❔ QUESTION How to select next / previous track when listening to music

Andy H

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Hi all, I've played around wtih the steering controls and looked in the manual but I don't see a way to skip to next or previous track. I would have expected it to be close to the volume controls but the cursors there only seem to control the centre dash display options. I usually listen to Spotify with Apple Carplay and it's useful to skip tracks sometimes. Has anyone found an effective way to do this? Thx

Solution
Hi all, I've played around wtih the steering controls and looked in the manual but I don't see a way to skip to next or previous track. I would have expected it to be close to the volume controls but the cursors there only seem to control the centre dash display options. I usually listen to Spotify with Apple Carplay and it's useful to skip tracks sometimes. Has anyone found an effective way to do this? Thx
There are two ways I've found when using Android Auto:
  • Move the centre dash display down to the Media widget where you should see the current track information. When this is selected you can use left/right to change track on the right hand keypad (and pressing the centre should play/pause)
  • "Hey Google, next track"

PsymonR

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
There are two ways I've found when using Android Auto:
  • Move the centre dash display down to the Media widget where you should see the current track information. When this is selected you can use left/right to change track on the right hand keypad (and pressing the centre should play/pause)
  • "Hey Google, next track"

Solution
OP
Andy H

Andy H

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Thanks for these. Glad I'm not missing anything. I had been using your first suggestion but I think the voice command is the way to go. (y)

nelly111s

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
You can! I found that when when I hit the right directional pad (on the right hand side it switches the song). Was doing it all day today
But I think you have to have Media selected on the dash (as per post above) for this to work. If you have tyre pressure selected on the dash, you get something else entirely.