• We are conducting our first ever Lotus Emira of the Month for May 2024. This will be a monthly contest and will be submissions from users, voted for by the membership. Please take a moment to check out thread here: 🏆 May 2024 - Emira of the Month starts now! (You can dismiss this message by clicking the X in the top right hand corner of this notice.)

If color changing with PPF post color

Green

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
I wanted DV but it turned out to dark for me. I settled with Nimbus but it does not really excite me. Since I’m installing PPF I have decided to do a color change. I know color Change is not as thick but it still offers protection. I have been obsessed with Porsche Irish green. It is my favorite color. I have found Avery dark green to be very similar. If you are wrapping your Emira post the actual film type and color. This is the Avery on a 911. I have ordered a Sample to wrap the die cast Emira I have.

Attachments

• IMG_0617.jpeg
    IMG_0617.jpeg
    69.3 KB · Views: 44

Emirahep

Emira Fan
Reaction score
I wanted DV but it turned out to dark for me. I settled with Nimbus but it does not really excite me. Since I’m installing PPF I have decided to do a color change. I know color Change is not as thick but it still offers protection. I have been obsessed with Porsche Irish green. It is my favorite color. I have found Avery dark green to be very similar. If you are wrapping your Emira post the actual film type and color. This is the Avery on a 911. I have ordered a Sample to wrap the die cast Emira I have.
Love that Porsche green. Big fan of green 911s. I have DV and it is sometimes v dark but a lot of time it’s not. I also quite like the chat with people saying “what colour is that ?” !

If you do change colour with a wrap be careful on insurance. Can increase premium and some insurers won’t actually cover what they consider to be a modified car. Worth checking up front before you commit on the wrap or which insurer.

Reactions: Fil
OP
Green

Green

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
Love that Porsche green. Big fan of green 911s. I have DV and it is sometimes v dark but a lot of time it’s not. I also quite like the chat with people saying “what colour is that ?” !

If you do change colour with a wrap be careful on insurance. Can increase premium and some insurers won’t actually cover what they consider to be a modified car. Worth checking up front before you commit on the wrap or which insurer.
Oh wow I never heard that. Why does a color wrap raise insurance? Thanks for the tip.

Emirahep

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Oh wow I never heard that. Why does a color wrap raise insurance? Thanks for the tip.
No idea. Doesn’t make rational sense. But we are talking the world of insurance here ! 🤷‍♂️