• We are conducting our first ever Lotus Emira of the Month for May 2024. This will be a monthly contest and will be submissions from users, voted for by the membership. Please take a moment to check out thread here: 🏆 May 2024 - Emira of the Month starts now! (You can dismiss this message by clicking the X in the top right hand corner of this notice.)

If Not The EMIRA .......... WHAT ? .... yes ok blasphemy perhaps

andrew6382

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
So, Ok…. We are all waiting and hoping we will get or cars,

lots of hope for sometime before Christmas 2022, some lucky people have a delivery date, and I am sure counting the days.

But between some of us getting a date, there are a lot of variables that could change. The car price could go up, interest rates I am sure, will go up,

The cost of living has and is going to continue on an upward trend….

All of this for some people meaning the car could become hard for them to afford or even run, Insurances seem to go up, no matter how well you drive or how many years NCD

So, if not the EMIRA what….

I have been looking…. Porsche Cayman GTS 4.0L…. E53 Merc, Jag….?

None of them look as good, when driving them they all seem soul less….

The last car I drove that made me smile every time driving it was my Maserati Gran T…. but even the face lift ones are dated, they stopped making the car 3 years ago

Options Please !!!!!!

Tonyshepp

Emira Maniac
Reaction score
Aston Martin Vanquish on a 2015 with revised gearbox. They were around 85k two years back, bit more now or Aston DB9 GT.

Leonard

Emira Aficionado
Reaction score
This is defo me at the moment 🤣
Maybe breaking up with the missus and if I do it literally leaves an Emira sized hole in my finances......
Currently doing a resto on my 22 years owned Corrado VR6, so could just have that and keep the GR Yaris. Or as a half way house... I'd quite happily have another manual 981 Boxster. Lovely handling, roof down motoring and the 3.4 sounds incredible. Nice GTS available for about 42k at the moment. All the car you could ever need to be honest!
20220124_132558.jpg

Listen to the noise.... (amazing driving roads on Mallorca if you haven't been, recommended)

OP
andrew6382

andrew6382

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
This is defo me at the moment 🤣
Maybe breaking up with the missus and if I do it literally leaves an Emira sized hole in my finances......
Currently doing a resto on my 22 years owned Corrado VR6, so could just have that and keep the GR Yaris. Or as a half way house... I'd quite happily have another manual 981 Boxster. Lovely handling, roof down motoring and the 3.4 sounds incredible. Nice GTS available for about 42k at the moment. All the car you could ever need to be honest!
View attachment 3163
Listen to the noise.... (amazing driving roads on Mallorca if you haven't been, recommended)
Corrado VR6 ....Nice car :) think they could be a good bet to go up in value

Sorry life is not being to good to you..... :) hope it picks up soon.... Perhaps dont help much... but got marrid 2 moths down road, she in hotel with another man.........me homelss for 5 months as i gave my place up to move in with her...... Few years on..... now have new partner.... happeir than i ever have been.... the sun does come up again

Leonard

Emira Aficionado
Reaction score
Corrado VR6 ....Nice car :) think they could be a good bet to go up in value

Sorry life is not being to good to you..... :) hope it picks up soon.... Perhaps dont help much... but got marrid 2 moths down road, she in hotel with another man.........me homelss for 5 months as i gave my place up to move in with her...... Few years on..... now have new partner.... happeir than i ever have been.... the sun does come up again
Cheers mate appreciate that and puts my current situation into perspective! 😯 Really pleased to hear that it worked out well for you in the end 🥰
It is crazy how life can change so quickly for you. I love the Emira but if its the Emira or the house 🏠 I'm going to choose the house.
🤔 💭
Emira + Caravan...

OP
andrew6382

andrew6382

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
Cheers mate appreciate that and puts my current situation into perspective! 😯 Really pleased to hear that it worked out well for you in the end 🥰
It is crazy how life can change so quickly for you. I love the Emira but if its the Emira or the house 🏠 I'm going to choose the house.
🤔 💭
Emira + Caravan...
You are welcome..... if it helps a little, may sound od......... but gives a little reason to what I dealt with

Think keeping the house will be the best move.... If the car was a little bigger i would say car and sleeping bag :ROFLMAO: does get a little cold later in the year.... Now caravan erm.... do they do a tow bar for the emira.... Motorhome and tow the EMIRA :)

Keep the house... you can then refocus....

Autopsy

Emira Fan
Reaction score
I would have bought a second hand gt3 if Emira never exists. However gt3 prices have gone crazy in the two years I have been looking and getting more and more unreasonable.

TomE

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
If the Emira didn't exist I might have traded the Evora for a more recent one - GT410 or GT430 - and keep that forever alongside the Exige. But then I might have kept my current Evora, as I seem to like the Series 1 of everything more than later iterations!

Alternative would be something like a McLaren 12C but prices have risen sharply since last year when I was actively looking.

Wolfram

Emira Fan
Reaction score
For me, I decided to keep my Porsche 911 (991.2 C4S). It weighs the same as the Emira but has more power and a lot more torque. It drives fantastically, and the drive modes mean I don't have to choose between touring and sport suspension and be stuck with it. 4WD means it's fully usable all year round (it's my daily driver - and I average about 31mpg), the rear seats have been pressed into service for kids. The cabin (mine has the glass panoramic sunroof) is a really nice place to be - vastly better than the Emira.

