How many crossed shopped the GT4?

Leonard

Emira Aficionado
Reaction score
I didn't cross shop at all.

The Emira was the closest thing to my M2 Competition - similar size if not smaller, which I like, similar power, 6MT available, amazing exterior/interior design, etc.

I have never liked the Boxster/Cayman - taste is subjective, but it's a really ugly car to me. Drove a few of them before and it also really didn't wow me; even during full WOT, the engine/exhaust sounds terrible.
Really? How is this ugly you heathen 😘😅
I also thought it was one of the best sounding 6 cylinders going

FB_IMG_1533276474356.jpg

emiraspain

Emira Addict
Reaction score
Must be region specific. I have no issue with ordering whatever Porsche model I would want (eg GT4RS) in Australia and I’ve never bought or owned one before.
yes..it varies from place to place, but if I am not mistaken, so does the price and in your country, the price is pretty high, hence demand far less than in the UK where the GT3 is for example probably as cheap as almost any other part of the world, where they actually pay a value added tax..... far far cheaper in UK than most of EU for example. And in the US, prices are always quoted before taxes, in UK, always after taxes...
I could not get a GT3 in the UK, but could get one in Spain... also about 60% more expensive though.. hence desire less strong

Cwolf

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Yes, I considered the GT4. I have had two 911's. The GT4's tall gearing was a deal killer. What good is a manual if you can't really use it?

digilotus

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Yes, I considered the GT4. I have had two 911's. The GT4's tall gearing was a deal killer. What good is a manual if you can't really use it?
Agree. It’s passable, but the tall gearing of the GT4 manual takes a lot of the enjoyment out of it.

Around town its basically a 2 speed manual with 4 overdrive gears LoL 😂

I’m glad that the Emira has more sensible (almost perfect) gearing.

emiraspain

Emira Addict
Reaction score
yes... it would be like an automatic with two gears.. haha

ksegg

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Really? How is this ugly you heathen 😘😅
I also thought it was one of the best sounding 6 cylinders going

View attachment 8649
Haha, just my preference. Cut to the 3/4th rear view and it's mehhhh. The rear of the car was always its weakness. It's NOT a 550 Spyder so I still don't know why Porsche tried to take rear cues from it.

I mean to each their own; the last time I drove a 718, there wasn't any drama to it. No cracks, pops, brapapapapapapapapa sounds followed with a kick in the pants speed.

The 718 is a surgeon's scapel, and what I was shopping for instead, was a chainsaw.

That was the biggest reason I went with an M2 Comp. Dynamically it's not as precise as a 718, but an M2 Comp is so much fun to drive.

I think generally, that's the kind of cars I like. Not perfect in any way, but just puts a HUGE smile on my face when I drive it. I imagine that's how the Emira will be.

I think that's also why I love Ferrari's more than Porsche's. Ferrari's are pretty flawed, but man alive.......they're a sight to behold and the engine/exhaust sounds are SUBLIME. Just wish I could afford an F8 Spyder!

Leonard

Emira Aficionado
Reaction score
Haha, just my preference. Cut to the 3/4th rear view and it's mehhhh. The rear of the car was always its weakness. It's NOT a 550 Spyder so I still don't know why Porsche tried to take rear cues from it.

I mean to each their own; the last time I drove a 718, there wasn't any drama to it. No cracks, pops, brapapapapapapapapa sounds followed with a kick in the pants speed.

The 718 is a surgeon's scapel, and what I was shopping for instead, was a chainsaw.

That was the biggest reason I went with an M2 Comp. Dynamically it's not as precise as a 718, but an M2 Comp is so much fun to drive.
That is true. 981 is the sweet spot for road use definitely and sounds so much better.
You only need the extra precision of the 718 if using on track really.

~el~jefe~

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
981 S is cool in manual. If cheap. None are though. Wait 3 years and get one with 70k miles, then sorta cheap.

I would take a 718 S in manual though any day. It is so much more powerful and it has more notable grip and stability in every way.

Climber

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
I think it beautiful like mine! Can’t wait to see it next to my Magma Red Emira 😊

eriegz

Emira Maniac
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
Personal preference - I still don't find this view attractive. *shrugs*

View attachment 8786
I'm with you in that none of the Cayman variants really do much for me. However, the following photo came across my feed randomly yesterday, and I loved the colour (PTS Gulf Blue) in combination with the silver wheels:

SmartSelect_20220910-193705_Reddit.jpg

Pops68

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
I did cross shop the GT4 with the Emira, but it only took a few phone calls to make my decision easy on the Lotus.
When I called the Porsche dealerships and expressed interest in a GT4 both salesman said to me that in order "to qualify" for a GT car allocation you had to have owned many Porsches in the past, and the woman was very, snobby snooty about this.
I told her I owned a Boxster for 10 years and she said that really doesn't help my case.
As soon as I heard the words "qualify for" I was immediately turned off, I just want to buy a new car, so the Lotus wins hands down for accessibility.
Another thing that turned me off the GT4 was its extremely tall gearing, hitting 84 kms in first gear and 137 kms in second gear.
I plan on getting the manual Emira in order to row my own gears.
With the GT4 gearing I would hardly get out of second gear, without severely breaking the law, and risking losing my drivers license.
I'm just hoping the gearing in the Emira is shorter for more fun.
Does anyone have an idea on the gearing in the Emira manual car??
My EXACT beef with Porsche!! I can't believe that someone willing to hand over $140k for a car can be treated with such aloofness. Screw them. And why get a stick if you never get out of 2nd-3rd on the twisties?? That's no fun. Might as well wait for one o those electric cars. Fast but not furious...:)