Goodwood - updates and info

VL3X

Staff member
Reaction score
Interview with Stewart Croucher clip.. you can see him searching for the company line on deliveries, which i'll leave as a surprise!

TL;DW - "Customer deliveries now."

Proof or it's not happening... Didn't someone say their July delivery got pushed to October? Who are these customers getting deliveries "now?"

kitkat

Emira Degenerate
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
Someone there, could you take a closer look at how the number plate is mounted? Is it mounted from the bottom or bolted in through holes on the top?

Pav

Emira Fan
Reaction score
TL;DW - "Customer deliveries now."

Proof or it's not happening... Didn't someone say their July delivery got pushed to October? Who are these customers getting deliveries "now?"
My guess FWIW is it's just the current company/PR line, it's consistent with the message in the Matt video and the 'first production car ready for delivery' in the background. They've probably all been given a positive half-truth to say / told not to say the first June deliveries might be August or September. Made me smile, it's just marketing fluff.

emiraspain

Emira Addict
Reaction score
Not to come in the middle of it all, but the person who said his July delivery had been delayed to October, was some one who had a July delivery even though he placed his order (apparently) after the cut off date last July for July delivery, if that makes sense.
I mean, there was someone who placed an order before that gentleman and he didnt have a July delivery, so I think that would be the first piece of information to get to the bottom of before we all assume we are looking at 3 month delays. We also dont know, or I didnt see it, his spec, although it was a manual, so auto is not the reason. There is also the possibility of an error having been made......
I guess next week all will become as clear as....dish water....after washing some very dirty dishes indeed. haha

Kingslim

Reaction score
Someone there, could you take a closer look at how the number plate is mounted? Is it mounted from the bottom or bolted in through holes on the top?
I'll take a look when I am there tomorrow, but bear in mind the models at the show all look they have the thin UK plates rather than the more square US plates, or did you mean the mount that attaches the plate to the car?

Citizen

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Please people attending the Lotus stand make full of media , photos and videos for your forum friends 😂

DrD

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Also separately, I had a play with the pre prod magma car on the stand. I know it's not the same thing with it being stationary, but the gearbox felt so nice. The car had about 4.5k miles on it, so I wonder if it needs a bit of "bedding in"? Who knows. But to reassure those that are worrying, you won't be disappointed. It definitely doesn't make or break the car, nor does it define it!

Also RHD cars don't seem to have that offset position that shmee described. As far as I could tell at least

kitkat

Emira Degenerate
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
I'll take a look when I am there tomorrow, but bear in mind the models at the show all look they have the thin UK plates rather than the more square US plates, or did you mean the mount that attaches the plate to the car?

Yeah basically I want to see if the mount is visible from the top if removed or if it's a hidden plate mount setup that's bolted in from the bottom.

TXEMIRA

Emira Maniac
Reaction score
Interview with Stewart Croucher clip.. you can see him searching for the company line on deliveries, which i'll leave as a surprise!

Summary:
Everyone is going to love it.
You can get it now.
It’s better to drive than anyone expected.
Good gap is basically gone now.

Got it.

#ForTheExcitement

Leonard

Emira Aficionado
Reaction score
Also separately, I had a play with the pre prod magma car on the stand. I know it's not the same thing with it being stationary, but the gearbox felt so nice. The car had about 4.5k miles on it, so I wonder if it needs a bit of "bedding in"? Who knows. But to reassure those that are worrying, you won't be disappointed. It definitely doesn't make or break the car, nor does it define it!

Also RHD cars don't seem to have that offset position that shmee described. As far as I could tell at least
That's good to hear, I sat in this brand new FE Exige today and it took me 5 attempts to get it into 4th!
Amazing car though 👌

20220623_165321.jpg
20220623_165244.jpg

Last edited:

Lots_Of_Trouble

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
I was here at 7am so managed to get pics before it got too busy. On stand is Evija (silver), Eletre (silver), Emira (Nimbus), Emira GT4 (yellow/grey). Opposite in First Glance are two more Emiras (Magma, Hethel) and a Seneca one is coming later. There’s another Eletre (yellow) in Electric Avenue. No Dark Verdant or Shadow Grey sadly.

