Goodwood - updates and info

Yellow Emira

Reaction score
Hi Tom,
Pleasure to meet you today.

I was also told that my build was moved from June to August so delivery's now September, rather frustrating when hearing it from the customer service desk at the front,the lady could not give an explanation why...

However, the famous Scott Walker was also there and I asked the same question,to which he gave a very in depth and actually meaningful response,but not only that-i actually felt like a valued customer ,Scott single handedly made me feel like my business was wanted and why this was worth it(he really didn't have to sell it to me but still,he does...)

And this is the key fundamental difference I have found between a veteran in the business like Scott and generic Customer service-honestly,every response I've had from CS equates up to the stern face ,Computer says no,couldn't care less about your delay response I got from the person dealing with customer inquiries today.

Compare that to the 10 minutes Scott gave to me explaining the ins and outs and all the difficulties they've had over the past year and the efforts he's gone to and the rest of the team and essentially making himself approachable (when he shouldn't have to at that level quite frankly,that's what CS are for).

The Top guys care,they've done a great job with the Emira,my hat off to them.

The CS front-could do with some sense of ownership imo,engage with the customers ,have that level of enthusiasm your peers do.

If someone spoke to the CS desk amd not having reasons for the delays explained instead of a Key enthusiast like Scott today,it could be a very different story being told.
Good to hear about Scott, not so much about the delay. Please can you let us know what day was your deposit last year? and morning/afternoon? Trying to gauge my delay

Lotustoronto

Emira Addict
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
Hi Tom,
Pleasure to meet you today.

I was also told that my build was moved from June to August so delivery's now September, rather frustrating when hearing it from the customer service desk at the front,the lady could not give an explanation why...

However, the famous Scott Walker was also there and I asked the same question,to which he gave a very in depth and actually meaningful response,but not only that-i actually felt like a valued customer ,Scott single handedly made me feel like my business was wanted and why this was worth it(he really didn't have to sell it to me but still,he does...)

And this is the key fundamental difference I have found between a veteran in the business like Scott and generic Customer service-honestly,every response I've had from CS equates up to the stern face ,Computer says no,couldn't care less about your delay response I got from the person dealing with customer inquiries today.

Compare that to the 10 minutes Scott gave to me explaining the ins and outs and all the difficulties they've had over the past year and the efforts he's gone to and the rest of the team and essentially making himself approachable (when he shouldn't have to at that level quite frankly,that's what CS are for).

The Top guys care,they've done a great job with the Emira,my hat off to them.

The CS front-could do with some sense of ownership imo,engage with the customers ,have that level of enthusiasm your peers do.

If someone spoke to the CS desk amd not having reasons for the delays explained instead of a Key enthusiast like Scott today,it could be a very different story being told.
I did a post previously about CS in the modern world today. I don't like to paint all millennials with the same brush, and some do care about CS, but the majority do not. Proper customer service to me is a dying art form. This is not a Lotus issue but pretty much every industry I encounter these days. I think it's partly by design of major corp's as way of cost cutting. Just my 2 cents. Good to hear that guys like Scott Walker are still around, at least for a little while longer.

Lots_Of_Trouble

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
Good to hear about Scott, not so much about the delay. Please can you let us know what day was your deposit last year? and morning/afternoon? Trying to gauge my delay
Morning after the launch 1 or 2 days before Goodwood.

Previous to this week i was dowm for July delivery

richbrown

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
I was here at 7am so managed to get pics before it got too busy. On stand is Evija (silver), Eletre (silver), Emira (Nimbus), Emira GT4 (yellow/grey). Opposite in First Glance are two more Emiras (Magma, Hethel) and a Seneca one is coming later. There’s another Eletre (yellow) in Electric Avenue. No Dark Verdant or Shadow Grey sadly.

I’ve sat in all the Emiras, had a good look around inside and out and had long chats with Lotus folks.

Customer Care are here and can give a rough indication of your revised delivery date based on latest supply chain info.

Dealer demo cars are due late July. They might get a handful of customer cars delivered in July but most of the previous June batch are into Aug. Mine (#20 deposit) is delayed +6 weeks from June into August. Some cars are delayed a bit less, some a bit more. Autos are delayed “a lot” but they can’t say by how much yet.

