Insurance quotes and availability (Aus/NZ)

danmessy

Reaction score
Anyone in Australia obtained quotes for comprehensive insurance yet - more so those expecting delivery of a First Ed. in the next couple of months?

The Emira doesn't appear to be listed on insurer websites, but I am curious as to what premiums it will attract.

emiraspain

Emira Addict
Reaction score
Anyone in Australia obtained quotes for comprehensive insurance yet - more so those expecting delivery of a First Ed. in the next couple of months?

The Emira doesn't appear to be listed on insurer websites, but I am curious as to what premiums it will attract.
I think you will have a wait, its not listed anywhere to my knowledge, even the UK where it should be released in 6 7 8 weeks. When the UK gets quotes, you can start looking, before then you should be basing your estimates on an Evora I guess, although the value may push it a bit higher as well as spare parts availability.... you'd think all bits are going to make them for the moment. hah

Sir Donald Trump

Reaction score
I think you will have a wait, its not listed anywhere to my knowledge, even the UK where it should be released in 6 7 8 weeks. When the UK gets quotes, you can start looking, before then you should be basing your estimates on an Evora I guess, although the value may push it a bit higher as well as spare parts availability.... you'd think all bits are going to make them for the moment. hah
I got an indicative quotation 2 weeks ago for the V6 Auto, £2K which is bonkers . My Maserati GT was only £1200

Daz

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
I got an indicative quotation 2 weeks ago for the V6 Auto, £2K which is bonkers . My Maserati GT was only £1200
Depends on how old you are Donald, if you’re still a teenager then it’s a bargain 😛

CarGuy07

Emira Fan
Reaction score
i called Geico and Amica to get quotes few months ago. Used a Porsche GT4 VIN and Evora VIN in order for quotes to populate. I got something like $2-2.5K for 5,000 miles a year. This will be a weekend car and will likely be much less considering I drive 6-7K miles a year.

CDM1855

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
That’s steep. I got quoted 2,100 for 2 cars arriving soon. Emira V6 Auto and Tesla Y

This was based on not having driven in the uk for 20 years

Johnson

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score

I called AAMI a few months ago for an idea of costs. Based on previous Lotuses it was around $2000 a year, but the excess was massive (from memory about $15,000). And they would refuse to insure if not garaged.

ADC

Just Jazzed About Being On The Show
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
Crikey... 2 grand would sting 😅

I tested the waters again just now on a '22 Evora GT 410, I was getting £325-ish fully comp with an 850 excess (of which 500 is volountary). I'm 42. Not to sound like an arse, but is it your postcode? Are you a known crime syndicate boss? Did you get frisky with the underwriter's wife?

Reactions: Daz

Johnson

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Not to sound like an arse, but is it your postcode? Are you a known crime syndicate boss? Did you get frisky with the underwriter's wife?

Chuckle. That’s about standard for a luxury car here (remember we’re paying $200,000 for ours, thank you Luxury Car Tax). The excess amazed me though… I did wonder if it was because there’s no Lotus dealer in Tassie… would mean it would have to go on the boat to the mainland for repairs.

ADC

Just Jazzed About Being On The Show
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
Chuckle. That’s about standard for a luxury car here (remember we’re paying $200,000 for ours, thank you Luxury Car Tax). The excess amazed me though… I did wonder if it was because there’s no Lotus dealer in Tassie… would mean it would have to go on the boat to the mainland for repairs.
Ah, but we're talking 2 grand of actual money, not Australian dollarydoos ;)

Do you really pay 4K+ per year? Ouch.

EDIT: reading fail. was thinking we were talking about a fellow Brit further up. still, that excess you were quoted is no joke!

* Allowed to take the piss... originally from Australia :)

Last edited:

Greenblood

Reaction score

I got one online from NRMA, it was $3040 pa. I will definitely shop around, btw I am 54yo with a clean driving record.

OP
D

danmessy

Reaction score
I called AAMI a few months ago for an idea of costs. Based on previous Lotuses it was around $2000 a year, but the excess was massive (from memory about $15,000). And they would refuse to insure if not garaged.
AUD$15K excess ?!?! That's a bit outrageous - I am thinking perhaps because the car is not yet landed?

Garage requirement... what sicko wouldn't garage their Emira! 😂

OP
D

danmessy

Reaction score
I got one online from NRMA, it was $3040 pa. I will definitely shop around, btw I am 54yo with a clean driving record.
I tried after seeing your post, but the Emira model doesn't load as an option to select, and I just get a page error.

OP
D

danmessy

Reaction score
I’ve got a preliminary quote from Shannon’s for AUD$2350pa. I’m 50yo with a (mostly) clean driving record. Not sure about excess yet
Thanks for that. Given the likely wait times, hopefully a few of the big players will have quote functions out soon. I've never insured with Shannons. I have however heard they are good (and local business?), but previously when I quoted other cars they were at least $800 to $1000 more than other insurers like AAMI or RAC (for an Elise anyway) - then again I was a lot younger at the time.

Greenblood

Reaction score
Thanks for that. Given the likely wait times, hopefully a few of the big players will have quote functions out soon. I've never insured with Shannons. I have however heard they are good (and local business?), but previously when I quoted other cars they were at least $800 to $1000 more than other insurers like AAMI or RAC (for an Elise anyway) - then again I was a lot younger at the time.

I have my bike insurance with them, and they are good, allow modification and were easy to deal with after wildlife incident.

Daz

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Don’t bother with insurance, bang some dodgy plates on her then when the cops try to pull you over just race off, most of their cars won’t be able to catch you…….simple ( but don’t quote me )