Harry's Garage videos - visit to Hethel and Matt Windle interview, Emira collection and drive

OP
TomE

TomE

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
    Featured
10,000 per year assumes 2 shifts and resolving the bottleneck on chassis production. Without that resolved, 2 shifts is 7,000 per year.

Lotus aren’t expecting to get to that level until late 2023, which is also when Base Edition production starts.

The target for 2023 is 100 cars per week (4,800 per year) but they aren’t at that run rate yet. Whatever figures we get for a daily production rate need to be x4 for a week (no production on Fridays) and x48 for the year (for holiday shutdowns).

I think Harry’s factory tour video showed less then 10 per day, so if it’s now 15 that’s progress. They need to get to 25 to do 100/week.

Bear in mind if this is because each car is taking longer and more effort to build, then that’s another pressure on pricing as well as inflation on materials, energy and logistics.

OP
TomE

TomE

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
I’m sure Harry has a private direct line to Lotus service to keep him as their # 1 spokesperson. He may even have a Lotus mechanic in his trunk. We could all be so lucky.
He’s got several direct lines. Remember when he had the Sports suspension car for his initial road test and realised he wanted Touring instead? He called Gav Kershaw at the factory and he sent one of his development drivers out with a Touring car for Harry to use.

dgrace

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
I'd love to know from recent factory tour attendees if there were any LHD cars on the line without NYO badging on the seats.

Flashback

Reaction score
Harry's published his 6-month review. Well worth a watch - as usual he talks about things a lot of other YTers don't seem to think about.

Magicman

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
Harry's published his 6-month review. Well worth a watch - as usual he talks about things a lot of other YTers don't seem to think about.

Still seems to love it 👍🏼

Gt3 touring for a bargain

Interesting point about weight distribution and steering being similar to a 997, I've mentioned a few times the driving experience is not dissimilar to my 997 GTS

Tokion

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
They’re up to 20-23 a day now so will easily achieve those numbers
They will need that pace to keep up with all the deliveries to China, and still have some spares for the rest of the world.

It now looks like my I4 FE will (hopefully) arrive at the 2.5 years after initial order, and 1.5 years after full contract and 10% of purchase price was prepaid.

I just hope that Lotus’ quality control will function well. They should not exceed the manufacturing speed beyond a level where they always are confident that a proper quality control can be guaranteed.