Has anyone had finance through Lloyds bank??

Krxs

Reaction score
I just need to finalise payment details but the bank will only pay a recognised dealership and the dealership says all payments need to go direct to Lotus? Has anyone got around this please?

action_turtle

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
I just need to finalise payment details but the bank will only pay a recognised dealership and the dealership says all payments need to go direct to Lotus? Has anyone got around this please?
Somewhere in the emails/paperwork/notices they stated that you need to get loans from banks who could pay a named account and not a dealership. I didn’t risk it and went direct to Lotus.

Seems strange though, not like Lotus is a new company.

OP
K

Krxs

Reaction score
Somewhere in the emails/paperwork/notices they stated that you need to get loans from banks who could pay a named account and not a dealership. I didn’t risk it and went direct to Lotus.

Seems strange though, not like Lotus is a new company.
Ah looks like I missed that first part. Didn't have much luck with lotus finance so not an option for me unfortunately 🙃

action_turtle

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Ah looks like I missed that first part. Didn't have much luck with lotus finance so not an option for me unfortunately 🙃
Damn. Not sure what to suggest. I have never gone outside of the manufacturer finance deals. Be hard to get a personal loan for this amount I assume. You can’t be the only one, hold out as long as you can, someone here might have ideas!! 🤞🏾

m30rpg

Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
So I am using Forza finance via Santander, all they need is VIN number, date of registration and final invoice (which has all info sending through payment along with ref number to use)

For reference takes 2 days for funds to clear, I know they have done a few others already, my car is due for collection on Friday 21st July

So let you know how smoothly this next part goes

Toomanyloti

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Lotus WILL NOT send a external finance company an invoice. Been there tried that. Its a closed shop. Cash or their finance option.
I was going to buy mine outright but 2 years on the world for me had changed so financed some of it. I had a guy i know sort it for me but when it came to the crunch i had to use Lotus branded finance from their chosen partner CA Auto Finance Ltd
Situation might have changed now but doubt it.
Seems daft to me surely its another sale so who cares where the money comes from
Good Luck

m30rpg

Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Lotus WILL NOT send a external finance company an invoice. Been there tried that. Its a closed shop. Cash or their finance option.
I was going to buy mine outright but 2 years on the world for me had changed so financed some of it. I had a guy i know sort it for me but when it came to the crunch i had to use Lotus branded finance from their chosen partner CA Auto Finance Ltd
Situation might have changed now but doubt it.
Seems daft to me surely its another sale so who cares where the money comes from
Good Luck
Works fine few other already done it, I have the final invoice to me which forwarded, check out as cash and then send that invoice to broker who get the money paid via lender to the bank account with my reference number

Toomanyloti

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Works fine few other already done it, I have the final invoice to me which forwarded, check out as cash and then send that invoice to broker who get the money paid via lender to the bank account with my reference number
Flat refused to do it and my local guy said its not unusual, several manufacturers do it too?
I checked out in April

m30rpg

Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Flat refused to do it and my local guy said its not unusual, several manufacturers do it too?
I checked out in April
I called them and told them what I was doing and explained to me how to do it. Been a few others on here already done similar and it’s been ok.

Guess I will know come Friday when go to collect car

Roland

Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
I called them and told them what I was doing and explained to me how to do it. Been a few others on here already done similar and it’s been ok.

Guess I will know come Friday when go to collect car
Hi

Lombard finance, I have used for personal and via my business for cars (previous were for Tesla'S), also currently had paid efeectively cash for the the V6 and due to circumstances now financing with Lomard, all they need is prove with the invoice.

If useful happy to give my contacts at Lombard.

Roland

m30rpg

Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Hi

Lombard finance, I have used for personal and via my business for cars (previous were for Tesla'S), also currently had paid efeectively cash for the the V6 and due to circumstances now financing with Lomard, all they need is prove with the invoice.

If useful happy to give my contacts at Lombard.

Roland
Thanks Roland def keep them in mind for
Future ref on other cars.

All sorted via Santander now via Forza finance, agreements all
signed and locked in at 7.4% APR. Again all needed was invoice address to me, with payments details (on the invoice) VIN number and date of registration.

Everything ticking along nicely so far with it and all looking on schedule for Fridays collection

For reference Bradley Redgewell - 01245945200 was the broker handling it all for me Incase anyone else wishes to use them.

