• We are conducting our first ever Lotus Emira of the Month for May 2024. This will be a monthly contest and will be submissions from users, voted for by the membership. Please take a moment to check out thread here: 🏆 May 2024 - Emira of the Month starts now! (You can dismiss this message by clicking the X in the top right hand corner of this notice.)

Hello from Los Angeles

Sheldon

Reaction score
6B027B07-0137-4DC2-A484-818E291F7AD6.jpeg
Hi everyone,

I’m Sheldon and a proud LA native.
I’ve lived in a few regions of greater LA but now reside happily with my family close to the Rose Bowl in the Pasadena area.

I think I had my first exposure to a Lotus when a friend brought over the Test Drive PC game as a kid. The Elise was a dream car of mine in my mid twenties. But then I didn’t fit in it and a whole bunch of life events happened causing me to put the car dream on hold.

I came back to auto enthusiasm emphatically with a 2019 Shelby GT 350. It’s the big, loud and brash American that it should be. But it’s also been in the shop for a month+ with an unresolved check engine light.

I’ve been looking for a car that’s mid engined, light and comes with a manual to give me a good alternative to the Shelby. The C8 Corvette ZO6 and the Shelby have somewhat similar engines and weights. The Cayman GT4 just doesn’t call to me for a few reasons. The enthusiast builds of the 911s are really pricey and hard to get these days.

Then I saw the Emira and it was exactly what I was looking for. I just paid the deposit. I’m really excited to be along for journey. Looking forward to being part of the Emira and Lotus communities.

CanadianEmira

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
View attachment 1467Hi everyone,

I’m Sheldon and a proud LA native.
I’ve lived in a few regions of greater LA but now reside happily with my family close to the Rose Bowl in the Pasadena area.

I think I had my first exposure to a Lotus when a friend brought over the Test Drive PC game as a kid. The Elise was a dream car of mine in my mid twenties. But then I didn’t fit in it and a whole bunch of life events happened causing me to put the car dream on hold.

I came back to auto enthusiasm emphatically with a 2019 Shelby GT 350. It’s the big, loud and brash American that it should be. But it’s also been in the shop for a month+ with an unresolved check engine light.

I’ve been looking for a car that’s mid engined, light and comes with a manual to give me a good alternative to the Shelby. The C8 Corvette ZO6 and the Shelby have somewhat similar engines and weights. The Cayman GT4 just doesn’t call to me for a few reasons. The enthusiast builds of the 911s are really pricey and hard to get these days.

Then I saw the Emira and it was exactly what I was looking for. I just paid the deposit. I’m really excited to be along for journey. Looking forward to being part of the Emira and Lotus communities.
Your story sounds similar to many of us here. Existing cars just weren't quite right for what we were after, and then the Emira came along and fixed that right up. Welcome!