Goodwood Track Day

JP__FOX

Reaction score
Now that the I've run the car in, I took it down to Goodwood on Friday for the first track day!

Absolutely love the car, so well balanced and such fun to drive. I'm quite hard on the brakes so need to source some uprated pads but I thought some of you may like to see the on board footage...

In the absence of any other youtube videos of a Lotus Emira doing Goodwood circuit, does this mean I can claim a lap record for an Emira? 🤣

Eagle7

Emira Aficionado
Reaction score
You might very well be the first production Emira doing laps there. Good lines and times. The car looks very smooth and stable out there. What chassis and tires?

richbrown

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Now that the I've run the car in, I took it down to Goodwood on Friday for the first track day!

Absolutely love the car, so well balanced and such fun to drive. I'm quite hard on the brakes so need to source some uprated pads but I thought some of you may like to see the on board footage...

In the absence of any other youtube videos of a Lotus Emira doing Goodwood circuit, does this mean I can claim a lap record for an Emira? 🤣
Great video and my favourite track! Where did you mount the camera and what is it and will fit the same on mine when it arrives !

Ft.S

Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
Really enjoyed it, thank you. And of course, well-driven Emira 👋

A couple of questions from me as well in addition to the above:
  • Interestingly, your lap times kept increasing as the session went on. Is that related to how the car was behaving, brakes, tires, or something else?
  • I am not familiar with the track, but I assume the surface approaching Woodcote turn must have some undulations, it appears on the video as the car was a bit floating left and right under braking. Any thoughts?
Thank you again.

BeHappy

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
Great driving Looks like you were pushing her harder than Schmee 👍

Last edited:

GetawayDriving

Emira Fiend
Reaction score

A proper push! Aside from that one vid rallying up an Italian hillside, maybe the first proper push I’ve seen on video. Looks mighty stable out there. Reminds me of the confidence I felt around Hethel.

kitkat

Emira Addict
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
A proper push! Aside from that one vid rallying up an Italian hillside, maybe the first proper push I’ve seen on video. Looks mighty stable out there. Reminds me of the confidence I felt around Hethel.
The two things I got from this video:

- someone can actually shift the Emira without missing shifts
- looks like turn-in really puts the car where you want it and mid corner stability is just fine not a lot of correction here

OP
J

JP__FOX

Reaction score
Thanks all, it's sport suspension with Cup 2's and yes, the turn in feels incredible!

Regarding the laps slowing towards the end of the session, I lifted before passing cars on the last 2 laps and without that, I think they'd all be within about 0.5 seconds, which is pretty consistent for an amateur driver when the timing is done from phone GPS. The pads feel like the weakest link as I mentioned when pushing hard but I'm very hard on the brakes in all cars on track. The rest of the car felt very consistent and felt stable under braking although with anything mid engined, you can feel the weight is behind you when braking heavily, which is what I think you're seeing coming into Woodcote but it felt good over the slight undulations.

It's filmed using my phone and an app called Harry's Lap Timer to overlay the data afterwards and its held using a RAM suction mount on the screen to the engine bay, with a RAM arm and a quadlock clip with quadlock phone case.

Just been watching it back again and I can't wait to get back out on track! 😁

richbrown

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Thanks all, it's sport suspension with Cup 2's and yes, the turn in feels incredible!

Regarding the laps slowing towards the end of the session, I lifted before passing cars on the last 2 laps and without that, I think they'd all be within about 0.5 seconds, which is pretty consistent for an amateur driver when the timing is done from phone GPS. The pads feel like the weakest link as I mentioned when pushing hard but I'm very hard on the brakes in all cars on track. The rest of the car felt very consistent and felt stable under braking although with anything mid engined, you can feel the weight is behind you when braking heavily, which is what I think you're seeing coming into Woodcote but it felt good over the slight undulations.

It's filmed using my phone and an app called Harry's Lap Timer to overlay the data afterwards and its held using a RAM suction mount on the screen to the engine bay, with a RAM arm and a quadlock clip with quadlock phone case.

Just been watching it back again and I can't wait to get back out on track! 😁
Thanks ! Will hope to get to the circuit later this year