• We are conducting our first ever Lotus Emira of the Month for May 2024. This will be a monthly contest and will be submissions from users, voted for by the membership. Please take a moment to check out thread here: 🏆 May 2024 - Emira of the Month starts now! (You can dismiss this message by clicking the X in the top right hand corner of this notice.)

GRP Emira Decat Pipes Now Available!

brainf18

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
After a little delay with some materials we now have our GRP brand decat pipes available for the Emira 3.5!
Lower price point than others but made with top quality materials and craftsmanship right here in the U.S.
These are made using laser cut stainless flanges and tig welded using a laser cut fixture so we have a quality repeatable product every time.
Please email or pm with any questions!
Full details and ordering found here: GRP Emira 3.5 Decat Pipe
View attachment 34579
My 3rd cat delete pipe delivered this week. Nice to have it before the car:). Thanks Greg...Quality piece. You should run Lotus North America!

1stLotus

Reaction score
As mentioned above the car stock will already be borderline on sound -- the valve opens under wide open throttle at 4500 rpms and lets out a pretty good wail.
We will measure with our shop car regardless once it arrives stock, with the decat pipe, with our muffler setup and again with the muffler and decat installed.
One thing guys use for Laguna Seca is a GPS based valve controlled so the exhaust valve closes momentarily while passing the sound booth. Neat little trick!
When you measure the db levels for the various setups, can you please measure in Tour mode as well please.

Got your decat as well already so I can stare at it for the next year (or however long I have to wait). Love the Tootsie rolls and decal - nice touch!

K_Squared

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
After a little delay with some materials we now have our GRP brand decat pipes available for the Emira 3.5!
Lower price point than others but made with top quality materials and craftsmanship right here in the U.S.
These are made using laser cut stainless flanges and tig welded using a laser cut fixture so we have a quality repeatable product every time.
Please email or pm with any questions!
Full details and ordering found here: GRP Emira 3.5 Decat Pipe
View attachment 34579
@GRP what is the specific weight of this decat pipe? I'm strongly considering ordering one and would like to know the difference in weight between this and titanium options. Thanks!

brainf18

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
@GRP what is the specific weight of this decat pipe? I'm strongly considering ordering one and would like to know the difference in weight between this and titanium options. Thanks!
Its a metric F-ton less than the third cat. ;)

But seriously...getting rid of the third cat should be almost mandatory. It's only purpose is to clean the last little bit of emissions and choke the engine of power. The benefits to the decat pipe are obvious. Its lighter, and the decat pipe provides both more power, and better exhaust sound. All that and its fully reversible in a matter of minutes if you ever resell. All for a few hundred bucks. Doing this is literally a no-brainer!

Last edited:

VL3X

Staff member
Reaction score
Best $250 you can spend on these cars!

*Next to a HPDE track day! 🏁

Reactions: GRP

K_Squared

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner

But seriously...getting rid of the third cat should be almost mandatory. It's only purpose is to clean the last little bit of emissions and choke the engine of power. The benefits to the decat pipe are obvious. Its lighter, and the decat pipe provides both more power, and better exhaust sound. All that and its fully reversible in a matter of minutes if you ever resell. All for a few hundred bucks. Doing this is literally a no-brainer!
I completely agree. I'm 100% replacing it. The point of this question was whether to go with the GRP stainless or a titanium decat. Aerie states the titanium pipe is like 600 grams so I was curious how heavy the stainless was to see whether or not it's worth the extra ~$80 or so.

virtualmacho

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Maybe it's just me, but I would also consider the materials of the pipes before and after the decat pipe. Personally, I wouldn't be comfortable putting a 90 degree curved titanium piece between two heavy steel pipes swinging and vibrating to their own songs.

KJD

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
I completely agree. I'm 100% replacing it. The point of this question was whether to go with the GRP stainless or a titanium decat. Aerie states the titanium pipe is like 600 grams so I was curious how heavy the stainless was to see whether or not it's worth the extra ~$80 or so.
The 3rd cat weighs 2.8kg (just checked) and the (Milltek, stainless) de-cat weighs 1.4kg (iirc).

OP
GRP

GRP

Emira Fan
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Our decat weighs 3.5lbs(1.58kg) --the Milltek unit is 3.48lbs -- just weighed them both to make sure!
Another thing to consider is our decat pipe like the milltek one has the oem gasket relief machined into the flange like the stock cat pipe does --the other guys is flat and they expect you to use a flat 3 bolt gasket with it, you wouldnt be able to use the oem gasket.
I also would consider material choice in the location like @virtualmacho has mentioned above, especially if you have the stock or a stainless muffler.
There has been reports of cracked titanium midpipes and cat pipes in the past on Evora's. For that reason we wont be offering titanium components for those, only stainless and stick with titanium for the mufflers only.

Last edited:

brainf18

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
Our decat weighs 3.5lbs(1.58kg) --the Milltek unit is 3.48lbs -- just weighed them both to make sure!
Another thing to consider is our decat pipe like the milltek one has the oem gasket relief machined into the flange like the stock cat pipe does --those other guys is flat and they expect you to use a flat 3 bolt gasket with it, you wouldnt be able to use the oem gasket.
I also would consider material choice in the location like @virtualmacho has mentioned above, specially if you have the stock or a stainless muffler.
There has been reports of cracked titanium midpipes and cat pipes in the past on Evora's. For that reason we wont be offering titanium components for those, only stainless and stick with titanium for the mufflers only.
I'd assume this doesn't invalidate the engine warranty???? Has Gator said how they'd handle this?

OP
GRP

GRP

Emira Fan
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Before and after videos soon?
We are waiting on our shop car for some good quality videos to post.
Just a couple of cell phone videos from UK customers so far.

We plan to do some back to back with and without the decat and our sound meter setup to give as good of an idea of the difference as possible. 👍🏻

OP
GRP

GRP

Emira Fan
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
I'd assume this doesn't invalidate the engine warranty???? Has Gator said how they'd handle this?
I won’t say which but some dealers have ordered and stock our decat pipes.
in the past these haven’t caused any warranty issues that I have been aware of and don’t foresee any but always good to ask you dealer first.
Typically a decat and rear section exhaust would be ok but again, always good to ask first.

Time2Fly

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order

But will it pass emissions in a CARB state without the third cat?

Last edited:
OP
GRP

GRP

Emira Fan
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
But will it pass emissions in a CARB state without the third cat.
The third cat is a non monitored cat so it doesn’t throw a cel etc.
Unless you have super savvy smog tech that knows Lotus’ really well that looks for it there isn’t really anyway they would know the difference. Even if they do look for it it’s pretty hard to see behind the mesh below the back bumper. There are numerous cat deleted Evora’s in carb states.

Time2Fly

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
The third cat is a non monitored cat so it doesn’t throw a cel etc.
Unless you have super savvy smog tech that knows Lotus’ really well that looks for it there isn’t really anyway they would know the difference. Even if they do look for it it’s pretty hard to see behind the mesh below the back bumper. There are numerous cat deleted Evora’s in carb states.
I just thought the sensor they stuck in the pipe would fault if there was no third cat.

OP
GRP

GRP

Emira Fan
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
I just thought the sensor they stuck in the pipe would fault if there was no third cat.
Smog checks are just obd plug in, they don’t use sniffers unless the car is beyond a certain age (1995 IIRC)

OP
GRP

GRP

Emira Fan
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Ahh I was unaware of that test in CO but KitKat nailed it 👍🏻

virtualmacho

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
I appreciate the thought that has gone into your product design. Checkout complete!