• The June 2024 Lotus Emira of the Month contest is underway! Please take a moment to check out thread here: 🏆 June 2024 - Emira of the Month starts now! (You can dismiss this message by clicking the X in the top right hand corner of this notice.)

Highway "Cruising" - Consensus Feedback

How's your car drive on the highway?

• Drama free cruising - no steering wheel shaking/eats up miles

Votes: 6 25.0%
  • I feel the road surface and feed back but nothing wild

Votes: 20 83.3%
  • I expierence the "shutter" of the steering over bumps and really need to "muscle it"

Votes: 1 4.2%

• Total voters
What you're feeling is called tramlining, and because the lotus is light and quick steering, its pretty noticeable.
I read that wider tires are more sensitive to that condition.
Ask your doctor if Tramlining is right for you. Various side effects may occur, including 'feeling lightness' and the tendency to engage in social media posts often with sympathetically aligned individuals with similar afflictions. Stop Tramlining immediately if allergic to its occurrence.

are you finished with your tramlining? may I have the rest? 😁

Reactions: ADC
Having just crossed the 200 miles mark yesterday, I was out on the freeway for the first time. Car handled it like a champ, although I noticed the grooved concrete is really noisy to drive on. Most of the road noise seems to be coming through the tires in the back (which makes sense due to their width). It seemed twice as loud as the front tires. I think I'll take a look at what's either on or behind the wheel well liners to see if some noise dampening material can be applied to the backs which might help.

Pickup trucks and SUV"s have gotten so big now. You don't notice it as much on city streets, but on the freeway when you're surrounded by them they just tower over you. I actually moved over to the slow lane just to keep out of the churn. They're all over in the fast lanes driving like maniacs.

I also noticed that the tire pressures (at least according to the gauge on the dash) gain 4 psi when the tires heat up. I checked them all cold by hand to make sure they were at the factory recommended settings, 29 front, 32 rear. Once the tires warmed up the dash readout said 33 front and 36 rear. This is with outside temps in the low 80's. That would have an effect on tire sensitivity to road surface conditions. For those having issues with too much sensitivity to road surfaces, check your tire pressures.