Goodwood - updates and info

Porter

tap tap... is this thing on?
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Sport mode I believe here...but is it a diiferent exhaust being a US car and pre production?

That's the original dynamic prototype that was sent on the roadshows and that video is from last year. The exhaust on that is not in any way final. There are some more recent audio clips of the near-production builds.

silent cilantro

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Anybody got a chance to check how the license plate bracket is attached to the bumper?

Ideally it’s screwed in from the bottom and just some double-sided tape on the top to hold it in place!

51F188A0-5DBF-4468-84EA-63E59755C68C.jpeg

Porter

tap tap... is this thing on?
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Concerningly, speaking to Matt about car pics.... I asked him when we're getting DV pics; he pretty much straight up refused to publish them. His words were effectively "we're not, it's too hard to picture and show properly". I didn't really know how to respond. Or if he was serious...
This raises all sorts of uncomfortable questions. How fascinating.

The dv car I saw in April at the factory didn't look good I was told by the person driving it was an early paint job not done to production spec, so I haven't mentioned it on here, but since I have lost faith some faith in the lotus project. The dv panels inside looked impressive but that's catching a lot of factory light. With mates saying no pics are coming indicates to me how much they are worried about this colour. I am positive under good sunlight the paint will look great as its been mentioned on here before there is loads of colour travel depending on the light conditions on all the fe colours bar hethel yellow. Still worries me to be honest ...
This is even more fascinating.

I actually wonder if Lotus management had second thoughts about the DV exact color mixture after seeing how "not very green" the final paint is in person. I mean, under a VERY bright direct light at the right angle it is green, but in the UK on an average overcast day it will just look like a black car that hasn't been washed.

The dark green examples below are in the ballpark of what most everyone wants, and they also both match the online configurator very well. They should just paint it one of these two colors, and apologize to everyone for the temporary misunderstanding.

1656209578172.png

1656209654792.jpeg

Cachaco131

Emira Maniac
Reaction score
Emira Status
Waiting to order
This raises all sorts of uncomfortable questions. How fascinating.

This is even more fascinating.

I actually wonder if Lotus management had second thoughts about the DV exact color mixture after seeing how "not very green" the final paint is in person. I mean, under a VERY bright direct light at the right angle it is green, but in the UK on an average overcast day it will just look like a black car that hasn't been washed.

The dark green examples below are in the ballpark of what most everyone wants, and they also both match the online configurator very well. They should just paint it one of these two colors, and apologize to everyone for the temporary misunderstanding.

View attachment 6950
View attachment 6951
I still don't understand why do they tie themselves in a knot with DV. Offer a green that is actually identifiable as green and stop the nonsense. I would put my money on 50pct+ of the folks that ordered DV switching to the new color and maybe a decent percentage of the other colors switching as well.

Kingslim

Reaction score
There was a Shadow Grey Emira parked in the Performance Car park yesterday - so someone has one on the road, maybe a Lotus staff member with a PP model? Or maybe Jenson? Red calipers, diamond cut wheels, no upper black pack.

emiraspain

Emira Addict
Reaction score
I agree and hope we all get the best Lotus can make.

Currently, the looks and the novelty of a Lotus having a modern interior, along with the heritage and badge seem to be the main selling points of the Emira.

Nothing stands out on paper or in the reviews as class leading and actually a number of traditional Lotus virtues have been questioned or at least seemingly detuned.

It’s strength should be / will be in how it feels to drive and how it makes the driver feel.
I agree, and they have maybe used the "for the drivers" a bit too much, given the reality of their slightly watered down cars, but thats marketing for you>
Lotus are in some ways in a similar position to Aston Martin, people buy those cars for the badge, design and heritage, but probably not for the outdated interior in that case.
There's another company that needs a huge change to get their sports cars selling like even tepidly warm cakes, never mind hot cakes and I can see it coming, it has to! But is it too late for ICE now for them... to bring out a new vantage type car, before presumably going electric in 4 5 years would seem foolish unless it's ready to go.
By the way, the Polestar beside the Lotus stand in some fotos looks great.... is it the 5 i think. A real competitor for the porsche and audi electrics, depending on price. If I didnt have 24 dogs and 14 girlfriends, I'd consider it.

emiraspain

Emira Addict
Reaction score
It’s a lotus factory car. It has black pack on it actually 🤓
View attachment 6964
I just never get tired of looking at this car..... like an Esprit ... S1 version at least...a classic design.

Shame about the wheel gap, bonnet rubber strip, peeling paintwork, poor gear change, low red line, none existent parts supply, poor luggage space, no driver assistance safety options, lacking hybrid motors extra power, no under water capability, no wings for lift off.... etc.

Worst of all, shame no delivery yet :)

Bilko

Reaction score
Great to meet up with some of you Thursday at FOS and look over these beautiful cars, this last year has flowen and I hope these delays do too. Apologies if I’m repeating info already on here but I’ve not had time to catch up. I was informed on Thursday at Goodwood that I’m delayed from a July delivery until Sept build and Oct delivery. For me it’s a case of good things come to those who wait but feel I should share for others anyway.

I ordered 9th July 2021 at 13:00
Magma red
Manual v6
Sports suspension
Goodyears
Black pack
Silver wheels
Yellow Callipers
Ice grey
Tracker

The only part of my spec I understand is delayed are the silver wheels and that’s a considerable delay of 3 months.

