Interesting info on Lotus and KEF

Nova

Emira Addict
Reaction score
Eh... I am sure it'll be a great system, but this is starting to feel gimmicky. The wattage and driver count is a little over the top IMO. I really don't see what they could accomplish with 2100+ watts and 23 drivers what they couldn't with 1300+ watts and 15 drivers.

The Uni-Core subwoofer design works well in a cube or tube enclosure - neither of which are good shapes for OEM automotive applications, which tends to favor thin and flat designs instead.

Pegasi

Emira Maniac
Reaction score
I’m starting to think that “simplify, then add lightness” got lost in translation into Chinese.

As I was re-watching videos of the Lotus team I noticed that they are very frank that the Emira is the most "luxury" sportscar they have created. Essentially conceding the "simplify, then add lightness" concept to achieve a supercar looking, daily drivable, and track car for a larger audience. I have driven an Evora once but to us new people we probably won't know what we are missing with an Elise or an Exige. So your point is absolutely correct.

vision

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
As I was re-watching videos of the Lotus team I noticed that they are very frank that the Emira is the most "luxury" sportscar they have created. Essentially conceding the "simplify, then add lightness" concept to achieve a supercar looking, daily drivable, and track car for a larger audience. I have driven an Evora once but to us new people we probably won't know what we are missing with an Elise or an Exige. So your point is absolutely correct.
Im loosing the will to live with this constant pointless dribble

Jonhklee

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
I too was initially excited about KEF premium audio in the FE, but increasingly I find myself not too bothered about it any more…. Somehow I think Twitter in the A pillar setup of the standard audio will be fine.

Pegasi

Emira Maniac
Reaction score
Im loosing the will to live with this constant pointless dribble

With the combination of there being a higher end KEF system in the Electre and the news in another thread that Lotus has a new dealer in Philadelphia... these items are foundational for growth. They aren't pretty or fancy but it appears that Lotus is trying to strengthen their whole portfolio. Just my opinion