Harry's Garage V6 manual review after 6 months and 4500 miles

Concept24

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
Excellent update by Harry.
He reaffirms that the Touring suspension is amazing. Thus, I am heavily leaning in that direction. Of course, I'd love to drive both versions but that "aint" gonna happen, it seems.

TXEMIRA

Emira Maniac
Reaction score
This is such BS. He’s had his car for six months while nobody in America has even an exact delivery date. Awful.

Good news? Maybe the wipers will work.

#ForTheWait

kbhoz

Emira Fan
Reaction score
This is such BS. He’s had his car for six months while nobody in America has even an exact delivery date. Awful.

Good news? Maybe the wipers will work.

#ForTheWait
Same happened with the C8 here in Australia. Still too hard to get with rediculous wait times.

K_Squared

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
I couldn't help but notice the dreaded 'wheel gap' seems very much gone in his vehicle after 4500 miles. I guess the suspension has finally settled in? Looks very appropriate compared to some of the new deliveries for those of us with 'wheel-gap-phobia' :)

EspritGuy

Emira Addict
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Harry mentioned there’s a 3 year order bank…omg, it’s gonna be a painful wait! 😭
So I noticed. But 2022 was a lost year with production delays and also half of this one as NA FE begin production in June (according to other reports from Dealers). So, yes back up in output.
Wonder how he got that statistic? And if it involves a 2nd manufacturing shift?
The takeaway is there is such order indication no further stimulation is needed, no press releases happening and little attention so far on the i4 reveal. (anticipated in June),
Harry mentioned the i4 heat issue and challenging placement of the Turbo versus air intake. This raises an eyebrow both for heat disappation and intake temperature. That can't be comforting for anyone driving in a warm climate. Summers pose risks.
Will see what the press thinks.
Interesting points about the weight balance and rear bias. Made the steering fantastic. Hardly neutral, and reminiscent of the Esprit.
Yes, he still loves the Emira after the honeymoon.. But maybe it isn't really over?

Andrew P

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
So I noticed. But 2022 was a lost year with production delays and also half of this one as NA FE begin production in June (according to other reports from Dealers). So, yes back up in output.
Wonder how he got that statistic? And if it involves a 2nd manufacturing shift?
The takeaway is there is such order indication no further stimulation is needed, no press releases happening and little attention so far on the i4 reveal. (anticipated in June),
Harry mentioned the i4 heat issue and challenging placement of the Turbo versus air intake. This raises an eyebrow both for heat disappation and intake temperature. That can't be comforting for anyone driving in a warm climate. Summers pose risks.
Will see what the press thinks.
Interesting points about the weight balance and rear bias. Made the steering fantastic. Hardly neutral, and reminiscent of the Esprit.
Yes, he still loves the Emira after the honeymoon.. But maybe it isn't really over?
Having done 2k miles in mine I think his comments are pretty spot on. I genuinely would not swap it for any other model even vaguely close in price. Mine is Sport suspension which I am very happy with - I don’t think you can go wrong with either option.

Blacksheep

Reaction score
Completely agree with Harry's review, although I can fit my Tumi in the boot so he just needs some new luggage.

I'm on 2,500 miles after 9 weeks and using it as a summer daily driver. It feels like Lotus have found the sweet spot for fun whilst being both functional and stunning to look at. On our way home from Goodwood, we put it in track mode and did 40-70 in the Hindhead tunnel with the windows open about 20 times. Still smiling!

frazzer

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Completely agree with Harry's review, although I can fit my Tumi in the boot so he just needs some new luggage.

I'm on 2,500 miles after 9 weeks and using it as a summer daily driver. It feels like Lotus have found the sweet spot for fun whilst being both functional and stunning to look at. On our way home from Goodwood, we put it in track mode and did 40-70 in the Hindhead tunnel with the windows open about 20 times. Still smiling!
coming up to 1k, need to find me a good tunnel :D

Lots_Of_Trouble

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
I agree in part,I wouldn't know what I'd trade it in for,2500 miles in,doing another 2500 next month It's great.

The only temptation I've had is for an Exige.....
Especially this one parked next to me the other day:

Attachments

• 20230506_130529.jpg
    20230506_130529.jpg
    601.3 KB · Views: 62