My personal take from the car as it’s been a year since seeing it in the flesh is how awesome it is.
the steering wheel isn’t thick for me at all and I’ve not the largest of hands. The driving position felt straight and true on the RHD car, pedals where killer positioned for me with maybe a slightly heavy clutch, but stationary. Grey interior looked great but definitely signs of blue jean dye present.
I also asked about the size of the front number plate bracket as on all cars fitted at Goodwood was for full length uk sized plate 520mm my plate is 409mm. Yes you could cut the ends off 🤮 or removing and replace to remove this bracket overlap. I will report back when (if)I hear back from CS.
Finally to reiterate what a beautiful car inside and out. I feel we’ll all be so happy to be peddling this beauty when they arrive.

vision

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
I just never get tired of looking at this car..... like an Esprit ... S1 version at least...a classic design.

Shame about the wheel gap, bonnet rubber strip, peeling paintwork, poor gear change, low red line, none existent parts supply, poor luggage space, no driver assistance safety options, lacking hybrid motors extra power, no under water capability, no wings for lift off.... etc.

Worst of all, shame no delivery yet :)
Yes but apart from that lot it looks OK (unless your green!)

digilotus

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
There's actually four threaded bolts from the top holding the numberplate adapter.

I hope that gap between the numberplate and adapter is temporary. I wouldn't want dirt/mud/debris getting lodged in there with proper numberplates installed.

Kentviking

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Some of my impressions from Goodwood yesterday:

My personal delay is another two months. I am a midday 14 July 2021 original placeholder, and was most recently told I was on a September build for October delivery...now a November build for December delivery. Pondering delay of registration to 2023 for what limited difference it will make to driving vs residuals for new year designation (but it will likely be that way without any further influence from me). FWIW mine is a Nimbus V6 manual with red calipers and diamond cut wheels. Half black pack and tinted windows.

I actually thought the diamond cut wheels looked a little different in person to how I remember them on the blue show car...they seem more muted with a dark graphite contrast colour (not black) to the brushed chrome outer face...maybe to do with the lighting, but looked nice, just quite different.

None of the cars had the final leather seating.

Thick black rubber on the front bonnet is disappointing, but not a deal breaker for me and once standing a metre or so from the front you don't really notice it.

The guys on the stand seemed to have to polish the full black pack roof from the visible dust, swirls and hand prints every hour or so...I'm glad I've gone for half black pack.

The dark tinted windows looked perfect for me.....dark from the angle, but the engine is still visible when you want to look.

I see others have photographed and posted the number plate connection, so no need for me to add to that. The nimbus grey looks simply stunning on the stand.

I thought the engine sound from the V6es running up the hill stood up well to some of the other exotica...I am happy.

BTW, I was so impressed by seeing the Eletre in person that I placed a deposit to join the queue there and then...means likely end 2023 delivery, but then that will no doubt be subject to further changes. I was told that the pricing was going to be from low £90k to just over £100k for the first editions, and that I could use one of those corporate salary sacrifice schemes for the purchase when it comes to finalising the order.

Attachments

• tempImagedhe90h.png
    tempImagedhe90h.png
    821.5 KB · Views: 69

Kentviking

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Would say 4 from the front (in pre-production):
View attachment 6965
Having looked and felt all around the versions on the stand yesterday I can confirm that this remains the set up (four screws into the painted part of the front bumper)...but I didn't get the impression that it was customer cars on the Goodwood stand (leather seats the key giveaway)

Leonard

Emira Aficionado
Reaction score
Some of my impressions from Goodwood yesterday:

My personal delay is another two months. I am a midday 14 July 2021 original placeholder, and was most recently told I was on a September build for October delivery...now a November build for December delivery. Pondering delay of registration to 2023 for what limited difference it will make to driving vs residuals for new year designation (but it will likely be that way without any further influence from me). FWIW mine is a Nimbus V6 manual with red calipers and diamond cut wheels. Half black pack and tinted windows.

I actually thought the diamond cut wheels looked a little different in person to how I remember them on the blue show car...they seem more muted with a dark graphite contrast colour (not black) to the brushed chrome outer face...maybe to do with the lighting, but looked nice, just quite different.

None of the cars had the final leather seating.

Thick black rubber on the front bonnet is disappointing, but not a deal breaker for me and once standing a metre or so from the front you don't really notice it.

The guys on the stand seemed to have to polish the full black pack roof from the visible dust, swirls and hand prints every hour or so...I'm glad I've gone for half black pack.

The dark tinted windows looked perfect for me.....dark from the angle, but the engine is still visible when you want to look.

I see others have photographed and posted the number plate connection, so no need for me to add to that. The nimbus grey looks simply stunning on the stand.

I thought the engine sound from the V6es running up the hill stood up well to some of the other exotica...I am happy.

BTW, I was so impressed by seeing the Eletre in person that I placed a deposit to join the queue there and then...means likely end 2023 delivery, but then that will no doubt be subject to further changes. I was told that the pricing was going to be from low £90k to just over £100k for the first editions, and that I could use one of those corporate salary sacrifice schemes for the purchase when it comes to finalising the order.
If this is the final wheel I'd happily swap my unobtanium silver wheels out for these

forest

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Does anyone have an image of a black hole?

emiraspain

Emira Addict
Reaction score
Yes but apart from that lot it looks OK (unless your green!)
I think..... and I speak in all honesty (knowing there are some design tweaks that would actually improve it), but if you offered me one new car on sale today, irrelevant of price, just based on looks, that I had to keep for the next 10 years.... It would probably be the Emira over everything. (obviously not in DV! as that hides the form IMO)
Ferrari roma has a weird grill, Ive seen better looking wire keeping chickens in their "coupe", otherwise a contender.
Lambos, are for people who cant drive, or so they say (I cant drive either)
911 looks great but the basic model to me now looks better than the back of the touring gt3, which hasnt improved looks wise over the 991 ,one, 1, single.
F type great, but dating a bit
718 no comparison at all
Discounting 911 restomod and DB5 restored and all those, ie new cars.... Yep, I cant think of a nicer looking car that I would be very proud to be seen in, not feeling like an idiot or hated>