I’ve sat in all the Emiras, had a good look around inside and out and had long chats with Lotus folks.

Customer Care are here and can give a rough indication of your revised delivery date based on latest supply chain info.

Dealer demo cars are due late July. They might get a handful of customer cars delivered in July but most of the previous June batch are into Aug. Mine (#20 deposit) is delayed +6 weeks from June into August. Some cars are delayed a bit less, some a bit more. Autos are delayed “a lot” but they can’t say by how much yet.

View attachment 6726

View attachment 6727

View attachment 6728

View attachment 6729

View attachment 6730

View attachment 6731

View attachment 6732

More to follow…
Hi Tom,
Pleasure to meet you today.

I was also told that my build was moved from June to August so delivery's now September, rather frustrating when hearing it from the customer service desk at the front,the lady could not give an explanation why...

However, the famous Scott Walker was also there and I asked the same question,to which he gave a very in depth and actually meaningful response,but not only that-i actually felt like a valued customer ,Scott single handedly made me feel like my business was wanted and why this was worth it(he really didn't have to sell it to me but still,he does...)

And this is the key fundamental difference I have found between a veteran in the business like Scott and generic Customer service-honestly,every response I've had from CS equates up to the stern face ,Computer says no,couldn't care less about your delay response I got from the person dealing with customer inquiries today.

Compare that to the 10 minutes Scott gave to me explaining the ins and outs and all the difficulties they've had over the past year and the efforts he's gone to and the rest of the team and essentially making himself approachable (when he shouldn't have to at that level quite frankly,that's what CS are for).

The Top guys care,they've done a great job with the Emira,my hat off to them.

The CS front-could do with some sense of ownership imo,engage with the customers ,have that level of enthusiasm your peers do.

If someone spoke to the CS desk amd not having reasons for the delays explained instead of a Key enthusiast like Scott today,it could be a very different story being told.

CDM1855

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
Hi Tom,

I was also told that my build was moved from June to August so delivery's now September, rather frustrating when hearing it from the customer service desk at the front,the lady could not give an explanation why...

However, the famous Scott Walker was also there and I asked the same question,to which he gave a very in depth and actually meaningful response,but not only that-i actually felt like a valued customer ,Scott single handedly made me feel like my business was wanted and why this was worth it(he really didn't have to sell it to me but still,he does...)

And this is the key fundamental difference I have found between a veteran in the business like Scott and generic Customer service-honestly,every response I've had from CS equates up to the stern face ,Computer says no,couldn't care less about your delay response I got from the person dealing with customer inquiries today.

Compare that to the 10 minutes Scott gave to me explaining the ins and outs and all the difficulties they've had over the past year and the efforts he's gone to and the rest of the team and essentially making himself approachable (when he shouldn't have to at that level quite frankly,that's what CS are for).

The CS front-could do with some sense of ownership imo,engage with the customers ,have that level of enthusiasm your peers do.

If someone spoke to the CS desk amd not having reasons for the delays explained instead of a Key enthusiast like Scott today,it could be a very different story being told.
Does anyone have Scott’s email address ?. I would like to ask him a question . Can PM me please

Leonard

Emira Aficionado
Reaction score
Hi Tom,

Scott needs cloning he's a major asset, especially when he's putting himself out to help fill the void in CX
I still can't understand how it's still this bad. It can't have a Director responsible for the team that understands what is required and/or the Head of CX/Manager can't have the support of the full business. Seems very disjointed. It's mind blowing for a luxury goods D2C business.
Happy to do a few days consultancy if anyone is listening and you can knock them off of my Emira RRP 😉
Genuinely hope they are sorting this out in house, it will be a massive win for customer retention