Geely acquires stake in Aston Martin

yeah...I saw that...I certainly think it makes sense and hopefully Geely can help steady the ship at Aston Martin (glorious cars, always been a bit more suspect at financial management). Not a bad stable of brands to pool together in the slightest.

Seems to be a common theme with Geely - investing in Mercedes and alongside Mercedes at Aston Martin.

It should be positive for Aston Martin. I wonder if it might lead to some F1 collaboration for Lotus.
Definitely maybe some cross knowledge experience....

Who knows perhaps moving forward Aston Martin/Lotus will be at the same dealership agent.

It should be positive for Aston Martin. I wonder if it might lead to some F1 collaboration for Lotus.
F1 is a very fast moving game and Lotus haven't been involved since 1994. There's also a vast difference between GT4 and F1 and the step may be too large, but Lotus may surprise us yet.

Be cool to have a Geely team running one Aston branded and one Lotus branded car. If that is even allowed!

With all the experts on here who have a better idea how to run car manufacturers than Lotus or Geely do, perhaps a crowd-funded Emira Forum takeover? :)
Tom... you might be on to something here... I'll pitch in as long as @emiraspain is comms director and @Leonard takes care of CS complaints department. I can only imagine the reply's to customers 🤣... Maybe we can buy the rights to keep producing Exige and Elise in small numbers?

F1 is a very fast moving game and Lotus haven't been involved since 1994. There's also a vast difference between GT4 and F1 and the step may be too large, but Lotus may surprise us yet.
Geely would salivate at the opportunity to brand Lotus into F1 IMO.... For a manufacturer it has some serious commercial gains. However, because Lotus is going all electric I don't know how that would fit with current F1...maybe the electric F1 series?

Very sad that we need the Chinese to save our heritage i.e. Volvo, Lotus, Aston Martin etc.........
Let it be, it is historically insurmountable
Growth of the different population shows that in future China is "out" and India and Nigeria are "in"......

See this very interesting video below ( in full starting from the year 1820 ):

Very sad that we need the Chinese to save our heritage i.e. Volvo, Lotus, Aston Martin etc.........
Growth of the different population shows that in future China is "out" and India and Nigeria are "in"......

Great video, frightening really. Can the world accommodate that many peoples needs!

Let's hope Aston can maintain making desirable cars..

Tom... you might be on to something here... I'll pitch in as long as @emiraspain is comms director and @Leonard takes care of CS complaints department. I can only imagine the reply's to customers 🤣... Maybe we can buy the rights to keep producing Exige and Elise in small numbers?
I'm sooooooo nice to customers it's unreal in today's world.
Why I can't be doing with this proverbial deletive with Lotus and zero lack of any CX 😅
Although even then I have some empathy for those holding the Fort which makes it worse for me 😆 NOBODY wants to work in Customer Service anymore but EVERYONE demands the best experience and has zero tolerance for failure..

If only our government was invested in growing our economy for the right reasons.
Everyone could have a decent std of living