I did buy an Elise instead of the Emira, which is now my track-focused car. I just don't think the Emira does what the 911 or the Elise do so well; it's kind of in the middle. I also like the looks of the Elise better - it's Lotus through and through, rather than being somewhat a copy of an Italian supercar.

OP
andrew6382

andrew6382

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
If the Emira didn't exist I might have traded the Evora for a more recent one - GT410 or GT430 - and keep that forever alongside the Exige. But then I might have kept my current Evora, as I seem to like the Series 1 of everything more than later iterations!

Alternative would be something like a McLaren 12C but prices have risen sharply since last year when I was actively looking.
Yes 12c have moved up sharply.... +10K at least, I lost out on one :) is one on AutoTrader... 65K few miles on it, but thorney say that not an issue ... they do end to end waranty £2.800 incluesive inspection... with service and waranty you easily looking at may £3,500 -£4,500 running cost.... If the EMIRA dont work out.... think its the way to go.... the drive... is just :)

aEdMIRA

Reaction score
I am struggling so much with the actual configuration of the Emira, familiarity is breeding contempt! Do I want sexy and luxurious, do I want hardcore and sporty, do I want shocking or safe? To be honest, I think Lotus will honour orders/prices/interest rates for the FEs, not sure about the normal runs though.

I am sick of looking at it. It looks prettier without the full black pack, but also looks fatter. Without the black pack the rear engine vents stick out. I wish they had left the side rails and vents body colour with the full black pack.

Aaaaaargh. Why am I writing this! You are not interested. You have your own problems to deal with. God I hate myself!

PaulP

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Many of you shopping up if not Emira, I’m shopping down. For me it’s a BMW z4 m240i for a roadster experience or maybe the new M2 when released.

Honestly if BMW had any decent colors for the z4 I would have ordered probably.

freefall_junkie

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
The alternative isn't really another car for me. I've probably blown an Emira's worth of money on skydiving in the last 10 years, so my man-maths tells me that taking a break from that habit makes the Emira a sort of free gift to myself :)

Tonyshepp

Emira Maniac
Reaction score
🤔 💭
Emira + Caravan...
You are welcome..... if it helps a little, may sound od......... but gives a little reason to what I dealt with

Think keeping the house will be the best move.... If the car was a little bigger i would say car and sleeping bag :ROFLMAO: does get a little cold later in the year.... Now caravan erm.... do they do a tow bar for the emira.... Motorhome and tow the EMIRA :)

Keep the house... you can then refocus....
Definitely keep the house and if you can get an Emira on finance. I can sympathise with your situation.

Tonyshepp

Emira Maniac
Reaction score
Many of you shopping up if not Emira, I’m shopping down. For me it’s a BMW z4 m240i for a roadster experience or maybe the new M2 when released.

Honestly if BMW had any decent colors for the z4 I would have ordered probably.
The new Z4 looks good in my eyes I was tempted a few years back on the M40i but now prices used have risen dramatically, like all cars. I just think the Emira looks prettier but is more expensive than the Z4.

Sir Donald Trump

Reaction score
So, Ok…. We are all waiting and hoping we will get or cars,

lots of hope for sometime before Christmas 2022, some lucky people have a delivery date, and I am sure counting the days.

But between some of us getting a date, there are a lot of variables that could change. The car price could go up, interest rates I am sure, will go up,

The cost of living has and is going to continue on an upward trend….

All of this for some people meaning the car could become hard for them to afford or even run, Insurances seem to go up, no matter how well you drive or how many years NCD

So, if not the EMIRA what….

I have been looking…. Porsche Cayman GTS 4.0L…. E53 Merc, Jag….?

None of them look as good, when driving them they all seem soul less….

The last car I drove that made me smile every time driving it was my Maserati Gran T…. but even the face lift ones are dated, they stopped making the car 3 years ago

Options Please !!!!!!
Christ Andrew, not only have you ordered the exact same V6FE in Seneca as myself, your last car was a Maserati GT, as was mine. I sold mine a few months ago as it was rising in value something Maseratis' never do.
Personally, i cant wait to get my first Lotus, undoubtedly one of the most stunning cars produced since the 458. However, im not sure it will have the sense of theatre and occasion as the Maser despite it being very dated. Italian cars are exotic beings, Lotus not so much.
Waiting to see what the 2022 Maser GT looks like later in the year. Possibly switch the Lotus for that, albeit i will wait at least a year post release due to depreciation. Problem with Masers are that typically they lose 97% of their value within 30 seconds of leaving the delaership.......

NickR

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Got to say that the Emira is the best looking car with decent handling (hopefully!) in it's price bracket so for me it is that or i change tack.
1) lower cost :: MX-5 2.0 new
2) save up a bit more :: 570s secondhand

Sir Donald Trump

Reaction score
Got to say that the Emira is the best looking car with decent handling (hopefully!) in it's price bracket so for me it is that or i change tack.
1) lower cost :: MX-5 2.0 new
2) save up a bit more :: 570s
i looked at 540 and 570. Well priced second hand but did a fair bit of research first which led me to steer clear. Repair costs are insane and with i think only 1 independant service co in the UK, who still need to order OEM parts from Mclaren it put me off. Even Main dealer warranties dont cover everything you would normally expect.
But if you have an appetite for risk or deep pockets, its a no brainer