View attachment 6726

View attachment 6727

View attachment 6728

View attachment 6729

View attachment 6730

View attachment 6731

View attachment 6732

More to follow…
Thanks Tom and wish I was there ! Nimbus pic excellent. I’ve currently opted for IPS/Auto so interesting to see how long they think.

fatjase

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
I'll be honest, our car is supposedly due in November but if it goes back a couple of months then it means I'll have a few less months of owning an amazing car that I cannot exploit on the wonderful roads our country has to offer. I can live with that truth be told.

Leonard

Emira Aficionado
Reaction score
Could an attendee kindly find out what the score is with the stereo?
Is it any good and if not how much it weighs over the std set up :)

emiraspain

Emira Addict
Reaction score
That's good to hear, I sat in this brand new FE Exige today and it took me 5 attempts to get it into 4th!
Amazing car though 👌

View attachment 6754View attachment 6755
you really need to learn how to drive...... haha
it was probably the adjustable linkage not being quite adjusted correctly... my elise was out of alignment when I bought it and it moved a few times after that.
I wonder if the Emira's will have the same allen key adjustment...

emiraspain

Emira Addict
Reaction score
Maybe someone (who cares) should make a definitive list of questions for tomorrow......

ie red line//6750/7000.... if not, why not..... later model will be 7000/7250?
why the extra rubber on the bonnet gap...
(im not mentioning wheel gap...ever)
seats....
why such delays for tiny changes (and if brave enough, how come harry can change with no penalty.. ;))
why are customers service not more involved and less robotic (serious question..they need to know what we think of them)
Stitching on steering wheel.
What do they think about Evo's review and remarks.... have they seen the final one .... ie with cup tyres... is it better?
Please add, make a simple list... and then add at the end..
WHERE THE HELL IS MY CAR? I'll take it with no wheels, never mind diamond cut, I'd go for a crew cut, with stupid low cut jeans, to get in my car now and be a cut above the rest.

Krisjc21

Reaction score
For those who have seen the car in person is how is the stance width of the car is it wide like an AMG GT R ? I've seen the AMG GT it's so wide it looks so menacing on the road always liked the wide looking car taking the whole space of the road haha

Hedge

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Maybe someone (who cares) should make a definitive list of questions for tomorrow......

ie red line//6750/7000.... if not, why not..... later model will be 7000/7250?
why the extra rubber on the bonnet gap...
(im not mentioning wheel gap...ever)
seats....
why such delays for tiny changes (and if brave enough, how come harry can change with no penalty.. ;))
why are customers service not more involved and less robotic (serious question..they need to know what we think of them)
Stitching on steering wheel.
What do they think about Evo's review and remarks.... have they seen the final one .... ie with cup tyres... is it better?
Please add, make a simple list... and then add at the end..
WHERE THE HELL IS MY CAR? I'll take it with no wheels, never mind diamond cut, I'd go for a crew cut, with stupid low cut jeans, to get in my car now and be a cut above the rest.
Mate of mine spoke to some technical Director of Lotus today. He said that the rev limiter is set to 6.6k due to emissions.

I have to assume that’s the close now for the FE cars.

Of course it’s mappable (what was said).

Of course the 410/430/450 version will have the opportunity for a higher number. That’s my cynical view.

Wizardwings

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Mate of mine spoke to some technical Director of Lotus today. He said that the rev limiter is set to 6.6k due to emissions.

I have to assume that’s the close now for the FE cars.

Of course it’s mappable (what was said).

Of course the 410/430/450 version will have the opportunity for a higher number. That’s my cynical view.
Wonder if it will be limited for the North American market.

Hedge

Emira Fan
Reaction score

Attachments

• A1407899-0464-456D-8A3F-D5F133B7BA3E.jpeg
    A1407899-0464-456D-8A3F-D5F133B7BA3E.jpeg
    81.4 KB · Views: 42

Hedge

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Wonder if it will be limited for the North American market.
No idea. But we are still allowed to drive new cars with wooden chassis with V8 engines wedged in them. So, i’m guessing the North American market will be lucky with a 600rpm cut out ;)

Leonard

Emira Aficionado
Reaction score
For those who have seen the car in person is how is the stance width of the car is it wide like an AMG GT R ? I've seen the AMG GT it's so wide it looks so menacing on the road always liked the wide looking car taking the whole space of the road haha
It's wide, especially from the rear
Screenshot_20220623-215207_Chrome.jpg