Hello - moving from an Alpine

jimbobc

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Hello,

I’ve been lurking for months and thought I would finally say hi!

I put a deposit down on 7th July last year and decided to wait for an I4 FE probably in magma red. Originally I thought alcantara but reading the forum perhaps leather is safer!

I currently have a 5k mile A110 Premiere edition which I have owned since new. I am still not totally sold on moving and will probably order and then test drive and make the final decision.

I’ve loved the A110 and want to be 100% sure . Also the low mileage I do means it is a bit of extravagance! The A110 has also been completely depreciation proof which is rare.

Look forward to contributing.

James

TomE

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
Welcome! The Alpine is a great car and very similar philosophy to Lotus in terms of light weight and ride & handling setup. It’s a shame it’s not available as a manual.

It sounds like you’re right to wait for a test drive but I don’t think you’ll be disappointed. Lotus depreciation has been good and on the Emira I think high demand plus limited production will mean the prices hold up well.

eclat2emira

Emira Maniac
Reaction score
Hi James, I first saw the A110 in the flesh at the Bo'ness revival hillclimb meet 4 years ago - I was absolutely smitten, gorgeous inside and out!

Then the Emira came along...

You'll be one of a select few to have sampled both - if you pull the trigger on the Emira, you probably can't go wrong whatever you decide to do.

NickEmira

Reaction score
I’ve come from an Alpine myself…..fantastic car but I must admit that I am looking forward to the Emira more!

LotusAmateur

Reaction score
Similar story here. Have one of the early A110 Legendes and just completed 3 years and at almost 10k miles. Just had it refurbed (PPF, wheels) to new. Love my Alpine - driving winding road in the countryside is a dream, even in the recent storm :)

I intend to keep my A110 and decided to go with the V6 manual Emira for a (slightly) different experience. But will make up my mind after the journo reviews and (hopefully) driving the Emira. If I go ahead, should get delivery in June - then, I will have the choice of two sublime drives :) ... something to look forward to!

eclat2emira

Emira Maniac
Reaction score
Similar story here. Have one of the early A110 Legendes and just completed 3 years and at almost 10k miles. Just had it refurbed (PPF, wheels) to new. Love my Alpine - driving winding road in the countryside is a dream, even in the recent storm :)

I intend to keep my A110 and decided to go with the V6 manual Emira for a (slightly) different experience. But will make up my mind after the journo reviews and (hopefully) driving the Emira. If I go ahead, should get delivery in June - then, I will have the choice of two sublime drives :) ... something to look forward to!
Lucky man! (or lady - shouldn't presume! :ROFLMAO: ) Amazing how many A110 owners are going for the Emira - instead of or as well as their A110s. I wonder if that means the A110 was delivering something that was missing from the Lotus range and experience before the Emira?

LotusAmateur

Reaction score
@eclat2emira - man it is :)

I think the A110 gave the Lotus philosophy in a more accessible package. Better finish interiors and comforts, though there have been some criticisms. Most importantly - as my first performance car, it never felt intimidating and allowed me to keep it as relaxed or hard-core as I wanted. And always puts a smile on my face.

Hopefully, the Emira will be a step up. Looking forward!

eclat2emira

Emira Maniac
Reaction score
@eclat2emira - man it is :)

I think the A110 gave the Lotus philosophy in a more accessible package. Better finish interiors and comforts, though there have been some criticisms. Most importantly - as my first performance car, it never felt intimidating and allowed me to keep it as relaxed or hard-core as I wanted. And always puts a smile on my face.

Hopefully, the Emira will be a step up. Looking forward!
So now it's Lotus giving us the Lotus philosophy in a more accessible package - that sounds spot on!

daveparky84

Reaction score
Hello,

I’ve been lurking for months and thought I would finally say hi!

I put a deposit down on 7th July last year and decided to wait for an I4 FE probably in magma red. Originally I thought alcantara but reading the forum perhaps leather is safer!

I currently have a 5k mile A110 Premiere edition which I have owned since new. I am still not totally sold on moving and will probably order and then test drive and make the final decision.

I’ve loved the A110 and want to be 100% sure . Also the low mileage I do means it is a bit of extravagance! The A110 has also been completely depreciation proof which is rare.

Look forward to contributing.

James

My Father has the A110, I've been lucky enough to drive it several times and its so much fun. The lightness through the wheel is truly addictive, the power is perfect for the road as you can really hammer it through the hills and do it with great confidence. Keeps up with much "faster" cars when we take it on club runs. We've had many a discussion about parking my new Emira alongside his Alpine in his garage (as I don't have a spot for it anyway) ... properly exciting ... They will be a great pair together. Growing up I never even thought I'd be able to have a car like the Emira so its all becoming a very real pinching myself moment leading up to the delivery. - In summary keep both haha ;)

DJW

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Also owned one of the first PE’s when they came out. Wonderful car to drive and always said at the time it would be my perfect car if it had Lotus looks.

OP
J

jimbobc

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Great to read so many are in the same boat and it does reassure me. Alpine is a strange car in that my previous F-Type looked more visually stunning but IMO the Alpine has real presence in person that pictures don't do it justice to. That said the Lotus Emira looks simply stunning!

2001f4s

Reaction score
A310 owner and here in the states, where they are really rare. Sold me Evora 400, and expecting my Nimbus Gray Emira to be delivered in November 2022. Emira parts have to be easier to find than Alpine parts here in the states.

eclat2emira

Emira Maniac
Reaction score
A310 owner and here in the states, where they are really rare. Sold me Evora 400, and expecting my Nimbus Gray Emira to be delivered in November 2022. Emira parts have to be easier to find than Alpine parts here in the states.
Always had a soft spot for the A310 - under-rated car and a really purposeful looker!

OP
J

jimbobc

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Is alcantara the same as micro fibre that Alpine use? I read elsewhere that alcantara doesn't wear well but I've always found my Alpine seats have. I would quite like alcantara if it's not going to be disaster to keep clean