I4 Delivery Estimate w/ a Dec. 22 Order (USA)

2BIG2FAIL

Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
Hi All -

Have a deposit at Galpin in Los Angeles for an i4 Emira. I don't want to bother my sales dude given that I am not very pressed to get the car, but I was never actually given an estimate for rough delivery. I am assuming that this is because in all honesty, the dealer has no better idea than I, but I was wondering: do you all think it's incorrect to assume that the car will be delivered in Q4 2024 or Q1 2025? Perhaps faster? Again, I am not in a rush to get the car, more so curious. Anyone other data points with similar deposit dates? With an earlier deposit, has anyone received any preliminary idea of lead time?

denk0815

Reaction score
I'm afraid we can all just guess here.
I don't get any more info from my dealer, but when I ordered the i4 it was "q4 of this year" and then later it was always postponed by two quarters.

Personally I don't expect it to be delivered before q2 24.

Cutting42

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Hi All -

Have a deposit at Galpin in Los Angeles for an i4 Emira. I don't want to bother my sales dude given that I am not very pressed to get the car, but I was never actually given an estimate for rough delivery. I am assuming that this is because in all honesty, the dealer has no better idea than I, but I was wondering: do you all think it's incorrect to assume that the car will be delivered in Q4 2024 or Q1 2025? Perhaps faster? Again, I am not in a rush to get the car, more so curious. Anyone other data points with similar deposit dates? With an earlier deposit, has anyone received any preliminary idea of lead time?

Not in the US but my 8th July 2021 deposit for an i4 is currently estimated at an August 2023 delivery in the UK. I have heard one person got quoted July delivery. Not quite sure if that helps much.

Aero

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
I"d ask your dealer where you are in line and then based on their monthly allocations then can calculate how long its going to be. If you're 100 in line and they get 10 cars per month then you'll be waiting 10 months after they start delivering cars. (as an example)
That's the huge assumption that Lotus actually meets and delivers cars per the allocation. Adjust it for their I4 slots as needed.
For recent deposits, I think the standard answer has been 18-24 months (like 2 weeks joke by home contractors). Even if they were sold out for 5 years they would give the same answer.

Rainier

Reaction score
I'm in the same boat. Spring '22 I4 deposit (USA). Zero information on dates :).

I don't even know if I'm getting an FE. We guess I may get an FE as the I4 list (at last inquiry some months back) could be counted on the fingers of one hand; vs much longer V6 wait list.

Anyone know how many I4's are targeted for USA in '23?

JimH

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Not in the US but my 8th July 2021 deposit for an i4 is currently estimated at an August 2023 delivery in the UK. I have heard one person got quoted July delivery. Not quite sure if that helps much.
So was mine (UK also) but I asked CS a couple of days ago (as no proactive comms received since November when they were promised monthly) and was told it's now September build, October delivery - supposed to be UK i4 batch 1 - deposit was (Goodwood) Thursday 8th July 2021 as well...... :mad:

JimH

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
I'm in the same boat. Spring '22 I4 deposit (USA). Zero information on dates :).

I don't even know if I'm getting an FE. We guess I may get an FE as the I4 list (at last inquiry some months back) could be counted on the fingers of one hand; vs much longer V6 wait list.

Anyone know how many I4's are targeted for USA in '23?
None, based on the post above, I would imagine....