Goodwood - updates and info

Madog30

Reaction score
3 months for silver wheels, wow — really screwed myself on that option.
Has this delay been confirmed from Lotus? I asked a month back to switch from silver to DC but was told that it wasn’t possible without introducing a long delay☹️
Hopefully, as a 7th July pre-FOS deposit holder, I might get some update this week………..

VL3X

Staff member
Reaction score

Lotus screwed themselves (and us) by hiring Rimstock to be their supplier.

Remember when the TDC stitched manual steering wheel wasn't available due to "a supplier issue?" Well now that we're looking at 3-6 month delays (more like 8-12 since the original "Spring 2022" delivery estimate), what are the chances Lotus surprises us with matching steering wheels for those of us who speced 3 pedals?

Eagle7

Emira Aficionado
Reaction score
Yeah I don't get this. Silver is always the base standard wheel color for any wheel ever made lol. How is this the back-ordered color? Lotus could probably contact Ray's Wheels in Japan and they'd be able to work up a set of each type within a week, and then get them into production before Rimstock can figure out where Waldo is. I get it that Rimstock is a U.K. company, but considering their performance (or lack thereof) I'd want a back-up second source. Ray's is a well-known OEM supplier that's been around a long time, and makes quality wheels.

Leonard

Emira Aficionado
Reaction score
Yeah I don't get this. Silver is always the base standard wheel color for any wheel ever made lol. How is this the back-ordered color? Lotus could probably contact Ray's Wheels in Japan and they'd be able to work up a set of each type within a week, and then get them into production before Rimstock can figure out where Waldo is. I get it that Rimstock is a U.K. company, but considering their performance (or lack thereof) I'd want a back-up second source. Ray's is a well-known OEM supplier that's been around a long time, and makes quality wheels.
Yes its certainly crazy if that is the case.
I would literally drive a set of wheels to Hethel and fit them myself if it meant picking up 3 months early
These would possibly look the nutz on Nimbus. Feel free to do the honours @Eagle7 if you are short of things to do today 😊
large-fa9ac159b43d059dc66283f3aafe6735.jpg
Screenshot_20220626-145527_Chrome.jpg

Last edited:

Exige2000

Reaction score
Has this delay been confirmed from Lotus? I asked a month back to switch from silver to DC but was told that it wasn’t possible without introducing a long delay☹️
Hopefully, as a 7th July pre-FOS deposit holder, I might get some update this week………..
Same deposit date as me , I think I will be looking at September ! I hope

OP
TomE

TomE

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
This raises all sorts of uncomfortable questions. How fascinating.

This is even more fascinating.

I actually wonder if Lotus management had second thoughts about the DV exact color mixture after seeing how "not very green" the final paint is in person. I mean, under a VERY bright direct light at the right angle it is green, but in the UK on an average overcast day it will just look like a black car that hasn't been washed.

The dark green examples below are in the ballpark of what most everyone wants, and they also both match the online configurator very well. They should just paint it one of these two colors, and apologize to everyone for the temporary misunderstanding.

View attachment 6950
View attachment 6951
Dark Verdant is unchanged from the sample disks and platforms seen last year. I saw a full car in DV at the factory in January. It looks great. Yes it looks very dark in low light but in bright light and direct sun it’s clearly green and has a strong metallic fleck. It’s a bit like Imperial Green in low and moderate light but has more sparkle in bright light.

Lotus aren’t going to change the colour. It’s poor they haven’t provided pictures of it and are suggesting that’s because it’s “too difficult” to photograph - it’ll be tricky but not impossible.

Also poor that they didn’t bring a DV car to Goodwood. There are some internal reasons behind that but it’s clearly a missed opportunity. Trying to see if there’s another way to get some DV pics.

Eagle7

Emira Aficionado
Reaction score
Well if U.K. deliveries are in the fall this year, this means North America deliveries will probably be spring next year, which is okay I guess. I wouldn't be able to drive the car in winter here anyways. Hopefully this means they'll be able to work out any minor issues by then.

digilotus

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Could someone at Goodwood please ask Lotus if mudflaps / mudspats will be made available for the Emira (like it was on the Evora?)

Eagle7

Emira Aficionado
Reaction score
Could someone at Goodwood please ask Lotus if mudflaps / mudspats will be made available for the Emira (like it was on the Evora?)
Yes! The production delays gives them the perfect opportunity to come up with these and provide them as a complimentary gift to FE owners! :D

digilotus

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Yes! The production delays gives them the perfect opportunity to come up with these and provide them as a complimentary gift to FE owners! :D
I'm really worried about rock chips all over the rear fenders and lower black pack door sills. Yes I'll PPF what I can but I would rather rocks not damage or puncture the PPF too!

OP
TomE

TomE

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
There's actually four threaded bolts from the top holding the numberplate adapter.

I hope that gap between the numberplate and adapter is temporary. I wouldn't want dirt/mud/debris getting lodged in there with proper numberplates installed.
They’re not bolts, they’re self-tapping screws through the number plate plinth into the painted fibreglass of the lower lip :(

digilotus

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
They’re not bolts, they’re self-tapping screws through the number plate plinth into the painted fibreglass of the lower lip :(
They seem to have bolt heads though. Hmm, that's even worse. :(

Nick in Sydney

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Bilko said:
The only part of my spec I understand is delayed are the silver wheels and that’s a considerable delay of 3 months.

This just doesn't sound right to me. It makes no sense for a silver wheel to be unavailable when the exact same wheel in the diamond cut is available. And surely Lotus would simply contact the impacted customers and ask them if they'd prefer black/diamond cut rather than wait . . . a pretty simple solution.

emiraspain

Emira Addict
Reaction score
Bilko said:
The only part of my spec I understand is delayed are the silver wheels and that’s a considerable delay of 3 months.

This just doesn't sound right to me. It makes no sense for a silver wheel to be unavailable when the exact same wheel in the diamond cut is available. And surely Lotus would simply contact the impacted customers and ask them if they'd prefer black/diamond cut rather than wait . . . a pretty simple solution.
Im not sure Lotus have officially said its just the wheels, lets be fair, customer service dont know that, even if they say it. They are remote to the factory and may get snip bits of info, hardly ever, but as we have seen previously, you have to take it all with a pinch of pepper.
In any case, 3 months for just the silver wheels is not correct, it cant be as I dont have silver wheels (dont like them) and my car, the same as everyones, is also delayed, although I hope by not quite 3 months. There are more parts than just wheels at play here and it changes from week to week/month to month....... There is no real thyme or reason to some things. No one is going to get a call asking if they want to change spec at this point, unfeasible, we just have to wait it out and thats all there is to it I am afraid.

This all seems a bit like the sex in the city episode, where the moral of the story is, we can invent in our heads all sorts of excuses and hear and seek opinions from friends of why the guy/ girl in this case, didnt call after the one night stand, but ultimately its the way it is, they didnt want to, not interested, and we need to accept it and move on ;).
We will get our cars when we get them.... or....we wont.....
Anyway, its time for that cheesecake by the community pool