Roland

Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Thanks Roland def keep them in mind for
Future ref on other cars.

All sorted via Santander now via Forza finance, agreements all
signed and locked in at 7.4% APR. Again all needed was invoice address to me, with payments details (on the invoice) VIN number and date of registration.

Everything ticking along nicely so far with it and all looking on schedule for Fridays collection

For reference Bradley Redgewell - 01245945200 was the broker handling it all for me Incase anyone else wishes to use them.
Hi,

Thanks for the post,

Can you share without all the info. the structure of the loan, as your rate is quite bit lower, and I am just about to finalise.
I have also just put call into Bradley, awaiting him to call me back

Roland

Roland

Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Hi,

Thanks for the post,

Can you share without all the info. the structure of the loan, as your rate is quite bit lower, and I am just about to finalise.

Roland
I am doing the finance after I original had paid for the car, now 3 months and 3000 miles

Roland

m30rpg

Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Hi,

Thanks for the post,

Roland
List price of car is £83705 OTR
With 25k deposit
3 years PCP approx £600.14 a month with 6000 miles per annum (I have a 2nd car)
7.4% APR GFV is £48,987

Car is fully loaded and an auto

This was some Margin cheaper that what lotus was quoting me at 9.4% and other brokers in market in current market conditions

Last edited:

Russc

Reaction score
Lloyds is a funny system. Used them recently and looked at the car finance option. After finding my dealer wasn`t on the list i checked what the rate on a personal loan would be, just in case. It was cheaper so i went with that option.

Roland

Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
With 25k deposit
7.4% APR GFV is £48,987

This was some Martin cheaper that what lotus was quoting me at 9.4% and other brokers in market in current market conditions
Thanks, Ill let you know how it goes

Roland

ChrisJ

Reaction score
With 25k deposit
7.4% APR GFV is £48,987

This was some Margin cheaper that what lotus was quoting me at 9.4% and other brokers in market in current market conditions
Useful info, thanks for posting. Assuming trade value in 3 years is say £60,000 ... that works out at approx £1,000 / month ownership cost.

m30rpg

Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
With 25k deposit
7.4% APR GFV is £48,987

Useful info, thanks for posting. Assuming trade value in 3 years is say £60,000 ... that works out at approx £1,000 / month ownership cost.
All speculative really given how the market holds for used cars and I’m sure various other factors as well along with prices all increasing (given mine is at old price not new one or the extra 5% come Aug time)

Smiles per miles is my view if I walk out with equity at the end of the deal from the car and can get £10-15k back out I will take it any more if a bonus

When sold M2 I put down 4k deposit got that back plus extra £4k but market conditions at the time.

Sadly none of us have a crystal ball so to speak so who knows.

My other investments take car of my monthly payments anyway so using banks Moneys to fund it and can keep other £60k for something else.

Roland

Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
All speculative really given how the market holds for used cars and I’m sure various other factors as well along with prices all increasing (given mine is at old price not new one or the extra 5% come Aug time)

Smiles per miles is my view if I walk out with equity at the end of the deal from the car and can get £10-15k back out I will take it any more if a bonus

When sold M2 I put down 4k deposit got that back plus extra £4k but market conditions at the time.

Sadly none of us have a crystal ball so to speak so who knows.

My other investments take car of my monthly payments anyway so using banks Moneys to fund it and can keep other £60k for something else.
Just to follow up, Spoke to Bradley, as mine is seen as refinance, the rate would be approx 14%, mine is 9.7% APR with Lombard. It will be interesting to see how rates compare on the Eletre and I4, coming in the next 3 months.

Roland

m30rpg

Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Just to confirm payment cleared today with Lotus finance with no issues. Very straight forward process going via a 3rd party on a new purchase

All do is check out as Cash buyer. Lotus will email you a payment invoice. Forward that to broker who then handles all payments to them via the link you provide. Also talking with lotus on my behalf cc me in and lotus had no issues with this.

100% shop around and look for best deals and APR as don’t need to go via lotus to do this

Forza finance handled it for me and at 7.4% compared to 9.4% and other brokers charging 9.9% I’m happy overall with that

Role on Fridays collection - buzzing now for the car and already got a few mods in mind

First up new exhaust mods