• We are conducting our first ever Lotus Emira of the Month for May 2024. This will be a monthly contest and will be submissions from users, voted for by the membership. Please take a moment to check out thread here: 🏆 May 2024 - Emira of the Month starts now! (You can dismiss this message by clicking the X in the top right hand corner of this notice.)

Geely increases their stake in Aston Martin

Lotustoronto

Emira Addict
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
Hmmmm why do I get the feeling Geely wants to be in F1. I can see Lotus becoming a team again and sharing tech with Aston.

F1 has surged in popularity and although Lotus is going EV, F1 is still a huge marketing play. Aston Martin is going in a good direction imo. Excited to see the new DB12 next week, looks like they finally fixed the interior.

TomE

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
It was confirmed by two senior Lotus people at the Classic Team Lotus Garden Party yesterday that Lotus will not be going back into F1.

It doesn't fit with the transition to EVs. I think it's more likely (but just speculation on my part) that they'd go into e-racing. They are already technical partner for Jenson Button's JBXE team in Extreme E.

Lotustoronto

Emira Addict
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
It was confirmed by two senior Lotus people at the Classic Team Lotus Garden Party yesterday that Lotus will not be going back into F1.

It doesn't fit with the transition to EVs. I think it's more likely (but just speculation on my part) that they'd go into e-racing. They are already technical partner for Jenson Button's JBXE team in Extreme E.
How was the Garden Party? Any info on the base Emira or future variants?

Completely agree that Lotus would make much more sense in Formula E or other EV type racing. Surprised Emira GT4 hasn't been seen racing yet either. A little sad to know that Lotus won't be in F1 again. Truly is the end of one era and starting of another. Perhaps they can pioneer in EV racing as they did with F1 so many years ago.