• We are conducting our first ever Lotus Emira of the Month for May 2024. This will be a monthly contest and will be submissions from users, voted for by the membership. Please take a moment to check out thread here: 🏆 May 2024 - Emira of the Month starts now! (You can dismiss this message by clicking the X in the top right hand corner of this notice.)

GRP Emira Decat Pipes Now Available!

Jimblob

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Did you loosen up the 2 nuts on the pipe coming out of the engine and the clamp?
Nope… I guess that may have been the problem!

I only removed the rear floor panel that covers the exhaust…

Do I need to remove the one in front of that as well to get to those 2 bolts?

Rapture

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Nope… I guess that may have been the problem!

I only removed the rear floor panel that covers the exhaust…

Do I need to remove the one in front of that as well to get to those 2 bolts?
If you remove the bolts for the exhaust hanger it will make it much easier to pry the exhaust at that flange. Removing the hanger lets the pipe going into the cat move to the right.

Were you able to get the other side of the pipe out of where the band clamp holds it on?

Jimblob

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
If you remove the bolts for the exhaust hanger it will make it much easier to pry the exhaust at that flange. Removing the hanger lets the pipe going into the cat move to the right.

Were you able to get the other side of the pipe out of where the band clamp holds it on?
Yep - all good :)

Dlirium

Reaction score
Ok, I'll bite. I ordered a test pipe too...

Can't imagine not getting the wheels stud kit at some point. Makes life SOOO much easier.

And we all need a carbon fiber shift knob one of these days :)

Attachments

• knob.jpg
    knob.jpg
    44.3 KB · Views: 41

Porter

tap tap... is this thing on?
Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Ok, I'll bite. I ordered a test pipe too...

Can't imagine not getting the wheels stud kit at some point. Makes life SOOO much easier.

And we all need a carbon fiber shift knob one of these days :)
Nice, where is that from?

David s

Reaction score
I have had my car for about a month and had the valve controller and 3rd cat delete since I received the car. The sound is pretty special and fits the looks of the car. As you press your foot on the gas pedal more it’s like activating a trumpet with a wail as you go up the rev range. It’s pretty intoxicating.

I haven’t got to fully put my foot in it and get all the way up the rev range as I’m not at 1000 miles yet. I recall others who have had their cars before say that the exhaust sounds even better after around 2000 miles or so. I will be curious if the sound gets even better.

I did a back to back of engine revs with our c8 and the lotus. We were surprised the lotus is louder and sounds better than the c8 reving to about 5500. The C8 is pretty loud and sounds good just mashing the pedal. I can’t wait to mash the pedal of the lotus and take it up to redline. The looks, sound and handling are about equally my favorite parts of the car. For those looking to enhance the sound experience of their Emira I highly recommend the valve controller with the GRP 3rd cat delete.
Yes. It’s interesting that you say the sound of the exhaust should get better after 2000miles. I noticed a significant sound escalation after about 2k miles. So much so that I’m kind of glad I didn’t swap over to sports exhaust system. Lotus australia that the factory actually did quite a good job with the standard box when compared to early lotus variants. I’ve ordered a decay pipe and will fit that soon. The cost savings can go towards nitrous I’ll fit in the next couple of months, which will coincide with the beginning of my track scheduled events.

Blackthought_

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Yes. It’s interesting that you say the sound of the exhaust should get better after 2000miles. I noticed a significant sound escalation after about 2k miles. So much so that I’m kind of glad I didn’t swap over to sports exhaust system. Lotus australia that the factory actually did quite a good job with the standard box when compared to early lotus variants. I’ve ordered a decay pipe and will fit that soon. The cost savings can go towards nitrous I’ll fit in the next couple of months, which will coincide with the beginning of my track scheduled events.
Sport exhaust system? From the factory or aftermarket ?

David s

Reaction score
Sport exhaust system? From the factory or aftermarket ?
Just the plain old factory one. Seriously, wait for a couple of thousand miles and everything suddenly frees up. Sound, low down torque, etc. i`ve spoken to quite few Aussie Emira owners, and they've also experienced the same. Once I get my decat, I`ll report back to you all. This is what forums are about...discussing our joint experiences...not douchebagging other cars or our own.

PS. Nitrous=Nitrons. Couldnt find the edit button, and the patients are banking up.

Jjrho

Reaction score
Received! Looks fantastic. Having these parts makes the excitement of getting the Emira "soon" a bit more real!
what does the milTek valve controller do for the emira ? i noticed the emira has 3 settings for exh; tour sport and track .... ; is there 1 valve that is partially open for sport mode or , are there 2 valves that work independently to give 3 settings ?

getting 3rd cat delete for sure tho, the car is TOO quiet...

james R
'24 hethel yellow

Reactions: GRP

Gprodigy

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
what does the milTek valve controller do for the emira ? i noticed the emira has 3 settings for exh; tour sport and track .... ; is there 1 valve that is partially open for sport mode or , are there 2 valves that work independently to give 3 settings ?

james R
'24 hethel yellow
page 5 compares all the valve controller modes

Reactions: GRP
OP
GRP

GRP

Emira Fan
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner

james R
'24 hethel yellow
Check out at that link above but if you have any further questions let us know!