Harry's Garage videos - visit to Hethel and Matt Windle interview, Emira collection and drive

Wake

Reaction score
Harry’s doing more for the Emira in terms of keeping people excited/interested than Lotus, who seem intent on delivering a miserable, unenthused buying experience.

CDM1855

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
The production seems to be picking up pace, There must be about 100 cars per week leaving the factory now

First V6 Autos should go into production next week, so we should start to get a bit more content and reviews coming in from those shortly

Captain.Kirk

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Harry’s doing more for the Emira in terms of keeping people excited/interested than Lotus, who seem intent on delivering a miserable, unenthused buying experience.
I’m sure Harry has a private direct line to Lotus service to keep him as their # 1 spokesperson. He may even have a Lotus mechanic in his trunk. We could all be so lucky.

G

Guest142

The production seems to be picking up pace, There must be about 100 cars per week leaving the factory now

First V6 Autos should go into production next week, so we should start to get a bit more content and reviews coming in from those shortly
If this is true OMG

CDM1855

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
5000 cars a year? That sounds way too many...
Won’t be that many. But I heard they were picking up pace, Could be a hundred a week planned for production

I may have misunderstood the exact amount, but things are definitely moving along and Autos will start next month

Cachaco131

Emira Maniac
Reaction score
Emira Status
Waiting to order
Won’t be that many. But I heard they were picking up pace, Could be a hundred a week planned for production

I may have misunderstood the exact amount, but things are definitely moving along and Autos will start next month
100x52...

dgrace

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner

Based on?

100/wk would be above the initial projections of 4800/yr. With the line stopped on Fridays, that would be 25/day Mon-Thurs in a 10-hr shift or an average cycle time of 24min. Great if true

Bilbao-Emira

Emira Maniac
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
15 cars per day x 248 working days/year = 3,720 cars per year @ one shift .

That would be ideal figure

CDM1855

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
Based on?

100/wk would be above the initial projections of 4800/yr. With the line stopped on Fridays, that would be 25/day Mon-Thurs in a 10-hr shift or an average cycle time of 24min. Great if true
5000 cars a year? That sounds way too many...
@Cachaco131 , I am sure TomE posted a long time ago that lotus planned to be able to produce 10,000 cars a year

Cachaco131

Emira Maniac
Reaction score
Emira Status
Waiting to order
@Cachaco131 , I am sure TomE posted a long time ago that lotus planned to be able to produce 10,000 cars a year
Wow. Just Emira or including EVs? And including China based manufacturing? They would really need to get their act together operationally.

dgrace

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
They can’t make that many frames.

Also: I can plan for my stock portfolio to increase by 300% this year. Reality intrudes.

Eworker

Reaction score
Hopefully the Emira will bring Lotus some serious revenue, allowing them to develop even more awesome upgrades, as well as a future electric little sports car. I'm praying, the Emira V6FE is great but a bit heavy.