• We are conducting our first ever Lotus Emira of the Month for May 2024. This will be a monthly contest and will be submissions from users, voted for by the membership. Please take a moment to check out thread here: 🏆 May 2024 - Emira of the Month starts now! (You can dismiss this message by clicking the X in the top right hand corner of this notice.)

Hill start delayed release - now resolved by software update

DMc

Reaction score
I have a issue with the hill start .I have a four second delay before releasing after releasing the foot brake on a hill.meaning you have to slip the clutch prior to release to pull away or count the seconds and release the clutch at the perfect time. car went to dealership and been told no difference between and other emira and no fix available.do other owners have this issue? Or is it possible to disable this hill start feature.
If it's electric, pushing the accellerator also releases the park brake auto-hold just like auto transmission cars with hill hold assist. It should be intuitive: If it isn't, htf do ppl start the engine, depress the clutch pedal, drop 'er in all her 1st gear, and drive away from the dealership?

*Wombat - eats roots and leaves.

To avoid engine stall when you release the clutch, simply press on. Accelerate as per driving with a traditional manual transmission. ie. Take Off.

Take off as if leaving the dealer showroom might be an entirely ordinary affair. But after accomplishing that how is climbing the roadside crossover grade, once traffic has passed, an ungodly mind boggle?

OP
dave355

dave355

Reaction score
Any one had this issue fixed yet.

rich64

Reaction score
I took my car in for the A/C not working. Had not used the A/C for the first six months of ownership.
Updated the local service centre of the parking brake issue being still there. Collected car and both problems were resolved.
This was over a month ago and the Hillstart issue has not been seen anymore. Actually the car is fault free, really enjoying the drives...