• We are conducting our first ever Lotus Emira of the Month for May 2024. This will be a monthly contest and will be submissions from users, voted for by the membership. Please take a moment to check out thread here: 🏆 May 2024 - Emira of the Month starts now! (You can dismiss this message by clicking the X in the top right hand corner of this notice.)

If Not The EMIRA .......... WHAT ? .... yes ok blasphemy perhaps

DrNio13

Reaction score
slightly used BMW M850i Coupe with factory guarantee caught my eye...
the only bad thing it's "just" a BMW :D - no offence to the BMW car owners.
530hp though and quite practical car overall.
any opinions?

digilotus

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
slightly used BMW M850i Coupe with factory guarantee caught my eye...
the only bad thing it's "just" a BMW :D - no offence to the BMW car owners.
530hp though and quite practical car overall.
any opinions?
Lovely but very big. Be prepared for a correspondingly big depreciation.

DrNio13

Reaction score
Lovely but very big. Be prepared for a correspondingly big depreciation.
true. as an example, from the catalog price in 2019 it's already pretty much already -50% off, for cars with 11K-30K km and with some factory guarantee left.
definitely very big and not to be compared with the Emira.
for me the Emira it's mainly comparable with variations of the Porsche Cayman.

boozyjay

Reaction score
If I hadn't got an Emira on order then I'd buy a Boxster 718 GTS 4.0, which I was going to do last year until I saw the Emira launch.

Fyuen1

Reaction score
I'm pretty close myself on canceling my spot and just putting a deposit on 911 base or C4 base. Wife would be happy and I don't ever need to hear that she would like to own a porsche one day.
are you concern on the car theft/hijacking in Toronto recently? My wife has kept saying not to buy the Emira because of the supercar look....

Wolfram

Emira Fan
Reaction score
are you concern on the car theft/hijacking in Toronto recently? My wife has kept saying not to buy the Emira because of the supercar look....
There is something a bit naff about everyone thinking they're getting a supercar at a fraction of the price just because of the way it looks. It's not even on the pace of a 22 year old Ferrari 360, which hits 60 in 3.7s.

jmn444

Emira Fan
Reaction score
There is something a bit naff about everyone thinking they're getting a supercar at a fraction of the price just because of the way it looks. It's not even on the pace of a 22 year old Ferrari 360, which hits 60 in 3.7s.
which model did that? considering they weigh about the same and have less power and torque than the emira from what I can see.... so find that hard to believe.

the challenge cars that weigh 500 lbs less are listed at 3.9 seconds

I know very little about the ferrari variants though, so very well could be wrong!

SlavaUkraini

Emira Fan
Reaction score
which model did that? considering they weigh about the same and have less power and torque than the emira from what I can see.... so find that hard to believe.

the challenge cars that weigh 500 lbs less are listed at 3.9 seconds

I know very little about the ferrari variants though, so very well could be wrong!
I believe the F430 does 3.7, not the 360, but I may be mistaken.

Schumacher

Reaction score
I am just going to keep driving my Audi Q7. I don't really need a sports car. I don't even commute.

Zardoz

Emira Fan
Reaction score
I will start off by saying whatever car this was going to be was a weekend car not a DD. I previously owned a 1997 Porsche 993 for 10 years. I had hoped to get into a 993 turbo or C4/C2 S or possibly a nice 964. Modern 911's or Boxster/Caymans don't appeal to me. HP was not a huge concern, I was really looking for a nice analog driving experience. From the time I started looking in earnest, the price of the air cooled 911's exploded to a level that I could not believe. 993 Turbos go north of 200K, 993S go to $150K, and a 90K mile 964 trades from 75 to 100K depending on condition. These cars are not particularly rare, I think the future value is just not there.. All the P-cars would probably have needs based on age & mileage. So started looking elsewhere. I researched the Emira & It was just what I was looking for: Hydraulic steering, 6 spd, 400 hp to boot. Not a huge fan of screens & digital gauges, but I can live with it. Having a warranty is a huge plus & the dealer is 15 minutes from my house. So, I am patiently waiting & hoping that it will be a great drive.

Pugwash

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
My Evija build has just been completed. Took me all afternoon. That will keep me going for the time being.

Attachments

• 8ED0A01E-E98A-47F6-8CD6-7EFA36E49508.jpeg
    8ED0A01E-E98A-47F6-8CD6-7EFA36E49508.jpeg
    212.2 KB · Views: 65

BeHappy

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
I’ve been without a car now for 11 months now, I don’t need one it’s simply for w/e enjoyment hence don’t want to spend an arm and leg. If when I test drive Emira it doesn’t give me £80k worth of a massive smile on my face and meet my high expectations I am thinking of getting something between £50 - £70k so will then be test driving Elise / Evora / Exige and Alpine 110