Happy with Car not with Customer Service

Yachtie

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Does anyone have contact phone number and email for Lotus accounts or someone there that deals with refunds. I ordered Ceramic coating from them but it was not done I've been trying for two months to get the cost refunded and despite several assurances nothing has appeared. The customer service team are not able to sort it out. Happy for someone to message me if they don't want to publish the details.
It's a real shame as I'm loving the car but this is really annoying me now.

Blacksheep

Reaction score
Probably a silly question, but how do you know if the ceramic coating was applied? I paid for it too, but it wasn't mentioned on handover. Never had it before, but the paint just feels pretty normal to me.

OP
Yachtie

Yachtie

Emira Fan
Reaction score
I was told by Scott Walker that it hadn't been applied after he checked it and that 2 or 3 others hadn't either. I noticed the difference after my local supplier did it. You can normally tell by looking at the surface, however the big difference is that rain and water run off much easier, it tends to form beads as well. Dirt tends to hose off easier as well. I picked up 17th March I would hope their systems work better now!

JasonR

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Probably a silly question, but how do you know if the ceramic coating was applied? I paid for it too, but it wasn't mentioned on handover. Never had it before, but the paint just feels pretty normal to me.
They’ve stopped doing it for the time being so it probably wasn’t done

OP
Yachtie

Yachtie

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Wouldn't suprise me if it was never done!.
I had a local company do it for me, APW Detailing who did a fab job. Adrian Wincomb came to the house and did it all from initial cleaning, clay cleaning, machine polishing and then applying the ceramic coating. All done outside and then in garage, but he has protection if no garage.
Took all day with great care and slightly cheaper than Lotus offered!
apwdetail.com based near Ipswich Suffolk.

M100man

Reaction score
Mine wasn’t done either . Scott told me on handover and I got a refund fairly quickly.

nimbusblack

Reaction score
mine wasnt done at factory and when i mentioned to the dealer a few days before pickup i got the impression they were doing it and judging by the white marks on rubber trim it seems they did. I got a proper ceramic coat done for £460 with a 5yr warranty from a local car detailer about a month later and its made the paintwork very slick (much more so than the 'Lotus' ceramic protection which looks like a polich . Was Pyramid brand i believe which he said were UK based.