• 30 - 40 years old

• 40 - 50 years old

• 60 - 70 years old

• 70+ years old

• 50 - 60 years old

Results are only viewable after voting.

Duncx

Reaction score
I'm 62, had silly cars all my life, started with Triumphs and kit cars, followed by a string of TVRs, finally got onto Lotus about 15 years ago . This will be my 7th Lotus (number 6, my Elise Cup 250 is staying!) and my first ever new car. It makes me smile when people come out with the old 'mid life crisis' comment, they clearly don't know me :)
For the six Lotus I've owned so far - 15 years of fun motoring have cost NOTHING in depreciation, absolutely ZERO! In fact, if I sold my 250 Cup right now (in this booming market) I would be a few grand UP on the whole journey. I'm not expecting a brand new Emira to keep up with that amazing record but I'm thinking hey, maybe I can afford to lose a bit this time round (y)

First Lotus

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
I'm 62, had silly cars all my life, started with Triumphs and kit cars, followed by a string of TVRs, finally got onto Lotus about 15 years ago . This will be my 7th Lotus (number 6, my Elise Cup 250 is staying!) and my first ever new car. It makes me smile when people come out with the old 'mid life crisis' comment, they clearly don't know me :)
For the six Lotus I've owned so far - 15 years of fun motoring have cost NOTHING in depreciation, absolutely ZERO! In fact, if I sold my 250 Cup right now (in this booming market) I would be a few grand UP on the whole journey. I'm not expecting a brand new Emira to keep up with that amazing record but I'm thinking hey, maybe I can afford to lose a bit this time round (y)
My thoughts exactly... Had my 430 7 years now and genuinely think I could sell it for what I paid for it having put 15k miles on it. Not expecting to have the same result with this one, but if its kept for a long time then it'll probably average out at a reasonable cost per year. And if its given to the children then it doesn't matter what it's worth! Not that they will know how to drive a manual! 3 and 5 now!

Lots_Of_Trouble

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
You are the future ME 🤣
People think I'm having a mid life crisis,I've been having one since I started to drive!

TomE

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
This lot is market research gold for Lotus. I'm exporting as pdf and see if I can part-ex it for my Emira.

Aged somewhere under 50 last time I checked.
You know people from Lotus are already on here right? ;)

Lankan

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
50's, but age is only a number. It is all about how you feel, or at least that is what I feel.
Been car-mad from a very young age, and have been fortunate enough to own a fair few that were built for one purpose - to drive and enjoy, and all of them have one thing in common; they all were/are RWD with a manual gearbox, and were either rear or mid engined, except for a couple. Have had only one AWD car (GR Yaris), but tend to drive it in Sport mode (so 30/70 rear bias).

The Exige S RGB, being my first Lotus, I am now well and truly hooked, so had to go for the Emira (V6 manual). How can one miss the last ever ICE-powered Lotus which is also a sight to behold - best of both worlds, which may be an increasingly rare sight.

Look forward to many a drive in the Emira, and, meeting up with as many of you as possible. This forum has kept the flame alive, and long may it continue.

Last edited:

RobL

Reaction score
I'm 32, had a MX-5 Mk2.5 in early 20s.

Getting back in to a sports car has been in planning for a while..

Was pretty set on what seems to have been a rare spec Alfa 4C in UK (rosso competizione, coupe, spider headlights, silver wheels).

The used prices compared to a couple of years ago, and lack of manual, had me a little reluctant should one come up.

Then the Emira came along :love:. It will be by far the most I've spent on a car, and first time speccing a new car.

Mk7 Golf GTD, pre WFH daily, has gone to make way.

BMW E34 and VW T25 both staying, their zero depreciation and practicality helping with justification! 😂

Bilbao-Emira

Emira Maniac
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
i will be celebrating my 5th birthday sometime in the future. Don't know exactly when since I can't count how many days per year yet, but you are all invited!
I believe I just passed my midlife crisis two years ago, when they locked me inside the house for a long time together with the bastard of the dog and that stupid cat.
Decided to buy the Emira and keep it in the garage of my girlfriend until I can get my drivers license. They told me that will happen 14 years from now. Seems like centuries to me.
As for now I like playing with the colors, but I am running out of ink with those FE Colors. I really like the one that looks like a rainbow, Tried it on the cat and really suits him.

oh sorry, just woke up to be 54, Thank God the cat is not around anymore and I have drivers license.

Dabjbr

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Is this current age or the age I’ll be when I take delivery? I might have tack on a couple more ;)