How hard is it going to be to get parts? Especially outside of the UK...

VL3X

Staff member
Reaction score
I've been thinking about those random unplanned car part expenses... like a blown tire or cracked windshield. I'm assuming my local tireshop isn't going to have any bespoke Goodyear F1s in my size and the local auto glass shop isn't going to have a windshield for an Emira (or likely any Lotus).

So, current US Lotus owners.. How difficult is it to get parts from across the pond? How have you handled these things? I'd hate to plan a track day and then miss out due to a cracked windshield that I've been unable to replace for 6 months (or longer).

Climber

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Shit….. Haven’t thought about that! I have been in a fog of anticipation, dreaming of the day that I will drive down the road enjoying the drive…..
flash ran over a nail and I have to wait 12 months for the bespoke tire😱

3MIRA

Emira Fan
Reaction score
I asked Scott at Lotus about the availability of tyres internationally, he said that the local dealers will be sourcing the bespoke LTS side walled beauties. I am getting a set of gold rims to wear Goodyear's and leaving the cup 2s on the black wheels I have ordered. Depending on the lead time to obtain new tyres I might invest in spare rubber as well.

JimH

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
This launched recently, and should help too, once they get Emira parts on....

jmn444

Emira Fan
Reaction score
while I'm sure the bespoke tires will be good, there are other options in the size, so you won't have to wait for the lotus specific tires if you don't want to. ps4s and supercar3 would be excellent options and readilly available.

glass and other emira specific parts though I have no idea.

digilotus

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Local dealer here stocks a few spare windscreens, tyres and key body panels. You would be surprised how many screens are changed per year. The larger dealers are highly likely to have consumables (like tyres) and frequently replaced parts. They have decent margins on these so its good for business.

Last edited:

TXEMIRA

Emira Maniac
Reaction score
I’ll be begging my dealer to take my money. Basically looking for another set of wheels straight away along with any other interior pieces they’ll have. Like toilet paper at the start of covid, I just want to stock up.

#ForTheFiero

Pegasi

Emira Maniac
Reaction score
I asked Scott at Lotus about the availability of tyres internationally, he said that the local dealers will be sourcing the bespoke LTS side walled beauties. I am getting a set of gold rims to wear Goodyear's and leaving the cup 2s on the black wheels I have ordered. Depending on the lead time to obtain new tyres I might invest in spare rubber as well.

You are the first person I have seen mention gold wheels. I too want gold on either my track setup or my weekend setup. Haven't decided yet. What color is your Emira?

Bilbao-Emira

Emira Maniac
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
I’ll be begging my dealer to take my money. Basically looking for another set of wheels straight away along with any other interior pieces they’ll have. Like toilet paper at the start of covid, I just want to stock up.

#ForTheFiero
me too, I ordered a few cases of Bollinger for the back fridge. Cupholders are standard !

OP
VL3X

VL3X

Staff member
Reaction score
Local dealer here stocks a few spare windscreens, tyres and key body panels. You would be surprised how many screens are changed per year. The larger dealers are highly likely to have consumables (like tyres) and frequently replaced parts. They have decent margins on these so its good for business.
I wonder if the local glass shops would source a windshield from the dealer or if I'd have to drive (or tow) my Emira to the dealer to have the windshield replaced if it ever broke. That'd be 8 hours of driving for me, assuming I'd need to leave it over night and come back another day. Not fun.

Wolfram

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Well I need a new cat for my Elise. Lotus do not have any, can't say when they will, and if they did it would be £1,100 - just for the part!

OP
VL3X

VL3X

Staff member
Reaction score
Well I need a new cat for my Elise. Lotus do not have any, can't say when they will, and if they did it would be £1,100 - just for the part!

Sounds like a good reason to do a cat delete!

Can't be too hard to weld one in right? Doesn't have to be OEM... or is the manifold really unique and unable to fit a small universal cat?