817

If not, there's a USB port just ahead of the meshed part, so you can plug in your own lighting: spot, twinkly, flashing, neon, coloured, fairy etc etc :)

View attachment 2819
@TomE they are “twin cup holders” please. Don’t you forget it! ;)

Glorious and double cup capable.

#ForTheCupS

TomE

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
Sorry boss, my mistake. I will write it out a hundred times. I'm still getting use to this concept of a cupholder in a Lotus, let alone two.

I've literally no idea what I will use them for, as there is no way I'm carrying containers of fluid to slosh about in the middle of the interior :)

Suggestions welcome on alternatives, in addition to my Bollinger upgrade option posted earlier.

VL3X

Staff member
Reaction score
Sorry boss, my mistake. I will write it out a hundred times. I'm still getting use to this concept of a cupholder in a Lotus, let alone two.

I've literally no idea what I will use them for, as there is no way I'm carrying containers of fluid to slosh about in the middle of the interior :)

Suggestions welcome on alternatives, in addition to my Bollinger upgrade option posted earlier.
Maybe a candle or two to keep the interior smelling nice?

TXEMIRA

Emira Maniac
Reaction score
Maybe a candle or two to keep the interior smelling nice?
Same issue here. Even while well lit.
Coffee + ice leather = dumb decision.

Possibly 2 YETIs each filled halfway.
OR
One YETI and the key fob in the other.

GetawayDriving

Emira Fiend
Reaction score

I have an idea for the guys who order the I4 automatic...

1643946626043.png

Mike-engel

Emira Fiend
Reaction score

I find them useful for two things.
1. WeatherTek cup holder for my phone.
2. In my other cars I find they hold the pill-shaped zippered case for Oakley sunglasses really well.

Those are a couple of suggestions.

Pugwash

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Maybe a Kirobo Mini. More Toyota technology so would fit right in!