Interior dash and shifter lighting

digilotus

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Has anyone wondered whether the interior dash lighting and the gearchange mechanism lighting on manual cars will make its way into production? I didn't see it present in any of the show cars.

Even if its a white glow, it would add so much more character don't you think? The soft blue glow on ice grey dashboard leather looks amazing.

I hope they surprise us and it makes it into the final production cars!

dash-mockup.png

SJR202

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Does look pretty cool - where was the photo of the ice interior from? Looks a magazine?

Golfer1971

Reaction score
Has anyone wondered whether the interior dash lighting and the gearchange mechanism lighting on manual cars will make its way into production? I didn't see it present in any of the show cars.

Even if its a white glow, it would add so much more character don't you think? The soft blue glow on ice grey dashboard leather looks amazing.

I hope they surprise us and it makes it into the final production cars!

View attachment 2802
We‘ll see, when we get into our Emiras for the first time!
I wish it will be very soon!

Pav

Emira Fan
Reaction score
I think it's pretty likely, that kind of lighting is kind of common in cars now (it's just LEDs and lets marketing bang on about 'customisable mood lighting'.) Though I think being able to change it as a bit pointless/naff, it's a 'feature' used to sell hot tubs and gaming PCs!

Would be cool to have the gear mechanism lit 100% agree.

OP
digilotus

digilotus

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Does look pretty cool - where was the photo of the ice interior from? Looks a magazine?
Its a still from Harry's Hethel visit when he was chatting to Russell Carr in the design studio.

TXEMIRA

Emira Maniac
Reaction score
Ambient light.... cupholders?
I can't wait to hear from our friend @TXEMIRA ´s input for this. 🤣
After that I want the fridge accordingly matching the cup holders, with nice mood lighting.
It’s “ice mood lighting” ;)

These cup holders are getting serious airtime and rave reviews.

#ForTheCupHolders

VL3X

Staff member
Reaction score
We don't know just yet, but we know it's white ambient lighting only and the pics show lighting in the cup holders at least. I assume they'll be in the footwells and possibly the interior door handles.. hopefully crisp white led dome lights too.

It may be silly to some, but I wish they'd offered user customizable color changing ambient lighting. So many other less expensive vehicles have offered this for at least the last decade and it's a fun way to further customize your vehicle's style. (I know it's a Lotus and we should be happy with any sort of updated interior, but come on.. It's $100k and my $30k VW offers it standard).

TXEMIRA

Emira Maniac
Reaction score
We don't know just yet, but we know it's white ambient lighting only and the pics show lighting in the cup holders at least. I assume they'll be in the footwells and possibly the interior door handles.. hopefully crisp white led dome lights too.

It may be silly to some, but I wish they'd offered user customizable color changing ambient lighting. So many other less expensive vehicles have offered this for at least the last decade and it's a fun way to further customize your vehicle's style. (I know it's a Lotus and we should be happy with any sort of updated interior, but come on.. It's $100k and my $30k VW offers it standard).
I’m a fan of any user-customizable elements wherever possible. The likelihood that I just set them all 1 time is quite high but at least they’re mine!

:)

#ForTheCustomizers

GetawayDriving

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
Man, I would love this. It would also sway me toward the ICE interior if it was confirmed. I suppose it's possible enough to add it if it's not.

VL3X

Staff member
Reaction score
Man, I would love this. It would also sway me toward the ICE interior if it was confirmed. I suppose it's possible enough to add it if it's not.

That illuminated shift linkage is awesome too! Just noticed that...

Tonyshepp

Emira Maniac
Reaction score

You are right then you Can have the mood lighting like the exterior colour, like red or yellow or blue. The white lighting will match the white stitching on my black leather seats.