Goodwood - updates and info

Tommyboy1986

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Let’s all just say spring delivery and then anything earlier is a bonus 👌🏽👌🏽 All I know is that at some point in the near future we will all be blasting about in a decent sexy motor so happy days 👌🏽

dgrace

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
I think he broke something as continued to smoke from the back left all the way up the hill...
From the way they red-flagged the following car, I think he oiled the track. Lots of Trouble... Sounded glorious though!

Yachtie

Emira Fan
Reaction score
I’ve just been told that my V6 manual is delayed from July to October delivery order placed last year on the Thursday of Goodwood
Apparently emails will be going out to confirm these deliveries after Goodwood
I’ve been passed the stand several times during the day and it has been rammed pretty much all day

freefall_junkie

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
I’ve just been told that my V6 manual is delayed from July to October delivery order placed last year on the Thursday of Goodwood
I’ve been passed the stand several times during the day and it has been rammed pretty much all day
Thanks for sharing. I was in the July batch too and that is a much bigger delay than I'd hoped. May I ask what your spec is?

donskibeat

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
That's not good

I placed my order before Goodwood last year and was already delayed until August, so strange that you were July originally but placed your order after I did?, so not quite sure how they are working out the order of things here.

Not sure why they are telling some people this information when they ask, and others like me are just getting generic replies via email fobbing us off. You obviously have to drive to Goodwood just to get a proper answer....

Yachtie

Emira Fan
Reaction score
For others going to Goodwood this weekend I was told the yellow car has the production seats, they were Alcantara, all other Emiras here have pre-production.
Have to say I found them very good! I really liked the simplicity of the interior, I think it will be a great place to be!

firstlotus

Reaction score
Thanks for the update @TomE! Please keep them coming...

P.S. Those doors on Nimbus still look like they're a different colour. Apart from that, Nimbus looks great under those lights!
Digilotus you're right the doors look like they were painted in a separate paint shop and put on the car later... weird - any other Nimbus Grey pics you can get Tom...? Thanks...

Yachtie

Emira Fan
Reaction score
That's not good

I placed my order before Goodwood last year and was already delayed until August, so strange that you were July originally but placed your order after I did?, so not quite sure how they are working out the order of things here.

Not sure why they are telling some people this information when they ask, and others like me are just getting generic replies via email fobbing us off. You obviously have to drive to Goodwood just to get a proper answer....
Not sure why they are not replying to you, they looked me up on the system and told me the bad news in less than a minute!

kitkat

Emira Degenerate
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order

Wow, I mean I guess 3 months is technically a few (9-12) weeks.

I guess sometime in the first quarter of 2023 for U.S. deliveries.

OP
TomE

TomE

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
Riding up the hill in the car was fantastic. The seats are very supportive, decent amount of side bolster for brisk cornering. Acceleration is rapid and pretty linear from the SC, it pulls hard from low revs and keeps going. Great V6 noise, even with windows closed and wearing a helmet. Gearchange looked fine and had to be done deliberately, like in an Evora. Grip was very good, even though Cup2s weren’t fully warm, and good precise turn in. The hill was dry and is smooth tarmac, so the slight downsides of Sport on uneven surfaces not apparent. Brakes were particularly impressive, even better than Evora.

We got loads of attention while waiting to start, lots of people taking pictures, waving, chatting.

Internet connectivity has been very patchy, so I haven’t been able to post much. I’ll do more when I get home tonight.

6699FBD8-369C-4EA7-8CEA-729ECE656095.jpeg

kitkat

Emira Degenerate
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
Riding up the hill in the car was fantastic. The seats are very supportive, decent amount of side bolster for brisk cornering. Acceleration is rapid and pretty linear from the SC, it pulls hard from low revs and keeps going. Great V6 noise, even with windows closed and wearing a helmet. Gearchange looked fine and had to be done deliberately, like in an Evora. Grip was very good, even though Cup2s weren’t fully warm, and good precise turn in. The hill was dry and is smooth tarmac, so the slight downsides of Sport on uneven surfaces not apparent. Brakes were particularly impressive, even better than Evora.

We got loads of attention while waiting to start, lots of people taking pictures, waving, chatting.

Internet connectivity has been very patchy, so I haven’t been able to post much. I’ll do more when I get home tonight.

View attachment 6749
Hope you're having a blast!

VL3X

Staff member
Reaction score

View attachment 6749

I haven't trusted a word you've said since April, but congrats (if this did actually happen)! ;)

Porter

tap tap... is this thing on?
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Anyone got a timestamp for the magma run on the live stream?
It's about 1 hour 41 min into the stream from the beginning. You may need to do some math on the current timestamps.

It's immediately following a Polestar 2 and just prior to a Polestar concept vehicle.

1656002262197.png

haaaake

Reaction score
If anyone is there and can ask questions can you ask about the Ohlins TTX setup on the GT4 model. Would love to know some specs on spring rate.

Would also be great to know how far the alignment can be pushed on the factory cars.