How to adjust rear bumper ?

Mine was like this too, with drivers side bumper and wing rear wing not aligned and sticking out about 5mm, it would push back in flush by hand but would eventually pop back out again. Dealership said it's just how they are and it can't be fixed. But then when I had my door replaced for blistering, the body shop fixed it and it is now perfectly flush (even though the bumper is not next to the door). So it is adjustable and fixable.
 
Have we reached a consensus on this? mine has it too: View attachment 68320
the the clips from Autozone. Hopefully it will work
The rear fender/bumper on my Emira are fairly well aligned, but I don't care for the play and creaking sound the panels make when rubbing against each other every time I lean on the rear quarter section. I'm not absolutely sure, but I believe there's an inner lip on both bumper and fender panels. That being the case, the next time I remove my rear wheels, I'll also remove the wheel well liner to check and try to secure them firmly with this U-clip (pictured) by placing it between both lips and tightening them together with 2 screws of the U-clip's outer holes. I'll revert to this thread with the result of my attempted fix when I get around to removing the wheels and liner. By the way, I ordered
the clips from AutoZone. Hopefully it will work

. IMG_2808.webp
 
the the clips from Autozone. Hopefully it will work
The rear fender/bumper on my Emira are fairly well aligned, but I don't care for the play and creaking sound the panels make when rubbing against each other every time I lean on the rear quarter section. I'm not absolutely sure, but I believe there's an inner lip on both bumper and fender panels. That being the case, the next time I remove my rear wheels, I'll also remove the wheel well liner to check and try to secure them firmly with this U-clip (pictured) by placing it between both lips and tightening them together with 2 screws of the U-clip's outer holes. I'll revert to this thread with the result of my attempted fix when I get around to removing the wheels and liner. By the way, I ordered
the clips from AutoZone. Hopefully it will work

. View attachment 79346
Pic or it didn't happen.
 
Interesting thread , how easy it to detach the gloss black surround from this bumper area?
 

Attachments

  • IMG_9216.webp
    IMG_9216.webp
    200 KB · Views: 110
Thanks . Trying to work out how to create a new post on here, looking for pictures of v6 with just rear bumper section removed
 
same with my 2023. One side is fine the other you can try and push in but it just resets back to sticking out a little bit. With the issue's i've had, it's least of my worries!
 
the the clips from Autozone. Hopefully it will work
The rear fender/bumper on my Emira are fairly well aligned, but I don't care for the play and creaking sound the panels make when rubbing against each other every time I lean on the rear quarter section. I'm not absolutely sure, but I believe there's an inner lip on both bumper and fender panels. That being the case, the next time I remove my rear wheels, I'll also remove the wheel well liner to check and try to secure them firmly with this U-clip (pictured) by placing it between both lips and tightening them together with 2 screws of the U-clip's outer holes. I'll revert to this thread with the result of my attempted fix when I get around to removing the wheels and liner. By the way, I ordered
the clips from AutoZone. Hopefully it will work

. View attachment 79346
Hi again Folks,

I got around doing this today. When I removed the rear wheels and liners, unfortunately I found that there is a lip in the top edge of the bumper but none on the fender's side (pointing to it on pic 1 ). Needless to say, my initial idea of joining them together with a U-clip couldn't work. I also found that the shown hex screw in Pic 1 which is meant to help secure the bumper's seam edge to the black block, even when tightened, still allowed a good amount of slack play (this is why I was getting a squeaking noise when I pressed on the bumper).

What I did instead, was that I aligned the bumper and fender, drove a small hole between the black block and the top bumper lip and placed a screw to secure them together as shown in pic2. I also placed a small piece of foam tape between the black block and the fender. I'm happy with the outcome as now, the 2 panels are perfectly aligned (Pic 3), and the bumper edge seam feels more firmly in place. Hope someone finds this helpful.


tempImageNeP5cQ.webptempImageRuvVDX.webptempImageM5KA0e.webp
 
Last edited:
I asked a body shop to see if they can fix mine. They just used Toyota’s TSA fix “shim it with pads since there’s play”
 
I went to the dealership for this bumper issue. They said that the shims installed outward too much. There are pictures before and after.
You_Doodle_2026-07-21T17_04_44Z.webp
 

Attachments

  • IMG_6523.webp
    IMG_6523.webp
    83.7 KB · Views: 21
  • IMG_6524.webp
    IMG_6524.webp
    53.9 KB · Views: 25

Create an account or login to comment

Join now to leave a comment enjoy browsing the site ad-free!

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Supporting Vendors View all →
Back
Top