Late Feb 22...@Cachaco131 just curious as to when you got on their waitlist. I too am hoping there will be a good number of cancellations so that ours come earlier, which for me would ideally be Dec. ‘24 when my current BMW lease ends.
Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.
Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.
Late Feb 22...@Cachaco131 just curious as to when you got on their waitlist. I too am hoping there will be a good number of cancellations so that ours come earlier, which for me would ideally be Dec. ‘24 when my current BMW lease ends.
It’s social media like anything else. It’s publicly available to all. I don’t think Coca Cola would change their formula because of a forum. Lotus is more likely measuring share of voice, user sentiment, brand impression etc across a dozen different outlets.I know plenty of Lotus people are on here as members and others visit as guests. That’s across different teams and levels of seniority. It includes Customer Care and PR.
I’m not sure how formally it’s tracked, although we’ve been contacted by Lotus a few times about specific topics.
I don’t think much of what’s posted on here influences what Lotus does.
BamLotus aren't measuring anything on here. Over on TikTok on the other hand...![]()
Did Galpin indicate they would sell you the i4 at MSRP? I had heard that some of those on the wait list for the V6 FE were told there would be a dealer markup of ~ $20K.I was told I am ~60 on the list for i4's at Galpin, having placed an order in early December 22. I am hoping that because it seems to be a decently sized dealer, the wait list will clear faster than some of the other options around SoCal. That being said, they haven't given me any timing estimates. Am hoping for Q1 2025.
Christ, i best slow down my criticism else my car will only have 3 wheels! lolI know plenty of Lotus people are on here as members and others visit as guests. That’s across different teams and levels of seniority. It includes Customer Care and PR.
I’m not sure how formally it’s tracked, although we’ve been contacted by Lotus a few times about specific topics.
I don’t think much of what’s posted on here influences what Lotus does.
Did Galpin indicate they would sell you the i4 at MSRP? I had heard that some of those on the wait list for the V6 FE were told there would be a dealer markup of ~ $20K.
Yeah 3 emira’s. Did you have to pay ADM? I thought I always heard normal people could not buy Ferrari? Have you bought one in the past or are you a movie star?Close to Getting off the Emira wait list, as I have an option at a 296GTB with late summer/early Fall 2023 delivery - about 15+ months ahead of an Emira at the rate Lotus is going. Yes, significant cost difference is there, yet what the hey, what else will I spend my $$ on? Dealer location is the same as Lotus with North Atlanta or Charlotte.........
View attachment 24518
Yeah 3 emira’s. Did you have to pay ADM? I thought I always heard normal people could not buy Ferrari? Have you bought one in the past or are you a movie star?
I don't think he's asking how you can afford it, he's asking how you can buy it without ADM, etc. I was under similar impression, that Ferrari only sells their "hot sports cars" to their exclusive clientele. Is the 296GTB not selling well?I'm nothing special, just an newly retired engineer that did not have any kids and invested the extra funds wisely over the years.... And you are correct regarding the cost differential. That is most of my hold-up. In my estimation the Lotus and Ferrari have many similar issues regarding Dealer location, and some reliability issues?. The Lotus may have an advantage in the cost to operate & maintain, yet when you are buying and operation these cars you really should not be caring about the cost those things? I have a few days to decide on the Ferrari, then the allocation goes elsewhere.....
Ferrari tends to like to sell the higher range to legacy buyers, yes. Any fool with $$ can buy an entry level of course, and Ferrari has a 1st right to buy back when you’re ready to trade up.Yeah 3 emira’s. Did you have to pay ADM? I thought I always heard normal people could not buy Ferrari? Have you bought one in the past or are you a movie star?
Are there Turo rentals in your neck of the woods? I've rented many sportscars through them.Just emailed Gator to cancel my order.
I’m not really surprised with the production delays and the few little problems some folks have had, after all, it’s a new low-volume car built in a new factory with new suppliers and new employees.
Obviously, Lotus could have handled the communication better, but I’m really not sure that would have made people any happier.
For me it really came down to running out of excitement for the car- it’s been 18 months since I ordered it, and since I didn’t make the FE list, I’m sure it would be another year’s wait at the minimum.
I may just keep my mint 2005 NSX, although since I only drove it 80 miles last year I probably don’t really need an exotic-type car at all these days lol.
It's crazy, isn't it?Lotus aren't measuring anything on here. Over on TikTok on the other hand...![]()
Sounds like I just moved up the queue at EarthMotorsportsI'm out as of a couple of weeks ago, on the waitlist in Dallas for a year (no. 81 on their list), The dealership is great, and always answers all questions along the way, but the extra $12k PLUS estimated delivery mid to end 2024 was just too much to stay excited. Sold my Porsche 981 and should be in my fully loaded BMW Z4 M40i within the next 3 months. Surely not the same as the Eimra, in fact totally different car, but will do for the next couple of years before looking at something else.
Just not sure my custom License plate "L*EMIRA" will fit the BMW, will probably fit it to our Tesla instead![]()
Or EarthMotorsports just gained another car to sell with ADMSounds like I just moved up the queue at EarthMotorsports![]()
Wouldn’t that create inventory on hand while others were still waiting? The cat would be out of the bag at that point.Or EarthMotorsports just gained another car to sell with ADM![]()
Possibly, but I've heard that other dealerships are planning to add ADM to cancelled cars based on their expectation that there will be sufficient "I want it now" demand to justify it.Wouldn’t that create inventory on hand while others were still waiting? The cat would be out of the bag at that point.