• We are conducting our first ever Lotus Emira of the Month for May 2024. This will be a monthly contest and will be submissions from users, voted for by the membership. Please take a moment to check out thread here: 🏆 May 2024 - Emira of the Month starts now! (You can dismiss this message by clicking the X in the top right hand corner of this notice.)

❓ QUESTION How much will the i4 actually weigh?

Coilover

Reaction score
I have seen so many figures banded around as to the weight of the 4 cylinder model, most posted years ago without any concrete sources.
It's very tricky to discover exactly what they were weighing and under what circumstances.
Some manufacturer vehicle weights are 'wet weight', some 'dry weight' and some even include a nominal load for a driver and a piece of luggage(!) so it is difficult to compare like for like.

No one can/will give me a qualified answer as to the actual wet weight of an Emira.

Does anyone on here know?

OP
C

Coilover

Reaction score
I’m aware that not even the press have them yet. I was more enquiring whether anyone had any concrete information from Lotus because at the FoS on Thursday they seemed a bit ‘vague’ to say the least.

TomE

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
I’ve had no further info since I was told the unoptioned Base i4 was 53kg lighter than the fully loaded First Edition V6, which was over a year ago. I believe Lotus usually publish EU DIN weights.

Speedluvver

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
I am sure I saw something on the Lotus press release that said it was 12KG lighter.... in fact I did...

The introduction of the four-cylinder engine to the Emira range created the opportunity for Lotus to introduce a new, lightweight cast aluminium rear subframe to optimise the packaging of the powerplant within the chassis structure. It’s in place of the steel assembly used on the Emira V6 and contributes to a total weight saving of 12kg. The subframe also houses the new rear suspension.

Speedluvver

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Agreed.. the COG will be lower on the i4.. but I think a normal driver wouldn't notice that much

Tokion

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
I’ve had no further info since I was told the unoptioned Base i4 was 53kg lighter than the fully loaded First Edition V6, which was over a year ago. I believe Lotus usually publish EU DIN weights.
In order to compare apples to apples, and oranges to oranges; we will need to know the genuine weight of base model Emira (I4) and base model Emira V6, as well as Emira FE (I4) and Emira V6 FE.

I have a feeling that all the numbers have not yet been quoted and put together in an easy to read table⁉️

TomE

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
That’s right, my figures aren’t apples to apples and originated from info on the lightest and heaviest versions. The max weight difference is similar to a tank of fuel or a petite passenger. Most people won’t notice it.

Tokion

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
That’s right, my figures aren’t apples to apples and originated from info on the lightest and heaviest versions. The max weight difference is similar to a tank of fuel or a petite passenger. Most people won’t notice it.
Haven’t Lotus yet announced all of the 4 figures that I mentioned? Maybe official figures for the “base models” are lacking?

Eagle7

Emira Aficionado
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
I am sure I saw something on the Lotus press release that said it was 12KG lighter.... in fact I did...

The introduction of the four-cylinder engine to the Emira range created the opportunity for Lotus to introduce a new, lightweight cast aluminium rear subframe to optimise the packaging of the powerplant within the chassis structure. It’s in place of the steel assembly used on the Emira V6 and contributes to a total weight saving of 12kg. The subframe also houses the new rear suspension.
I believe that weight saving of 12kg was referring to the difference between the steel subframe assembly the V6 uses, and the aluminum subframe the i4 uses.

TomE

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
Haven’t Lotus yet announced all of the 4 figures that I mentioned? Maybe official figures for the “base models” are lacking?
That’s right, no official Base Edition figures yet. Not expecting them until Q1 next year, along with other confirmed specs and options pricing.