GRP Emira Decat Pipes Now Available!

HeReigns

Reaction score
I have had my car for about a month and had the valve controller and 3rd cat delete since I received the car. The sound is pretty special and fits the looks of the car. As you press your foot on the gas pedal more it’s like activating a trumpet with a wail as you go up the rev range. It’s pretty intoxicating.

I haven’t got to fully put my foot in it and get all the way up the rev range as I’m not at 1000 miles yet. I recall others who have had their cars before say that the exhaust sounds even better after around 2000 miles or so. I will be curious if the sound gets even better.

I did a back to back of engine revs with our c8 and the lotus. We were surprised the lotus is louder and sounds better than the c8 reving to about 5500. The C8 is pretty loud and sounds good just mashing the pedal. I can’t wait to mash the pedal of the lotus and take it up to redline. The looks, sound and handling are about equally my favorite parts of the car. For those looking to enhance the sound experience of their Emira I highly recommend the valve controller with the GRP 3rd cat delete.

K_Squared

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
I have had my car for about a month and had the valve controller and 3rd cat delete since I received the car. The sound is pretty special and fits the looks of the car. As you press your foot on the gas pedal more it’s like activating a trumpet with a wail as you go up the rev range. It’s pretty intoxicating.

I haven’t got to fully put my foot in it and get all the way up the rev range as I’m not at 1000 miles yet. I recall others who have had their cars before say that the exhaust sounds even better after around 2000 miles or so. I will be curious if the sound gets even better.

I did a back to back of engine revs with our c8 and the lotus. We were surprised the lotus is louder and sounds better than the c8 reving to about 5500. The C8 is pretty loud and sounds good just mashing the pedal. I can’t wait to mash the pedal of the lotus and take it up to redline. The looks, sound and handling are about equally my favorite parts of the car. For those looking to enhance the sound experience of their Emira I highly recommend the valve controller with the GRP 3rd cat delete.
With the delete and valve, the Emira sounds SO good from 5500-6800. Just don't redline 1st gear or you'll feel like you ran into a brick wall with how it shuts down the power.

TCB

Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order

Thanks for the feedback. Been debating if I should wait to hit 1,000 miles before doing 3rd cat delete. Just curious, are you leaving the car in Tour mode during break-in period or Sport/Track?

HeReigns

Reaction score
Thanks for the feedback. Been debating if I should wait to hit 1,000 miles before doing 3rd cat delete. Just curious, are you leaving the car in Tour mode during break-in period or Sport/Track?
You’re welcome! I have been in tour and sport. About a 50 50 split.

scc.131.fe

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
I'm only 125 miles in to ownership and have the GRP delete pipe in-hand. Not sure when I'll get to fitting it, but I'm hoping that it actually improves TOUR as much as the other modes. Where I live, it seems like every other car on the road has a pops&bangs tune that assaults everyone with nonsensical overrun and coast-down noises. This has made tour my favorite mode to drive in 'within town' so that the exhaust lives up to the sophistication level of the car's appearance. Sport is for when I'm away from people and enjoying the open road!

1stLotus

Reaction score
With the cat delete and valve controller is the supercharger whine still present while windows are down or up?

driv300mph

Reaction score
With the cat delete and valve controller is the supercharger whine still present while windows are down or up?
Yes -- it's still there, just a little quieter due to more exhaust prominence. I plan to add an Eventuri intake when available which should definitely help increase the whine.

K_Squared

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Yes -- it's still there, just a little quieter due to more exhaust prominence. I plan to add an Eventuri intake when available which should definitely help increase the whine.

That was one of the things I did notice as well. The whine is significantly reduced simply because the exhaust is so much more pronounced. Overall the sound is just so much better but yeah, I'd love to hear some Eventuri cabin vids once someone has it installed w/ the delete.

Reactions: GRP

1stLotus

Reaction score
I’m assuming if one would wanna hear the supercharger more they can easily close the valves or put it in tour mode

ADC

Just Jazzed About Being On The Show
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order

This sounds excellent (and I'm also with you on the Eventuri wail - so awesome) ... I loved the crackles as you tried to creep up your street at 25mph, but I'm fretting about drawing unwanted attention (said the guy about to collect a Seneca Blue Emira with gold wheels :LOL: )

K_Squared

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
This sounds excellent (and I'm also with you on the Eventuri wail - so awesome) ... I loved the crackles as you tried to creep up your street at 25mph, but I'm fretting about drawing unwanted attention (said the guy about to collect a Seneca Blue Emira with gold wheels :LOL: )
That's an easy fix....press the close valve button :)

K_Squared

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
At least the car is lighter than my current one... maybe I can just push it up the street :)
When I pull into my neighborhood I just pop it into tour and hit my #3 homelink button on the mirror (programmed to full closed) and boom....super chill and relatively quiet. It's a really nice setup. My neighbors would probably not be too happy with me if I left it full-open coming home in the late evenings.

Vampyre

Reaction score
Can't wait to install mine, it's in the garage next to my Emira, but. I'm waiting for 1000 mile break in driving in touring

seriously

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
How does the 3rd cat delete work with CA emissions? My reading from Lotus Talk and Evoras suggest that the 3rd cat has no sensors so won't impact OBD at all. Only impacts visual which is minimal risk since the setup is enclosed with under tray and diffuser. Is this correct?

kitkat

Emira Degenerate
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
How does the 3rd cat delete work with CA emissions? My reading from Lotus Talk and Evoras suggest that the 3rd cat has no sensors so won't impact OBD at all. Only impacts visual which is minimal risk since the setup is enclosed with under tray and diffuser. Is this correct?

This is correct -- you will still pass all readiness monitors and CA smog checks are all OBD2 now on newer cars with a small amount of visual inspection.